UPS Interview Questions | Glassdoor

UPS Interview Questions

Updated Jan 17, 2018
2,192 Interview Reviews

1.9

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at UPS.

Interview

A guide of the warehouse and asks you about your resume and what shift you would like to work. Got an interview the next day I applied. Overall the company is extremely unprofessional.

Interview Questions

• What shift would you like to work   1 Answer

Part Time Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Jacksonville, FL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at UPS (Jacksonville, FL).

Interview

Came in with a group of other hires. We got pulled into an office, one-by-one, to be asked the most basic of questions. Interviewers were not prepared for my questions and seemed surprised someone would have questions for them (generally a bad sign). It is a low supervisory position so i guess it shouldn't come as a surprise.

We also had to take a basic online test for simple data analysis, personality and scenario reactions.

Unloader Interview

Anonymous Employee in Doraville, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at UPS (Doraville, GA).

Interview

Interview was barely a interview. They email you to come for a group interview. They explain the job and ask you a little bit about you, at the end of the presentation everyone gets hired as long as you are on time and participate in the interview. You will go to orientation about 3 weeks later.

Interview Questions

• Name, Hobby, Where are you from ,age   1 Answer

Seasonal Driver Helper Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pelzer, SC

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at UPS (Pelzer, SC).

Interview

I did the application online and at the end, I was given a time to come in for an interview/orientation, which was the next morning at 9:00 am. Upon arriving to the interview there were approx 15 others there for the same job. The supervisor talked to us as a group, telling us about the job and what it entails. Then he interviewed us each individually. Very short interview. I was hired and was told to be back at 12:00 noon with my social security card and dls, for a 2 hour orientation. I began work after the orientation was over!

Interview Questions

• Have you ever been convicted of a felony?   1 Answer
    • The basics questions all interviewers ask.
      Do you know anyone that works for UPS?
      Are you in school?
      Dan you lift 70 pounds?   Answer Question

Personnel Vehicle Driver Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mesquite, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at UPS (Mesquite, TX).

Interview

Had me come in at 3pm for interview took me for road test passed. took my insurance my SS card and Driver Lic. I had about 20 questions to fill out to include direct deposit info. So I am thinking ok I got the job. Had ti go get physical the next day all was good but need note from my dr for DOT physical. Went back told them and HR said get that done and we will get you on the road. So come back Monday passed physical and figured ok hee we go. HR said the manager has to talk to you so wait about 30 mins and call me back and said we have not got your background check back to and we are not having anymore classes so don't call them they will call me. I drove 150 miles going over there 3 times and took the job back,

Interview Questions

• nothing you need to shave your beard I said no problem.   1 Answer

Package Handler Interview

Anonymous Employee in Oak Creek, WI

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at UPS (Oak Creek, WI).

Interview

Walked in for tour but didnt tour she said it's a very hard job so if its not for you then you should leave now. Then we went to a room and sat down and watched a football game as she called each person one by one for interview.

Financial Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at UPS.

Interview

It was very straightforward, not unlike many ofther interviews I have had in my life. Mostly questions about my education, relevant work experience, why I am interested in the role, how I hope to contribute to UPS, what I think of UPS, etc etc

UPS Package Handler Interview

Anonymous Employee in Laurel, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at UPS (Laurel, MD) in November 2017.

Interview

The hiring manager was amicable. The interview didn't take very long. It was only about 5 - 10 minutes. You will be in a group, and the interviewer will call you one by one. By the way, the interviewer will call you up by who arrived first so try your best to come before anyone else, so you can be the first one to do the interview. For the appointment was a group information session where the hiring manager tell you how it's like to work as a package handler, what you have to do, the benefits of the job, and the salary. Additionally, during the tour, the hiring manager will go into great detail about what jobs there are.

Seasonal Driver Helper Interview

Anonymous Employee in Palatine, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at UPS (Palatine, IL) in December 2017.

Interview

Got to the facility for the interview. Was asked what job I was there for and then sent to a waiting room. Waited maybe ten minutes an then I was taken into a private office for the interviewer.

Interview Questions

• Are you available to be on call 5 days a week for this job?   1 Answer

Internship Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mahwah, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at UPS (Mahwah, NJ) in December 2017.

Interview

Received a call from the recruiter saying he would send my resume to the hiring manager. The call came a few days late, but they eventually got back to me and set an interview date. Interview was mostly technical questions about programming experience/class experience.

Interview Questions

• What does it mean if a string is "immutable" in Java?   1 Answer
    • What are some of the problems with recursion?   1 Answer
    • Explain the stack and heap in Java   1 Answer