UPS Package Delivery Driver Interview Questions | Glassdoor

UPS Package Delivery Driver Interview Questions

Interviews at UPS

2.4

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chantilly, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at UPS (Chantilly, VA) in August 2014.

Interview

Interviews are scheduled online right after you complete the application process. Interview process is very straightforward, detailed information about the job and job requirements. After the initial presentation the HR people bring you in 1 on 1 for the interview, they'll take your driving transcript and make a copy of your SS and Drivers License. After that the process is background checks which generally take 2 weeks, after the checks and driving records are in if they want to offer a job they'll contact you to setup a DOT physical and a driving test.

Never heard back, online job status does NOT update.

Other Interview Reviews for UPS

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Angelo, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at UPS (San Angelo, TX) in October 2014.

Interview

A quick interview process. HR called and asked to schedule an interview for the next day. Interviewed with several other candidates. Our group walked around the facility and learned about where the packages were sorted and where the trucks were loaded. We also learned about the logistics of how the packages were loaded onto the trucks in preparation for delivery.

Interview Questions

The position was only seasonal.

Package Delivery Driver Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at UPS in July 2014.

Interview

Applied online for a seasonal delivery driver position at UPS. Once the application was filled, an interview date was set online.
    Basic interview, with common questions for the position : ability to drive a manual transmission vehicle, good driving record.
    Once offered the position, you have to pass the DOT test, an internal training (modules, etc), a driving training and finally a 30-day trial doing the job.

I was looking for a permanent full time position.

Anonymous Employee in Alexandria, VA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at UPS (Alexandria, VA).

Interview

An overview of the job- then a week of classes and training- includes a lot of safety and driving skills- then co workers takes you out on the route you will be doing for a week- then your on your own

Interview Questions

• Learning all the safety procedures then memorizing them and you have to say them on command at anytime.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation process- set salaries- union workers

Package Delivery Driver Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at UPS.

Interview

The interview process was a complete joke and waste of time. The job add was for a delivery driver but they were not hiring for that position. It was a complete lie and waste of anyones time.

Package Delivery Driver Interview

Interview

Interview and hiring process takes time. UPS offers a 30 work day probation period before completing the hiring process for warehouse positions.
    For Package Drivers jobs, there is a 40 hour or 6 day training before getting behind a vehicle. After in-class training, a 29 working day on road with supervisor begins. In-class training and on-road is a probationary period.
    If either are passed, you will become a employee with the UPS company.

Interview Questions

• UPS does not offer an easy answer to anything. You need to have a tough exterior to work at UPS.   Answer Question

Package Delivery Driver Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at UPS.

Interview

I applied online and an interview was set up for the following week.
    I checked in and a manager came out to meet me. we were talked to in a group setting and then one on one. Talked alot bout the job and bennies, got some real insights on the company.

Interview Questions

• None really, just talked about the position. Interviewer was open and answered all questions I had. I felt like I left with a good idea about what it would be like to work for UPS.   Answer Question

It was a temp position with no benefits and no guarantee of a full time job.

Anonymous Employee in Latham, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at UPS (Latham, NY) in October 2015.

Interview

applied online - then set up an interview time online - went in and was at first with a group of three others. the hr rep went through what was expected, then interviewed one on one. At the end of the interview the hr rep said that there would be a background check along with a DMV check. if i passed those i would be called for a driving test.

Interview Questions

• where i saw myself in 5 years   1 Answer

Negotiation

there was no negotiation phase.

Package Delivery Driver Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at UPS in June 2015.

Interview

very quick and concise. they told me no lies. i was expecting a group interview. to my surprise they were very serious about hiring. i had read reviews that said it was a gimmick and they would give you the run around but no, they got right to business. the hardest part was the road test if you've never driven a box truck its a little nerve rattling. other that that its cool

Anonymous Employee in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at UPS (Pittsburgh, PA) in July 2015.

Interview

As described by many others the process started with the HR representative doing a quick show and tell regarding what the job entails, the starting rate of pay and the offseason demotion to package handler. Basically we were told from July through December you would be a driver covering vacations and working during the busy holiday season. You would work 8-10 hours a day M-F at a starting rate of $18.75. During the offseason you would revert to being a package handler making $10.10 an hour working part time 5PM-9PM. There would be opportunities to drive during this time as well such as off season vacation coverage and Saturday pickup routes where you could make your driving rate of $18.75. Full benefit eligibility would be available after one year. This schedule is what would be expected up until a full time driving position becomes available...which could be years.

Interview Questions

• Can you drive a truck with a manual transmission?   1 Answer

Negotiation

It didn't seem like negotiating was part of the process.