UPS Interview Questions in Minneapolis, MN | Glassdoor

2.0

14 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Seasonal Driver Helper Interview

Anonymous Employee in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at UPS (Minneapolis, MN) in October 2016.

Interview

Submitted an online application. Received a call to come in for an interview. Walked into a room with about 30 other applicants and waited for my name to be called. Very simple interview ending in a job offer. Interview process took around 3 hours. The main drawback was the amount of time spent simply waiting. It's not normal to wait for upwards of 2 hours past the interview start time.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at UPS (Minneapolis, MN) in October 2016.

Interview

After finishing the online application, I met with someone from HR and took a tour around "The Hub" which is the facility. We went over the pay, benefits and shifts. There is absolutely no pressure and if you want to leave will in the tour this is okay.

UPS Full Time Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at UPS (Minneapolis, MN).

Interview

Intense. Writing piece to see if you can put together complete sentences and some math problems that were very basic. The actual interview had 3 Division Managers on the panel and was done face to face. It was over an hour. They also did a role play session during the interview.

Interview Questions

• What is the most difficult task you have had to complete outside of UPS?   1 Answer

Seasonal Driver Helper Interview

Anonymous Employee in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at UPS (Minneapolis, MN) in September 2015.

Interview

Very short one to one interview (~ 5 min.) with an HR rep. who asked only a few general questions. Received an immediate willingness to hire pending background check and drug screening with no mention of hourly wage (though I didn't ask pending a formal job offer). Orientation is the next step with work starting sometime after that.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about your understanding of the Seasonal Driver Helper position.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at UPS (Minneapolis, MN) in May 2015.

Interview

Went there and said they might be open to hiring seasonal employees, so I just did a quick 5 minute tour. Got a call back saying that they would hire seasonal workers and went in for another interview. Hired me on the spot.

Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at UPS (Minneapolis, MN) in February 2015.

Interview

Detailed, test included on reasoning. Very structured environment. 3 interviews. Two in the phone and one face to face with a panel role playing. They hire within a lot and i was coming from the outside with a ton of experience. They will likely hire someone less qualified if they already work there.

Interview Questions

• How have you handled objection in the past   1 Answer

Unloader Interview

Anonymous Employee in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at UPS (Minneapolis, MN) in January 2015.

Interview

Standard questions, why do you want to work here, how you handle challenges, what do you do outside of work, what was one tough decision you had to make, etc. The interviewer also told me multiple times that this is tough physical labor with low pay, I should have heeded his warning.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work here?   1 Answer
    • Can you handle repeatedly lifting packages, sometimes 70 lbs or more?   1 Answer

UPS Preload Interview

Anonymous Employee in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at UPS (Minneapolis, MN).

Interview

Had a sit down interview one on one. Asked about my work history nothing out of the ordinary. I was already working another full time job, which they wanted to make sure I had time and their schedule would work with mine.

Interview Questions

• They were concerned about your availability and ensuring that you will be there. After working there I realized why as they have a high turnover rate.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Your in a union so there is no negotiating.

Anonymous Employee in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at UPS (Minneapolis, MN) in February 2013.

Interview

Recruited from school and schedules a group tour. After the tour we could stay to interview or continue on. I interviewed that day and was scheduled for a second interview and I started the next Monday.

Interview Questions

• Can you meet the requirements with or without reasonable accommodation?   1 Answer

Part Time Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at UPS (Minneapolis, MN) in May 2011.

Interview

Met a recruiter at a hiring fair and applied online and met with the HR partner for that shift. They explained the tuition reimbursment and it worked with my schedule,

Interview Questions

• What pay are you looking for   1 Answer