UPS Internal Sales Representative Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.0

1 Candidate Interview ReviewBack to all Interviews

Internal Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at UPS (Phoenix, AZ) in January 2013.

Interview

I completed an online job application on Sunday and received a phone call the very next day from their Talent Acquisition person. This call provided salary, training and benefits information as well as a brief overview of the job requirements. I also scheduled a telephone interview for two days later with the same person. That call basically restated the same information covered in the online posting as well as the earlier phone call. I was then asked to complete an online Sales Career Battery assessment within 72 hours of the telephone interview. This assessment was timed and limited to no longer than 1 hour and 15 minutes. I completed it well within the time restriction given shortly after the telephone interview. The next day I was called by their local HR person and asked to come in on Friday for an in-person ISR panel interview to be conducted by the HR person as well as the hiring manager. That process began with a very formal question and answer period, where I was given a copy of the questions to be asked. I was also given a notepad and pencil to jot down my thoughts prior to answering. The formal questions were broken out into four separate sheets covering a wide range of sales-type questions. The interview concluded with a less formal question and answer period that focused more on my individual personality traits and how they could be an asset to the position.

Interview Questions

• Describe a specific instance where a customer was unhappy with your product or service and how did you handle it.   Answer Question

At the panel interview, I learned that this position is primarily prospecting via telephone within a given assigned territory to acquire more customers. While I understood this was part of the job description, I thought the job would be more varied and that the primary focus would be to grow the business through existing customers. I also was very fortunate to interview with a number of other prospective employers that same week. A few days later I received a formal offer from a different company offering a much better salary ($15,000 more a year) in an industry that is better suited to my professional background.