UPS Intern Interview Questions | Glassdoor

UPS Intern Interview Questions

Interviews at UPS

2.6

Anonymous Employee in Mahwah, NJ

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at UPS (Mahwah, NJ) in April 2015.

Interview

I was away when they wanted to interview me, so I had a phone interview & then went in the week after for an in-person interview. It was a very simple interview- I was not put on the spot to answer detailed questions- I was just asked a little about myself (school, previous work experience, etc.).

Interview Questions

• They didn't really ask any specific questions- just really talked about previous work experience.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation.

Other Interview Reviews for UPS

Anonymous Employee in Livonia, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at UPS (Livonia, MI) in April 2016.

Interview

Interview process was very basic, greeted by a friendly receptionist and wasn't kept waiting for long, interview took about 30 minutes overall friendly and straight forward process for the position. Basic behavioral interview with friendly management.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

negotiation took place over the phone during formal offer

Anonymous Employee in Mahwah, NJ

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at UPS (Mahwah, NJ) in May 2015.

Interview

I applied through job fair at school and they called me to schadule a phone interview. It had so many technical questions as well as background questions. The interview was around half an hour conducted by the hiring manager .

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at UPS.

Interview

They will ask you many of the typical questions: strengths and weaknesses, why do you like UPS, what would you do during a difficult situation with a complicated person, etc...

Interview Questions

• They will ask you non-behavioral questions, things that you would learn in class. For instance: if you are marketing how would you go about calculating the prize of this item? If you are IT they will ask you to explain how to do a specific thing within the programs they are looking for. If you are Finance, they will ask you how to calculate specific $ values. So just be prepared to answer questions you would typically see in one of your classes.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at UPS (Atlanta, GA) in April 2015.

Interview

The interview asked very basic questions with a few situational/behavioral questions. Very straightforward and similar to a review and explication of the resume. The interviewers are very friendly, and they do not ask any difficult questions.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Timonium, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at UPS (Timonium, MD) in February 2015.

Interview

I had two interviews. The first interview was with HR and the other one was with team members including a director. In the interview with HR, I was asked about mostly mostly behavioral based and about a resume. For example, what did you do before?, What are you going to do in this situation? what is your weakness?, and etc. The questions with team members were technical based about Java; basic, methods, how to use them, and etc.

Interview Questions

• How and when do you use try-catch?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time when you worked as a team. What is the most difficult thing? How did you handle it?   Answer Question
    • What are the differences between method Overloading versus Overriding?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at UPS.

Interview

The CVs are shortlisted and the candidates are contacted directly for an interview( mine was not in person - it was a call based interview) I appeared for two interviews and was confirmed thereafter.

Interview Questions

• The interview process focused on resume a lot. A lot was focused at understanding my analytical capabilities and project management skills. Their was less focus on core technical skills but rather on work ethic, business acumen etc. I did clear it. The process lasted 3-4 weeks.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Shanghai, Shanghai (China)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at UPS (Shanghai, Shanghai (China)) in April 2016.

Interview

one round phone interview. schedule with HR. Project management manager and group manager interview me for about 30 minutes. Wait for 4 days to get the offer.

Interview Questions

• introduction at first, ask serval questions about the resume, education background, why want to work in UPS, advantage in this opportunity, the early date available for working, the ending date. Talking about the working responsibility, working location, compensation.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brussels (Belgium)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at UPS (Brussels (Belgium)).

Interview

I submitted my resume and cover letter on the UPS website after seeing the posting on glassdoor. I was contacted a few days later by a junior HR staff member. She only got my profile, asking what types of functions I've done and how proficient I am in Excel etc. from her description of the function they were looking for someone who was quite experienced for an internship role and that the person might be considered for full employment later.

At the end of the conversation she told me that she would get back to me about an in-person interview the following week, but I have not heard anything since that conversation.