UPS Intern Interview Questions | Glassdoor

UPS Intern Interview Questions

Interviews at UPS

2.6

Anonymous Employee in Columbus, OH

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at UPS (Columbus, OH) in March 2017.

Interview

The Interview process was quite laid-back. The first interview was on the phone with two supervisors on the line, and the second was in the office with the office manager.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for UPS

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at UPS (Atlanta, GA).

Interview

Straightforward and easy, nothing too difficult at all; questions were based on experience. I submitted the app and was emailed by a recruiter to schedule an interview, I went to the in-person interview and met with 2 hiring managers. I was emailed back a week later to schedule another interview with a higher-level manager. After that, the original recruiter called me about a week later offering me the position.

Interview Questions

• Talk us through your resume   1 Answer

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at UPS in January 2016.

Interview

I had recently completed an internship in the same field just before applying to UPS as a soon-to-be graduate. I do believe I flubbed one question, but answered it to the best of my ability considering it was out of my undergraduate studies. It was an hour-long interview that I felt went very well. I sent a writing sample to the interviewer, and I felt as if I performed admirably. I received a courteous response to my sample email, and that was the end of communications. I feel like if a potential employer is going to devote the effort/time to interview with your company in-person, the minimum effort on the company's part is to send a "thanks but no thanks" offer via phone or email. It's kind of bad manners to not even send a notice.

Interview Questions

• Name an example of a company handling a PR disaster well?   Answer Question
    • How would you contact a news station about a potential media opportunity?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at UPS (Los Angeles, CA) in May 2015.

Interview

2 interviews, each with 2 to 3 managers and ask questions such as why do you want to work with UPS, what benefits will you find from working within this company, and would you want to work for UPS after the internship is over

Anonymous Employee in Mahwah, NJ

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at UPS (Mahwah, NJ) in April 2015.

Interview

I was away when they wanted to interview me, so I had a phone interview & then went in the week after for an in-person interview. It was a very simple interview- I was not put on the spot to answer detailed questions- I was just asked a little about myself (school, previous work experience, etc.).

Interview Questions

• They didn't really ask any specific questions- just really talked about previous work experience.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at UPS.

Interview

straight forward questions and very friendly people
    nice experience and quick response and I went for an in person interview the interviewer first made me feel free firstly there where few hr questions and then few technical questions all the process was completed in an hour.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at UPS in November 2016.

Interview

Pretty basic and relaxed phone interview, all really nice people that were easy to talk to. Just wanted to talk about resume and experiences in programming nothing too technical but they want to make sure you know your stuff. Definitely be able to talk about what you listed on your resume to great detail. I had about a 20 minute phone interview and got a call the next day for an offer.

Anonymous Employee in Alpharetta, GA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at UPS (Alpharetta, GA) in November 2016.

Interview

A club that I was in presented me with the opportunity to send my resume in for the UPS internship so I did and the club leaders sent my resume along to UPS. About a week later I got a phone call from a Talent Acquisition Specialist that was basically a screening. She asked me what I would like to highlight on my resume and talked to me about my resume. Then about a month later (!) someone from HR set up a phone interview with me and talked to me about my strengths and what I like to do and what languages I'm familiar with. He asked a lot of questions like "are you familiar with this ??" I think he was just getting a feel for what would be the best position I would fit within the different departments. He said he would send my resume along to even higher hiring managers. Three days later I had another interview with a person in charge of the department I would intern for - it was supposed to be with two people but one was busy. She asked me to talk about myself and my history with coding, how good I am at self learning, languages I knew - which one I though I was best at. She asked a lot about previous projects I'd done and what I wanted to do the most. The same day I got an offer for the internship. All in all, they were all very nice people and easy to talk to. No hard questions, they just want to know about your background to see if you're the right fit.

Interview Questions

• What projects have you done in the past that you're proud of?   Answer Question
    • Which coding language do you think you're the best in?   Answer Question
    • Tell us about yourself? What is your history with programming?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at UPS (Atlanta, GA) in October 2017.

Interview

One phone call conversation with some technical questions sprinkled in, asked about basic qualifications and previous experience in the field. No gotcha questions, just a casual conversation. Got back to me relatively quickly with an offer ready to go.

Interview Questions

• Asked about basic data structures and previous experience   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Columbus, OH

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at UPS (Columbus, OH) in August 2017.

Interview

Very easy in person interview. They call before and help you understand what the interviewer will be looking for. Arrive early because it is a difficult place to find and a process to get through security.