UPS Package Handler Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Aug 15, 2017

1.4

70 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Package Handler Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at UPS.

Interview

Very easy. Got job right there and then. They really didn't ask any typical questions you usually get asked. It was them telling you want is required and you answer that you are able to do it.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for UPS

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at UPS (Chicago, IL) in July 2017.

Interview

Know Your Worth!

Alright, let me start out by saying I understand some people need jobs or just can't afford to decline any offers. However, let me say this: KNOW YOUR WORTH.

Okay, next point:

This so-called "interview" wasn't really an interview. They simply asked for two forms of identification and if you are sure this is something you would be interested in. Let you tell you this, they will glance (not read) over your resume. The person interviewing me didn't even know I had a BBA despite having my information in front of her. C'mon HR, if you're going to have someone conduct "interviews", at least make them read the darn resume.

Next, I'm going to give you the breakdown of how much you will be "earning" if you accept this position.

Wages: 10.20 per hour (Hodgkins, IL Facility)
    Weekly Pay Check: Paid Every Friday

Approximate Take Home Pay:
    3.5 hours at $10.20 for 5 days is a minimum of $178.50 or $255 maximum
    (Less 18% from taxes) -$32.12
    (Less Union Dues at 7%) -$13
    Weekly payout = $133.37

In addition to this pay, you only get access to a 401 K retirement plan and educational assistance upon employment. (up to $25K with $5,250 per year) This doesn't include one week vacation, one option week, and 3 option days as well as paid holidays. You can only get these days off including medical and dental AFTER 1 year of employment.

So why did I apply? I needed money fast to pay bills while I search for a better job. The lady that interviewed me said that only after 40 days as a Package Handler, I could possibly advance to Part Time Supervisor (same tasks and hours, but pay just marginally better), and then I could advance to management or hr after 40 or more days as PT supervisor. So advancement is possible.

After the interview, you'll be scheduled to attend a tour of the facility, at which all of your information and i9 must be completed and submitted.

It seems as if the people conducting the interviews don't really care out the interviewee's circumstances, and are trying to meet or exceed their quotas to earn more money. They give you garbage hours so you aren't eligible for benefits and they can pay you less than what competitors or other industries do. All for the sake of preying on poor people and work them until they decide they are worth more than this. Unless you are working full time and looking for part time work, PLEASE DO NOT GIVE IN AND ACCEPT THIS POSITION UNLESS YOU HAVE NO OTHER OPTIONS AVAILABLE. Know your worth and save your time.

Thanks for reading.

Package Handler Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at UPS.

Interview

Threw you in a room with a bunch of people and made you walk around and tour the building it was pretty boring not much after that except them telling all of us we got hired then we filled out paper work and background checks

Anonymous Employee in High Point, NC

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at UPS (High Point, NC) in July 2017.

Interview

Applied and then did the tour the day after next. Didn't get picked out of the group but was told, that positions will open in the near future. Got a call a month later asking if i was still interested, I said yes, so I was scheduled for an interview for the next day. Went to the interview and was told I was late (I wasn't) and was told to come back next week. Got a call that same day telling me it was a mistake, that he thought I was apart of the new tour group and offered to reschedule the interview the next day. The actual interview was ok, basically just going over the job details.

Anonymous Employee in Sunnyvale, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at UPS (Sunnyvale, CA) in July 2017.

Interview

It was a group a group interview, friendly HR rep, no real questions, just more of a "tell me about yourself" thing. Wasn't too long. Wasn't "painful" it was nice actually.

Interview Questions

• Can you make sure you're here at 4am, this isn't for everyone   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Durango, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at UPS (Durango, CO) in June 2017.

Interview

I applied online and scheduled an interview and tour at 6:00 pm. I was the only person who scheduled a tour that evening. First the manager gave me a tour of the warehouse and then sat down for an interview. The tour lasted 5 minutes and the interview lasted for 10 minutes. He spent most of the time explaining why the position is available, what the work environment is like, when the shifts are, and the employee expectations. He asked me about my past jobs, if I lived in or out of town, and if I'm attending college. Then he asked me if I had any questions.

Package Handler Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at UPS in June 2017.

Interview

There were 5 of us at once, we took a tour of the warehouse, then they explained the pay and benefits. They gave everyone a chance to either stay or leave, and then they did individual interviews

Anonymous Employee in Harvey, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at UPS (Harvey, IL) in June 2017.

Interview

Easy, straight forward and quick. they didnt really ask for much i just got the job on the spot that was it just that easy they are going to ask you a coupe of simple yes no questions

Interview Questions

• Do you have good transportation from there and back to work   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at UPS (San Jose, CA) in June 2017.

Interview

Orientation and interview lasted about an hour. The actually interview was only a brief 10-15 minutes and mainly went over the job benefits. The interviewer also talked about how the company promotes from within.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at UPS (Salt Lake City, UT) in June 2017.

Interview

Went for a tour of the facility. Interview was to be scheduled for a later date if you were still interested. Pay was $10.20/hr. You aren't allowed to take any days off or go full time for a year.

Interview Questions

• Are you able to commit to the job for at least one year?   Answer Question