UPS Part Time Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jul 18, 2017

1.7

552 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in Ogden, UT

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at UPS (Ogden, UT) in October 2016.

Interview

Came in was 1 of 10 people, recruiter explained tasks and benefits. After explaining the duties of the job we were given a tour and we watched as employees went about their job. We than we're given the choice to call recruiter at later time if unsure of the job, those who were sure including my self were given an interview shortly after.

Interview Questions

• Q: when would you be able to start?
      Q: what physical activities do you do?
      Q: would you be needing any time of before end of the year?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Rochester, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at UPS (Rochester, NY) in October 2016.

Interview

-Hiring process before Peak season-

Quick, easy interview. Planned with group orientation to tour the facility. Speaker open conversation with the group to make sure they understand the job(s). Then quickly entered the one-on-one interview with Human Resource.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Spokane, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at UPS (Spokane, WA) in October 2016.

Interview

Applied online and was instructed to choose an interview time. It began with the interviewer explaining the work schedule, the possibilities for advancement, the benefits available after 1 year, and the union requirements. Because I could not work in the allotted times, I left the interview process early. It seems like a great opportunity if you're only looking for part time work.

Anonymous Employee in Honolulu, HI

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at UPS (Honolulu, HI) in October 2016.

Interview

I applied online and was asked to come in a week later with 2 forms of ID (driver's license and either birth cert, ss card, or unexpired passport). It was a group "interview" with 5 other applicants and the HR rep reviewed the job types, the shift choices and the benefits (eligible after 1 year). Afterwards, we were called in for a one-on-one where I presented my IDs to her and we discussed start date and how to complete my information on upsjobs.com.

Anonymous Employee in Ontario, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at UPS (Ontario, CA) in October 2016.

Interview

Short, basic questions like "why do you want to work here." "what makes a great employee." People where very courteous, and interviewed many people including myself in a shorter time frame than what was mentioned in the email i received asking for an interview.

Interview Questions

• "What makes a good employee?"   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at UPS (Minneapolis, MN) in October 2016.

Interview

After finishing the online application, I met with someone from HR and took a tour around "The Hub" which is the facility. We went over the pay, benefits and shifts. There is absolutely no pressure and if you want to leave will in the tour this is okay.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at UPS.

Interview

Interview was pretty simple. I sat in a room with the HR representative and answered a few questions. Most of the questions were concerning physical ability and health. It didn't take very long and the person was very nice.

Interview Questions

• Are able to lift 20 to 30 lbs. with out any issues?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Fort Myers, FL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at UPS (Fort Myers, FL) in September 2016.

Interview

Immediately after completing the application, the website had me set up a day with an HR rep to do a walk through. Not knowing what to expect i wore decent clothes. Long sleeve button-up shirt, black slacks, black dress shoes, no tie, top button un-buttoned. Definitely get there early, they make note of who shows up early. Initially we sat down in the conference room and went over, pay, benefits, expectations, and what nots. During the walk through the HR rep shows you the warehouse and the different positions and you watch the people work so you understand what you are getting yourself into. Told us that the morning shift was brutal compared to the night shift and told us the unloaders can sometimes throw up and fall out from working too hard.

After all that she asks who can stay to fill out more paper work (DO THIS!). Told me that after they send out my info for a background check then they would move foreword. Later that day i checked my application online and there was a second portion to fill out. This included I-9, W4, and direct deposit form. Well I got a call from her the next day and asked me to come in the following day for the interview and make sure i fill out everything including my direct deposit form.

Went on the interview and the manager told me that if we get hired after October 13th, then we are seasonal but if we get hired before this then we are a permanent position. Well after the interview he told me to go and talk to the HR rep again. She said, "Eric sent you in here? Alright you start on Tuesday." (in 4 days, September 27th) Permanent! The manager like my mechanical background and construction background. He wants people who can lift easily (boxes are heavy) and people who can work hard too (construction). No idiots either, gotta be able to think and just show that in your interview and you will get the job!

Interview Questions

• What separates you from the other candidates out there? (Brought us in for the interview 2 at a time, 2 at 10:30, 10:45, 11:00.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in East Chicago, IN

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at UPS (East Chicago, IN) in September 2016.

Interview

Applied on website. They immediately scheduled me for an interview. It was about an hour long process. They explain the pay and benefits and let you choose your work shift. Then you fill out paperwork and they tell you it will be about a week before you here anything but the next interview would be a tour of the facility

Interview Questions

• Am I sure I can physically handle the job considering I am a female   1 Answer

Part-time Package Handler Interview

Anonymous Employee in Horsham, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at UPS (Horsham, PA) in September 2016.

Interview

Filled out my profile online and applied for a part time package handler position. After clicking the submit button I was automatically prompted to select a time to tour the facility.
    Met with HR, a few managers and the toured the hub.
    I received a call later in the evening from HR that my background check was good and asked me to come in for training the next day.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for UPS?   1 Answer