UPS Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2,196 Interview Reviews

1.9

Part Time Package Handler Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Bernardino, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at UPS (San Bernardino, CA) in November 2017.

Interview

The interview was done with one big group hearing about the position and being informed of the duties, location, and hours and after that we were interviewed individually by one of 3 HR reps

Interview Questions

• Do you have experience with package handling?
      Why did you leave your last job?   1 Answer

Inside Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Antonio, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at UPS (San Antonio, TX) in November 2016.

Interview

First I had a few phone screenings, then when I made it past those I had a panel interview that followed the STAR method with three people from upper management.

Anonymous Employee in Maspeth, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at UPS (Maspeth, NY) in October 2017.

Interview

It only took me less than a week to get hired. Wish all interview processes can go like this. I filled out an application online and it me gave a list of options when I wanted to come in I chose 9:00 am. Although, the supervisor was really late and security wasn't letting us in until they the go ahead, he apologized and made up for it with a friendly run down on what we were going to be doing, the hours and what the salary was. One by one we were interviewed by one of three people. I went second and the interview was quick into the point. She asked some pretty easy questions and the interview was pretty simple and realistic. She didn't ask me anything stupid or complicated and she was pretty funny. When it was over she asked, when can I start? I said as soon as possible. She told me to fill the second part of the application which contained a W-2 form and show up tommorow at 7 am for a paid orientation. I knew was hired from there on out. The next day I went to the Orientation and they gave us a quick tour of center and took us down stairs had us read and sign a booklet of what it takes to be a Driver's helper. We also got lectures frome three drivers, a Supervisior and then had to watch a slide show about safety procedures. Then I meant my manager after selecting which area I wanted to be in. The orientation was about five hours. Then within the next day I was working.

Interview Questions

• When was the last time you worked?   1 Answer

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at UPS.

Interview

for this position I applied online directly from the website. After a few days I received a call and was asked to come in for orientation and paperwork. After an orientation I reported to work which was training the first week. After that we were assigned positions and reported to work.

Anonymous Employee in Fort Wayne, IN

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at UPS (Fort Wayne, IN) in November 2017.

Interview

It was really quick and easy, ladies greeted and talks about the history of UPS. Information is given and talked about the position. They said i was an on call job so usually you won't get paid full hour but helps when the holidays come around since it will be packed.

Interview Questions

• What made you apply for UPS ?   1 Answer

Part Time Package Handler Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gardena, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at UPS (Gardena, CA) in December 2017.

Interview

Applied to the Gardena, CA facility online for Part Time package handler in early November. I got a text end of November claiming they had lots of jobs to give away and I should get down there asap. So I heads down there that Saturday on December 2nd. When I get down the facility, there's a whole host of people there waiting for their tour and interview with HR.

They start the tour, lead past the guard point and into some sort of hangar, where they give us fliers describing the company, it's pay, ect. They have us make a circle and one of the guys that works there stands in the middle and explains to us that they're very short staffed because people have been walking off the job en masse and if we have the drive, want the hours, the work is there for us but we just have to want it. I'm thinking to myself "Hey, if they don't want the work, I'll take it no problem." After that, this very short woman who was the HR person told us to line up in single file in front of her office.

Now here I am near the front of the line with the ability, drive and dedication, pleasantly waiting my turn. She comes back out the office after the third person, and hands us these sheets where we had to fill out our name, number, ect and what shifts we were interested in taking. So I'm finally called in to this little office and she ask me if I've ever been in trouble with the law , do I have any health problems, what hours am I available to work ect. I'm good on all that. So I answer, letting her know my complete availability and she tells me the sunrise shift is full and someone will call with confirmation on the twilight when a space is available. So I'm sitting there thinking "Didn't your guy back there just say you were severely understaffed and people were walking off the job? How did you go from understaffed to brimming in the quarter hour or so, I've been standing here?"

Nevertheless I thanked her for her time and went home to await my phone call. Over one month later, I've been waiting and calling down there only to be told no positions available, when they've advertised a need for help with the very job I applied for at the very facility I applied at 6 times since then. Heck, they're advertising for that position on Glassdoor right at this moment, but still no call to the qualified guy supposedly on their waiting list and probably many more. I'm so done.

My advice to interviewees is don't put your hopes on a call from here and my advice to UPS is to get a new competent HR down there because the one you got doesn't know how to run your business.

Anonymous Employee in Laurel, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at UPS (Laurel, MD) in December 2017.

Interview

they had about 20-35 people all in one room, every one basically got hired if you like what you hear from the general manager. Very straightforward, very good place to find a job right away during the holiday season

Anonymous Employee in Stafford, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at UPS (Stafford, TX) in November 2017.

Interview

They took each applicant to ask basic questions (eg: if we had a criminal history, availabilty for work, ect)and then asked each applicant when they were available for orientation (for me, it was the next morning). The orientation was paid and took about 4 hours. A driver basically walked us through what was required of us at the job and showed us how to use the DIAD.

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Baltimore, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at UPS (Baltimore, MD) in July 2017.

Interview

Lots of questions about arrays, lists and hash maps.
    Skype interview followed by in person.They asked questions about technologies I had used, problems I had solved, projects I had been on.

Sorter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toledo, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at UPS (Toledo, OH) in November 2016.

Interview

Basic walk through of faculty, simple “why do you want to work here”, can we run a background check, and “why should we hire you”. Took less than five minutes. Very quick.