UPS Part Time Package Handler Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Aug 15, 2017

1.6

432 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at UPS (Seattle, WA) in May 2017.

Interview

Started with a group interview, and tour of the facilities. HR manager was very honest about the low pay. And did share the benefits package. Asked if there was anyone that wasn't interested after learning about the company.

Interview Questions

• Where would you like to go in the company?   2 Answers

Other Interview Reviews for UPS

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at UPS (Chicago, IL) in August 2017.

Interview

First we went on a tour of the package facility which was alright. Then there was a short 10 minute, individual interview with someone who works at UPS. They were very honest that during the holiday season, you have to work extra long hours.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in South San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at UPS (South San Francisco, CA) in June 2017.

Interview

Received an email to come in for a tour and interview on June 5 for a part time permanent Package Handler position working the PRELOAD 3AM-9AM, TWILIGHT 5PM-11PM, OR NIGHT 11PM-4AM shift at the South San Francisco building. Monday -Friday.
    Interview was scheduled for Wednesday June 7 at 8PM.
    Start of with signing in at the guard house and then told to wait in a designated area. Greeted by the HR person and told about the ground safety rules followed by a long walk to a presentation room. Power point presentation showing the CONs and PROs of the job. Followed by a tour of the facility and showcasing what your daily tasks will consist of (Physically demanding work). Q&A at each stop along the way. The tour ends back in the presentation room where we are then called in one at a time to a closed room for a 1 on 1 interview. Questions were very simple.
    The 1 on 1 interview was about 5-10 minutes long with 9 applicants present. The whole process took about 1 hour and 30 mins.

Anonymous Employee in Secaucus, NJ

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at UPS (Secaucus, NJ) in June 2017.

Interview

Easy, was offered an interview directly after my application was sent in. She just asked me questions about my application. I wouldn't even call it an interview it was easy

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at UPS (New York, NY) in May 2017.

Interview

Applied online and was able to schedule an appointment for a tour/orientation based on the shift I preferred. I was able to get an interview that night and was told after the interview that I was hired. In the second tour we signed paperwork and were shown exactly what we'd be doing.

Anonymous Employee in Urbana, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at UPS (Urbana, IL).

Interview

i did not use this site to get my job i answered all questions honestly and truthfully and within days i got the response i was looking for great enviorment

Anonymous Employee in Las Vegas, NV

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at UPS (Las Vegas, NV) in April 2017.

Interview

Quick interview. They tell you it's a hard job and most people quit their first week. Toured the building with other people, it's like a high school environment people will yell at you during the tour telling you that you should quit

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work here   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Rockford, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at UPS (Rockford, IL).

Interview

I applied online during peak season and got a phone call to go in for a tour/interview the next following week. They took multiple applicants in at once to describe the requirements of the job and we each had our interview right after the presentation.

Interview Questions

• Do you have a reliable form of transportation?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redmond, WA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at UPS (Redmond, WA) in April 2017.

Interview

I filled out an online application after reviewing the different job positions available in my area. Immediately after completing the application, I was prompted to schedule an interview, which I was able to do for the next morning. During the physical walk through and interview process, the manager was friendly, courteous, and straight-forward, giving clear direction as to the job requirements and what a typical day looked like. He also presented the pay, benefits, and additional opportunities within UPS.

Interview Questions

• Are you capable of performing these physical tasks and keeping up with a fast-paced environment?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Yuba City, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at UPS (Yuba City, CA).

Interview

Group interview. Toured the center. Shown the inside of a truck. Described the general process of the job. Told details of the job. After the group was walked through the facility, we waited and were given the chance to interview one on one.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work here?   1 Answer
    • Can you handle the work environment? (Warehouse/dust etc.)   Answer Question