UPS Industrial Engineering Interview Questions | Glassdoor

UPS Industrial Engineering Interview Questions

Updated Mar 31, 2017

2.4

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at UPS (New York, NY) in January 2017.

Interview

I visited their office and met with one of the engineers. He asked me to tell him about myself and went down my resume. He described the job and asked me about my life goals. I was then offered the position about two weeks later.

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at UPS (Atlanta, GA) in April 2016.

Interview

friend sent in resume and was selected for a phone interview. Spoke about me personally and interviewer wanted to get a feel of who i was as an individual. Talked about what i expected from a UPS life style and what i knew about the company already. And then more social questions about how i would deal with others in specific situations or how i would solve a problem.

Interview Questions

• What was a time you had a teammate no cooperate with your team and what did you do to turn them around?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at UPS (New York, NY) in May 2015.

Interview

Relaxed. The Interviewer was relatively friendly. Interviewer concentrated on my day to day responsibilities at my current job. Questionnaire theme focused on Scheduling and Forecasting. Interviewer had equal weightage of Technical & Behavioral based questions.

Interview Questions

• Forecasting technique suggested for workforce management?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Kansas City, MO

Interview

UPS promotes from within. I expressed interest in management as a driver and was promoted from this position to full time management. The interview was conducted by the District IE Manager who rode on car with me for a full day to get to know me and ask a lot of questions. I also had to take an aptitude type test to measure my compatibility with UPS management.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to be in full time management?   3 Answers

Negotiation

There was no salary negotiation.

Industrial Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at UPS.

Interview

I was contacted within a couple weeks. I met them at a job fair, so it's likely they had a lot of applicants to process. I was brought in for an in person interview where I was asked pretty typical questions. There was also a basic skills test with very easy math and problem solving as well as an aptitude test. Overall, not too bad. As long as you've done a few interviews before and have some decent experience or extra curricular activities you should be fine. Have examples of you problem solving, meeting goals, mediating confrontation, and leading. The aptitude looks for consistency most of all, you can choose what you will, but it has to be dead consistent.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a goal you met and how you achieved it.
      Tell me about a time you had a disagreement with a coworker and how you overcame that challenge.
      Answer Question

Negotiation

None whatsoever, at the intern level, they have a set package. Time off and personal days are at the discretion of your manager and supervisor which could be good or bad.

Industrial Engineering Interview

Anonymous Employee in Milwaukee, WI

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at UPS (Milwaukee, WI) in May 2013.

Interview

The hiring and interview process was very straight forward. Mine happened over the phone. Both an engineering manager and a H.R. manager were in the interview with myself. They asked the regular questions, such as "tell me about yourself." They were very pleasant and made you feel relaxed and comfortable.

Industrial Engineering Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Memphis, TN

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at UPS (Memphis, TN) in March 2013.

Interview

HR called and asked one question. "What are your salary expectations?" I answered and she said I was above their range of $55 to $60,000.

Industrial Engineering Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Antonio, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at UPS (San Antonio, TX) in June 2011.

Interview

The first interview selection was made by manager's candidates resume review. The second interview was conducted by manager and HR. Interview questions were non-behavioral & non-structured, and very easy.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No salary negotiation.

Anonymous Employee in Louisville, KY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at UPS (Louisville, KY) in January 2011.

Interview

My interview consisted of 1 single interview which determined if I was to be offered the job. UPS has a policy of interviewing a minimum of 3 individuals and there were 4 individuals including myself selected for my open position. The interview was a panel interview lead by the department manager with department supervisors (potential bosses) present. 4 people total. Primary questions asked where 1. Describe my current experience at UPS thus far, 2. What were my future plans, and 3. What have I done to improve the operation or a system. The 3rd question was the critical one. After being selected from the group, the 2 key reasons I was told I received the offer was 1. because of my positive energy and 2. because of my response to what I have improved within my immediate operation(s) in the past.

Interview Questions

• There were not any unexpected technical questions from my perspective.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation. The position came with set hours and the same pay I was already being paid. Known facts before the interview process.

Industrial Engineering Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Miami, FL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at UPS (Miami, FL) in May 2008.

Interview

Skills test was not to difficult, it consisted of logic and data analysis. Interview was with two supervisors.

Too low of pay.