UPS Interview Questions in Mahwah, NJ | Glassdoor

2.7

14 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Technology Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mahwah, NJ

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at UPS (Mahwah, NJ) in March 2016.

Interview

Very simple. Walked through my resume and talked about what I would do if I worked there. Talked about previous projects I had completed. No tech questions. Spoke with members of the team as well as my eventual manager. Talked about the different programming languages I knew and how efficient I was with them. Received offer next day.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I just accepted initial offer.

User Experience Lead Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mahwah, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at UPS (Mahwah, NJ) in December 2015.

Interview

1. HR Recruiter brief interview in the morning requesting salary requirements. 2. Hiring manager interview in the afternoon with simple questions for further details about resume. 3. On site one hour interview to review portfolio with hiring manager.
    Casual, unstructured process to fill a recent opening in a new United Postal Service User Experience Center of Excellence with an emphasis on a scientific approach.

Interview Questions

• When do you use wire frames? What program do you use?   1 Answer

Finance/Accounting Co-op Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mahwah, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at UPS (Mahwah, NJ) in December 2015.

Interview

I applied on my schools job board. They contacted me by email to set up a phone interview with the HR rep. Once they sent that info to the hiring manager they called me in for an interview in person. That was the last interview.

Interview Questions

• What do you like about the company?   1 Answer
    • What are some functions you know how to use in Excel?   1 Answer

UPS Recruiter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mahwah, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at UPS (Mahwah, NJ) in August 2015.

Interview

Very to-the-point but friendly. The questions I was asked were in UPS language as I am a current UPS employee. They asked about the why I wanted to move to NJ and why I would be a good long-term fit for the job.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about why you want the job and what you are the best fit?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mahwah, NJ

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at UPS (Mahwah, NJ) in May 2015.

Interview

I applied through job fair at school and they called me to schadule a phone interview. It had so many technical questions as well as background questions. The interview was around half an hour conducted by the hiring manager .

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mahwah, NJ

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at UPS (Mahwah, NJ) in April 2015.

Interview

I was away when they wanted to interview me, so I had a phone interview & then went in the week after for an in-person interview. It was a very simple interview- I was not put on the spot to answer detailed questions- I was just asked a little about myself (school, previous work experience, etc.).

Interview Questions

• They didn't really ask any specific questions- just really talked about previous work experience.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation.

IT Security Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mahwah, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at UPS (Mahwah, NJ) in March 2015.

Interview

I had two phone interviews.The first one was with an HR person and a hiring manager. The reviews people have about UPS interviews in their easiness are true. The interview only took 10 minutes and was very friendly. The hiring manager basically asked me a few questions about my networking skills on my resume. They said I'd hear back next week. It took 3 weeks to get a response after sending a follow-up email. No problem.

My second interview was okay too, except for the fact that I was asked how qualified I was for a security internship since I had a strong networking background with only some exposure to security. I was a little disappointed because after all, it's an internship. They said I'd hear back in a few days. A month passed and even after a follow-up email, I haven't got a response. I know I didn't get the position, but communication should've been better and had heard back when promised.

Technology Co-op Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mahwah, NJ

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at UPS (Mahwah, NJ) in December 2014.

Interview

It was 2 round interview. I applied through college website. First round was in college. Interview was suppose to be 30 minutes but recruiter only asked basic questions related to resume for 15 minutes. Second round was onsite. One hour with two interviewer. Nothing was too difficult. Again scenario base and behavioral questions. They needed a person who can work on SharePoint. UPS Recruiters are not at all professional. Very lame in giving response. Company seriously needs to work on their recruiting team.

Interview Questions

• Describe any technical projects done outside of college?   Answer Question

IT Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mahwah, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at UPS (Mahwah, NJ) in September 2014.

Interview

I was originally contacted by an HR recruiter via email and was subsequently scheduled to have an interview at UPS's IT headquarters in NJ. I interviewed with a young HR woman for 15 minutes and then I interviewed with 2 young men within the department. They were clearly the ones making the decision for who was hired for the position, even though they were not the top of the department. Overall, it was a slightly-harder-than-average interview.

I made it through to the next (and final) round. I assumed, at this point, that the first 2 interviewers had already made their decision as to who would be hired, as I was completely thrown under the bus for the second interview. They brought me in for a second "test" interview, just to see if the higher-ups in the department agreed with the first interviewer's decision, it seems. Neither of my interviewers even knew they were interviewing me that day, and there was a general disinterest in meeting with me that was shockingly unprofessional. My first interviewer didn't even know exactly what the IT Financial Analyst position entailed and she told me upfront. The second interviewer was consistently checking his phone about 15 minutes into the interviewer as he was being contacted for a meeting. He left after assuring me he was "proud of my accomplishments"... I was disenchanted with the whole process and their interviewing skills.

Interview Questions

• Rate yourself on a scale of one to ten for your Excel and Access skills.
      What is your full understanding of all the of factors (i.e. Net Present value, internal rate of return, discount rate, etc.) that UPS's IT financial analysis department might consider in analyzing an IT project or outsourcing a project?   Answer Question

Sharepoint Summer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mahwah, NJ

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at UPS (Mahwah, NJ) in April 2014.

Interview

when your application got selected they will call to set up an interview with basic questions.The phone interview will be done panel members and it may be 1-2 hrs.