UPS Part Time Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Aug 24, 2017

1.7

556 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in East Chicago, IN

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at UPS (East Chicago, IN) in September 2016.

Interview

Applied on website. They immediately scheduled me for an interview. It was about an hour long process. They explain the pay and benefits and let you choose your work shift. Then you fill out paperwork and they tell you it will be about a week before you here anything but the next interview would be a tour of the facility

Interview Questions

• Am I sure I can physically handle the job considering I am a female   1 Answer

Part-time Package Handler Interview

Anonymous Employee in Horsham, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at UPS (Horsham, PA) in September 2016.

Interview

Filled out my profile online and applied for a part time package handler position. After clicking the submit button I was automatically prompted to select a time to tour the facility.
    Met with HR, a few managers and the toured the hub.
    I received a call later in the evening from HR that my background check was good and asked me to come in for training the next day.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for UPS?   1 Answer

Part Time Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at UPS (Dallas, TX) in September 2016.

Interview

I was referred by an HR professional and received an interview within a week. I showed up to the interview and met with a supervisor. Interview was fairly easy. We talked about the history of the company and why I wanted to work for UPS. The hiring manager talked a lot about how there is opportunity to grow and how the company likes to promote from within. I was offered the job immediately after the interview. I decided to accept but a week later I was offered a position with another company and accepted that one.

Interview Questions

• Do you have any supervisor experience? Are you able to multitask? Do you have experience handling difficult customers?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cerritos, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at UPS (Cerritos, CA) in September 2016.

Interview

Completed online application. Afterwards about a week or two later received an automated e-mail from HR thanking me for my interest. The e-mail provided additional description about the job and if I was still interested to schedule an appointment online to attend an information session.

At the information session there was about 20-25 people there. HR went into details about the job, shifts available, average hours worked per week (17.5 - 20), benefits which would not begin until one year of service and a starting wage of $10.15/hr. Minimum wage in CA is currently at $10/hr.

They mentioned this was a union position and that we were REQUIRED to join. The initiation fee was $200. Rather than collect it all at once, $25 would be deducted from your first 8 checks and then a monthly dues would be collected to the equivalent of 2 times your hourly rate. Oh, and they also mentioned that if you were interested in becoming a driver that the typical wait was 7-10 years at that location.

After the orientation they had everyone line up for individual interviews that lasted about 5 min each. They asked very basic questions. Afterwards they said they would call back if they were interested.

I did not receive a call back which did not bother me. I thought the starting wage was ridiculously low considering this was a union position. Similar warehouse/distribution type jobs in the surrounding area start at around $12-13/hr.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for UPS?
      Why did you quit your last job?
      Do you feel that you can perform the physical requirements needed such as standing, lifting, bending, twisting, ect?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Groveport, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at UPS (Groveport, OH) in September 2016.

Interview

Interview process included a tour and visual of workers loading trucks. Emphasis was placed on safe lifting techniques, description of work environment, critical success factors and performance expectations, hourly rate based on shift and attendance bonus. The HR Recruiter communicated enthusiastically and shared his UPS journey (which stared as a Part-Time Package Handler).

Interview Questions

• Why do you wan to work at UPS?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Processed outsourced to a staffing agency.

Anonymous Employee in Edison, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at UPS (Edison, NJ) in September 2016.

Interview

You apply through the UPS website and they give you a time to show up for an "interview." Hopefully they give you proper directions to where you need to enter or you will be late trying to find where to go. After you get to the HR area you will see about 10-15 other people sitting and waiting, you all get to watch a video together about how great it is to work for UPS (they made it so its going to be GREAT).

Then one at a time the HR person will bring you in and sit you down, ask you if you want to work for them and have you enter info to start your background. After this they will tell you to come back the following Friday, if your background clears you will do a few pieces of paper on that Friday and they will start you on Monday....

Thats the entire process....

Interview Questions

• Do you want to work for UPS?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Honolulu, HI

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at UPS (Honolulu, HI) in September 2016.

Interview

Interview Process is straight forward. The choice at the time is between package handler or ramp. once chosen it is either AM or PM shift. Once that is done then finish the following documents and clearance to be able to work

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at UPS (Dallas, TX) in September 2016.

Interview

Filled out app online. Called in for group interview/your. Offered job at end of tour. They will pretty much hire anybody off the street who is physically capable, especially right before peak season (November). You have 30 days for them to decide if they will keep you on, depending on attendance/quality.

Interview Questions

• Are you able to work hours during shift you applied for?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Louisville, KY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at UPS (Louisville, KY) in September 2016.

Interview

Apply, Interview a couple days later, get hired for showing up. Even if you're a felon as long as you don't hide it they will still hire you, especially if it is close to Christmas. Went in as a group, they show you the different roles that are open and you pick which shift you would want to work.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

You can pick your shift and what you'll be doing.

Full Time Local Delivery Driver Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at UPS (Houston, TX) in August 2016.

Interview

Bait and switch, applied for full time local delivery driver got to interview and job is for part time warehouse loader 3-5 hours a day, with occasional driving only when another driver is out sick or on vacation. Warehouse workers get 10-11$/hr and drivers get 29$/hr but to become full time you have to have seniority over other employees or they will get promotion before you if they apply for the same position. I will never wastep my time with ups again.

Interview Questions

• Can you drive a manual transmission?   1 Answer

Can't support a family of 5 on 3-5 hours of work a day in the hopes that an opening will come up for full time and someone with more seniority doesn't apply.