UPS Interview Questions in New York City, NY | Glassdoor

Updated Apr 8, 2017

2.1

Delivery Driver Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at UPS (New York, NY) in March 2017.

Interview

I applied online in the ups website,
    They scheduled a tour at the ups,
    Then an interview in 7 days,
    Fill up the forms on the website (w-4 and direct deposit info)
    I'm still waiting for an answer.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for ups?   1 Answer

Delivery Driver Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at UPS (New York, NY) in March 2017.

Interview

applied online and had to put in for an interview on the website. came in on my scheduled day and was told about the company and a quick overview. took the road test and passed, but its on a stick shift and its difficult to pass if your not 100% comfortable with stick. basically gotta get used to the truck on the spot.

Global Freight Forwarding Account Executive Interview

Application

Interview

I had 3 total interviews. I was initially contacted by a rep who received my application. We spoke on the phone about the position and what interested me in it. Very casual interview. Normal introductory question and explain your resume. By the end of the call he told me to consider that my first interview and he will send me a link for a sales reasoning test. The test is actually very difficult. The questions themselves are the trap. Its not the normal "What shape is next in the series" questions. The give you a scenario with people and numbers in it then ask you to pick the most appropriate answer from below. A bulk of the test is personality questions but its done is a very tailored way. I was notified about 20 minutes after I finished the test that my results came back recommended and that I would be contacted about the next interview. 2 days later I was contacted to set up an interview and met with the Area Sales manager a few days later. That interview was more in depth discussion of my resume, what do I know about the company and the position, how will I be successful in the role. Tell me a time you... type of questions. They were actually printed out and he gave me paper to take notes on. At the end I received the expectations of the role within the first 6 months and we reviewed that. The next day I was contacted to come in for my second interview which was 2 parts. Role playing situation where you are introducing yourself to an existing top tier client and you have to qualify them and see what additional services you can provide them. The second part was your personal plan for success in the first 6 months. It takes some effort and research but If you want the job you will do it. if you are qualified for the job you should already have these types of things done or can do them very easily. After that interview, I was contacted 2 business days later with them wanting to extend me an offer.

Interview Questions

• Tell me a time you were met with resistance from a client and had to change their mind.   Answer Question
    • What do you know about freight forwarding?   Answer Question
    • how do you prospect and qualify potential customers?   Answer Question

PPM NJ Interview

Anonymous Employee in Paramus, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at UPS (Paramus, NJ) in March 2017.

Interview

The process took about a Month and a half.
    First, I had a prescreening phone interview.
    Second, about two weeks after my prescreen, I had a phone interview with two managers.
    Third, about another two weeks later I was scheduled for an in person interview with two managers I spoke from on the phone and another person who was their boss. It was three very friendly people.

The phone interview I thought went okay. The people were very nice and did not beat around the bush. No" tell me about yourself questions"

These people only want to interview you if they know you are a good candidate. So if you got an interview for a similar position, you are in good shape. It means your resume really fits their needs.

They went straight to my skills and went over my resume in detail to see what I did in my past internships and if my skillset matched the description for the job. I did not lie or make any fluff or felt that I needed to. If I did not know something, I was honest. Great people.

I got the offer and accepted.

Interview Questions

• How would you motivate yourself while conducting monotonous testing?   Answer Question
    • So what makes you want to major in Industrial Engineering? What do you see yourself doing after college?   Answer Question
    • How familiar are you with SQL databases, excel, access?   Answer Question

Intern - Hourly Interview

Anonymous Employee in Newark, NJ

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at UPS (Newark, NJ).

Interview

There was a first interview with the an HR representative which was an in person interview. Once passed the initial screening, you are contacted by a hiring manager of a department HR seems fit for you. That can be a phone interview or an on site interview.

PT Package Handler Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at UPS (New York, NY).

Interview

basically if you show up and can pass a background test, you will get the job. They did not ask any questions about my ability to do the job. Since holiday season was approaching, they really just needed as many employees as possible

Interview Questions

• asked if i had reliable transportation to work and could come in every day at 4am   Answer Question

Unloader Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Interview

It was quick and strait to the point. They asked for all information needed & after about two weeks, I was called back for an interview. I have been enjoying working there since

Part Time Package Center Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at UPS (New York, NY) in January 2017.

Interview

Applied on UPS careers website. Got called in for a test. They ask you a few questions on the phone before they proceed to call you in to take a test. The test will show how well of a leader/manager you can be, your productivity level, comprehension of the basics of calculations/graphs and people skills. The test wasnt as hard as I thought it would be. Got an interview after passing.

Interview Questions

• What are the characteristics of a successful manager/leader in your opinion?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Ask questions about what the job responsibilities are, benefits, schedule, time off and pay. These are important to know. Also ask what do they expect of you in this position.

Industrial Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at UPS (New York, NY) in January 2017.

Interview

I visited their office and met with one of the engineers. He asked me to tell him about myself and went down my resume. He described the job and asked me about my life goals. I was then offered the position about two weeks later.

Seasonal Driver Helper Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Interview

They asked how my scheduled looked to work and if I could handle the fast pace environment. Also if I would be available if called out during the day. Also if I had a means of transportation to get to work.

Interview Questions

• Could I handle the busy workload   1 Answer