UPS Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.3

401 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Internal Audit Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at UPS (Atlanta, GA).

Interview

Process took about two weeks, started with a phone conversation from a hiring manager and I was then invited for a face to face interview at their head office in Atlanta, Georgia

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gardena, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at UPS (Gardena, CA) in December 2017.

Interview

Applied to the Gardena, CA facility online for Part Time package handler in early November. I got a text end of November claiming they had lots of jobs to give away and I should get down there asap. So I heads down there that Saturday on December 2nd. When I get down the facility, there's a whole host of people there waiting for their tour and interview with HR.

They start the tour, lead past the guard point and into some sort of hangar, where they give us fliers describing the company, it's pay, ect. They have us make a circle and one of the guys that works there stands in the middle and explains to us that they're very short staffed because people have been walking off the job en masse and if we have the drive, want the hours, the work is there for us but we just have to want it. I'm thinking to myself "Hey, if they don't want the work, I'll take it no problem." After that, this very short woman who was the HR person told us to line up in single file in front of her office.

Now here I am near the front of the line with the ability, drive and dedication, pleasantly waiting my turn. She comes back out the office after the third person, and hands us these sheets where we had to fill out our name, number, ect and what shifts we were interested in taking. So I'm finally called in to this little office and she ask me if I've ever been in trouble with the law , do I have any health problems, what hours am I available to work ect. I'm good on all that. So I answer, letting her know my complete availability and she tells me the sunrise shift is full and someone will call with confirmation on the twilight when a space is available. So I'm sitting there thinking "Didn't your guy back there just say you were severely understaffed and people were walking off the job? How did you go from understaffed to brimming in the quarter hour or so, I've been standing here?"

Nevertheless I thanked her for her time and went home to await my phone call. Over one month later, I've been waiting and calling down there only to be told no positions available, when they've advertised a need for help with the very job I applied for at the very facility I applied at 6 times since then. Heck, they're advertising for that position on Glassdoor right at this moment, but still no call to the qualified guy supposedly on their waiting list and probably many more. I'm so done.

My advice to interviewees is don't put your hopes on a call from here and my advice to UPS is to get a new competent HR down there because the one you got doesn't know how to run your business.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at UPS (Chicago, IL) in November 2017.

Interview

The interview process was quick and simple they told a group of about 15 of us about what we will be doing and if we could handle the tasks of the position.

Interview Questions

• They asked if i could deal with working in all types of weather   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pensacola, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at UPS (Pensacola, FL) in November 2017.

Interview

I applied online after seeing a post on Indeed. I filled out my application and at the very end, it had me set an appointment time for an interview. I set my appointment, which happened to be 2 days after I applied, at 11:30. I showed up early and the HR rep was still having to conduct interviews from the previous appointment group. Once the HR rep was finished with the previous group she told us about the position, what to expect, and gave a quick tour of the truck you'd most likely be working on.

Then the HR started giving one on one interviews. The wait was terrible, I don't know why anyone would schedule that many people at a time and then give 10-15 minute individual interviews. There were probably 15-20 of us in all in that particular group. I finally got my interview around 2 and there were still 4 or so others to be interviewed.

Despite having prior driver helper experience with another company and what I feel to be more professional than other applicants that arrived I was turned down because I couldn't work Fridays due to having a Fri-Sun job.

They don't want you for this particular time of year unless you have complete availability Monday-Friday.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at UPS (New York, NY) in November 2017.

Interview

The interview process was long due to their being such a large group. I didn't understand at the time why some people walked out after hearing the pay but after having my time wasted I should've walked right along with them.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bronx, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at UPS (Bronx, NY) in November 2017.

Interview

15 people waiting to be interviewed waited for almost an hour, after I was called in to speak to the lady from HR I was told I couldn't work a seasonal job due to me being a student , if I'm not mistaking that is discrimination ! Still thinking about reporting them to 311. Employers don't understand how hard it is to be a student and still have time to look for a job let alone work

Interview Questions

• tell me your past experience?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Las Vegas, NV

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at UPS (Las Vegas, NV) in November 2017.

Interview

My appointment time was 11:00am. I expected a group but not a large group. They were interviewing one at a time and completely out of order. I was never seen due to personal time constraints but I was there waiting for 2 hours. Many other applicants never even filled out a job application before hand nor did they have an appointment but were seen before me. Never been a part of a group interview, but that was extremely disorganized and understaffed for how many people showed up. But they got what they needed driver helpers. I’ll keep looking for work.

Interview Questions

• Who all got an email from me   1 Answer

Driver Interview

Interview

I had to cancel my interview, couldn’t make it that particular day however you have the flexibility to change it online.
    They are hiring immediately from what i understand.
    Good luck on your job search

Interview Questions

• I had to cancel the interview but you can go online and search UPS Driver interview questions.   Answer Question
    • While applying for the position you might want to have your most current MVR on hand   Answer Question

Part Time Package Handler Interview

Interview

Basically, a large group interview that involved an HR representative explaining the details of the job that concluded with a brief questionnaire and an even briefer one on one interview.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bryan, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at UPS (Bryan, TX) in October 2017.

Interview

There were two parts, a group part where they talk to all the potentials together and hand out a form to fill out, and the second part where they speak to you individually.

Two hours past my appointment time, the interviewer came out and addressed us as a group first, describing the jobs we were applying for, the pay, how the shifts work, etc. It took maybe ten minutes.

Then we were individually called in for the interview. I was called in last, which took an extra 30-45 minutes. The actual interview was about five minutes.

Even though the UPS website said to expect a tour, and for it to take up to 90 minutes, there was none.

Interview Questions

• Is all of your contact information (phone number, email, address, etc.) correct?   Answer Question
    • Which position are you applying for?   Answer Question
    • How did you hear about us?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about your work history?   Answer Question
    • Are you currently in school?   Answer Question
    • Do you have reliable transportation?   Answer Question
    • Which shift are you applying for? (I'm going to note that online I had applied for a 4am-9am shift, but the interviewer called it a 3am-9am shift. She explained that the shifts weren't set in stone and that it would be moved around to whatever they needed, and no one left until all the trucks were loaded. Closer to the holidays I could expect to be called in as early as 1am).   Answer Question
    • Can you regularly lift 30-45 lbs and up to 100 if necessary?   1 Answer
    • Do you have any questions?   Answer Question
    • We do a background check on all potential employees. Do you have anything you think we should know before doing so?   Answer Question