UPS Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jul 21, 2017
1,940 Interview Reviews

1.9

Anonymous Employee in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at UPS (Salt Lake City, UT).

Interview

They did a tour First then interview you the ask questions the say you were hired that all they said there is nothing else to say everything was easy then any place I worked in the past

Interview Questions

• If you will commit to one year   1 Answer

Package Handler Interview

Interview

You are brought in to the employment office for a brief interview. Basic questions about your goals, your work history, and a description of the job you applied for. Once you have completed the interview, you will receive a call within a few days and brought back in to the employment office for the second stage of the hiring process where they take you on a tour and go more in depth on what to expect while working at UPS.

Anonymous Employee in Las Vegas, NV

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at UPS (Las Vegas, NV) in April 2017.

Interview

Quick interview. They tell you it's a hard job and most people quit their first week. Toured the building with other people, it's like a high school environment people will yell at you during the tour telling you that you should quit

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work here   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Rockford, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at UPS (Rockford, IL).

Interview

I applied online during peak season and got a phone call to go in for a tour/interview the next following week. They took multiple applicants in at once to describe the requirements of the job and we each had our interview right after the presentation.

Interview Questions

• Do you have a reliable form of transportation?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redmond, WA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at UPS (Redmond, WA) in April 2017.

Interview

I filled out an online application after reviewing the different job positions available in my area. Immediately after completing the application, I was prompted to schedule an interview, which I was able to do for the next morning. During the physical walk through and interview process, the manager was friendly, courteous, and straight-forward, giving clear direction as to the job requirements and what a typical day looked like. He also presented the pay, benefits, and additional opportunities within UPS.

Interview Questions

• Are you capable of performing these physical tasks and keeping up with a fast-paced environment?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gardena, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at UPS (Gardena, CA) in April 2017.

Interview

Applied online and given a date and time for a tour. When I got there had to sign in at the security booth then wait for the manager to come get us. It was me plus 7 other people. The manager came to get us and we went through the security thing where they wanded us and we had to take phones and keys out as well as let them check your bag. We all sat in a small cafeteria and she gave us a form to fill out and described the job a bit to us. Then we lined up and she called us each outside one by one for an interview. That was it. (Not gone lie..I was a little disappointed that they didn't take us on the tour)

PT Package Handler Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hodgkins, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at UPS (Hodgkins, IL) in April 2017.

Interview

Showed up, got handed a paper with info to read (same as online).
    Got called into to speak with a woman, scheduled a tour, filled out some info on the computer and left- whole process was maybe 20 mins

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for ups?   1 Answer

Inside Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at UPS (Phoenix, AZ) in April 2017.

Interview

Both a hiring manager and a representative contacted me through emails and a phone interview. The phone interview was relatively easy, a hiring representative talked with me, discussed about the role, and asked about my general background and any sales experience. After the first call, they asked me to complete a online assessment, which took about 53 minutes. It was pretty nuanced, mixed with some personality test and logic test. The next step would be an in-person interview.

Interview Questions

• Questions about my resume, my past employment, and any sales experience.   Answer Question

Delivery Driver Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Worth, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at UPS (Fort Worth, TX) in April 2017.

Interview

After applying online, I received an invitation to interview. There were 8 candidates at the interview. We recieved a brief job description and then we're asked if anyone was referred by a family member. Those who were we asked to stay, everyone else was asked to leave.

Interview Questions

• Do you have family working at UPS?   1 Answer

Application

The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at UPS.

Interview

I applied online, it then sets you up with a time and place for a group interview. They walk you around the facility & explain what you'll be doing. Likely you'll then be asked to stay for a 1on1 interview if you're still interested in the job. From there, depending on the hub, you'll be told to come back for a 2nd interview or they'll call you if you get the job. Interview was casual. Typical cliche questions. I would suggest dress your best because it's you and 6-10 other people in there with you. They only hired 2 at my hub and I was one of the 2 out of 7.

Interview Questions

• Do you have reliable transportation   1 Answer
    • Have you ever worked in a warehouse environment?   1 Answer
    • What's one instance that you've had to work in a fast pace environment with others?   Answer Question
    • Why do you think we should hire you?   1 Answer