UPS Part Time Package Handler Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Dec 12, 2017

1.6

465 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at UPS (Seattle, WA) in May 2017.

Interview

Started with a group interview, and tour of the facilities. HR manager was very honest about the low pay. And did share the benefits package. Asked if there was anyone that wasn't interested after learning about the company.

Interview Questions

• Where would you like to go in the company?   5 Answers

Other Interview Reviews for UPS

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Farmingdale, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at UPS (Farmingdale, NY) in October 2017.

Interview

So I filled out the application for the 6-10:30 shift and put my availability as well as school hours. On Tuesdays I have class from 5-8:30 and got approved for the interview! So basically, I could work any day for that shift except Tuesdays. It was nice to see that the company helps with tuition and is student friendly. The interview was for 7:30 AM so I got there a little early. At 7:15, I walked into the guard office and said I was there for the interview. The guard told me to come back 5 minutes before the interview, so I did to no prevail. She told me to wait until other people showed up, so another 15 minutes later, we began to walk into the warehouse. The second we walk in, a worker goes up to the HR representative and firmly tells her that workers need to wear gloves, because he's sick of employees hurting there hands and she shrugged it off. So I began to wonder if maybe this interview wasn't as I had thought. Us three applicants walk into a room and the interviewer said,"so everyone is here for the 4 to 9 AM shift?" I told her I was for the 6-10:30 PM and she questioned why I was even at the interview. I told her I had school that day, so I wasn't able to go at that time. Why I was even questioned why I was at the interview when that time was presented to me confused me. She called the 6-10:30 supervisor to tell him that I couldn't work that one day, or would have to do another shift, either midnight to 4 AM or 4-9 AM. He started yelling,"NO. NO" and some other mumbo jumbo that I couldn't hear, as we were all sitting at the other end of the table, practically across the room. She said they don't really even need a 6-10, so why the application was available in the first place boggled me even more. So she told me I could leave or consider working one of the other two shifts, as long as my schedule as a student didn't interfere with them. So at that point, I decided to leave the interview. How a company that is supposedly student friendly could have "higher-ups" so rude and not flexible leaves me in awe. I have never had an interview experience like that.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sharonville, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at UPS (Sharonville, OH) in December 2017.

Interview

Tour lasting 2 minutes, then sat us in a room to tell us the promised bonus was just to draw in applicants and wasn't available for us- and that the hourly pay we will get was lower than written. Told us the hours are different then described on application and that we are not able to receive the benefits listed online until after a year.

Part Time Package Handler Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at UPS.

Interview

I applied online then had an in-person interview and a tour of the facility. A few hours after the interview I received a call from the hiring manager offering me a job. That was very quick, however, my first day was not until two weeks later unfortunately.

Part Time Package Handler Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at UPS.

Interview

Group interview and then a one on one interview. Basically gets the job after interview. They just verify everything that’s on your application and tells you to wait for background to come back so you can start. They explain the job and pay to see if you are still interested.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Middletown, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at UPS (Middletown, NJ) in November 2017.

Interview

This was the worst interview I have ever had. I walked in to a room of a group of people and the HR lady was very rude. She said that this is the worst job you will ever have and that you will be very unhappy working here. The woman sitting next to me had a cup of coffee because it was early. The HR lady did not like that and forced the woman to throw out her coffee. This showed me what I was potentially getting myself into. The Hr lady also exclaimed to us that this job is NOT flexible, which was the complete opposite of what the website was advertising. This made me upset because I do have another job and am looking for a job with flexibility. I would not of applied for the job if it did not allow for flexibility. Since I was already at the facility, I decided to stick it out and interview for the job, trying to remain positive about the situation. The interview itself lasted less than five minutes, where I was basically offered the job on the spot. In my opinion it was a complete joke, and I did not accept this job offer.

Anonymous Employee in Knoxville, TN

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at UPS (Knoxville, TN) in November 2017.

Interview

Interviewer gave a tour of the facility to a group of us and described what we would be doing as package handlers. The interview itself was one on one and very low key.

Anonymous Employee in Louisville, KY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at UPS (Louisville, KY) in November 2017.

Interview

Just filled out online forms. Also you'll be asked how this late night lifestyle will work for you. You should think about that first. Or why should we hire you if you have a college degree and will likely move on once you find a "carrer job"?

Interview Questions

• Some questions about my health   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Omaha, NE

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at UPS (Omaha, NE) in November 2017.

Interview

first they schedule a tour with a group of other people, briefly explain duties, benefits, pay, and hours. They then schedule an interview which mine only lasted 6 minutes, I was only asked a couple questions and got hired.

Part-time Package Handler Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at UPS in November 2017.

Interview

The actual interview process was extremely easy and I would hardly call it an interview. The interview was more like an orientation where they had about thirty people with a mix of driver helpers and package handlers.

They took us back to the warehouse area where they described what the position entails for both the package handlers and driver helpers. They were really trying to pump up the part-time package handler position and offered driver helpers an opportunity to switch to that position.

They did not appear to be looking for the brightest or most motivated bunch of people.. They actually advertised that as long as you did not get fired before going full-time (after one year of part-time employment) that you would be pretty much golden in terms of employment, benefits and pay (and it would be difficult to be fired due to union).

After the orientation they do bring you back for one-on-one interviews which basically consists of you agreeing to them running a background check along with selecting the position that you would apply for which I changed to a part-time package handler.

After this point, your experience may differ than mine. Instead of receiving a response back in a few days I received it over two weeks later. In addition, they offered me a position for one I did not ask for during the interview.

From my whole experience, I felt that they just have an assembly line of people coming in and going and they didn't really actually value the newcomers and have some organizational issues. Saying that, it does sound like the long-time employees are well cared for.