UPS Part Time Package Handler Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Oct 18, 2017

1.6

444 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at UPS (Seattle, WA) in May 2017.

Interview

Started with a group interview, and tour of the facilities. HR manager was very honest about the low pay. And did share the benefits package. Asked if there was anyone that wasn't interested after learning about the company.

Interview Questions

• Where would you like to go in the company?   3 Answers

Other Interview Reviews for UPS

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Farmingdale, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at UPS (Farmingdale, NY) in October 2017.

Interview

So I filled out the application for the 6-10:30 shift and put my availability as well as school hours. On Tuesdays I have class from 5-8:30 and got approved for the interview! So basically, I could work any day for that shift except Tuesdays. It was nice to see that the company helps with tuition and is student friendly. The interview was for 7:30 AM so I got there a little early. At 7:15, I walked into the guard office and said I was there for the interview. The guard told me to come back 5 minutes before the interview, so I did to no prevail. She told me to wait until other people showed up, so another 15 minutes later, we began to walk into the warehouse. The second we walk in, a worker goes up to the HR representative and firmly tells her that workers need to wear gloves, because he's sick of employees hurting there hands and she shrugged it off. So I began to wonder if maybe this interview wasn't as I had thought. Us three applicants walk into a room and the interviewer said,"so everyone is here for the 4 to 9 AM shift?" I told her I was for the 6-10:30 PM and she questioned why I was even at the interview. I told her I had school that day, so I wasn't able to go at that time. Why I was even questioned why I was at the interview when that time was presented to me confused me. She called the 6-10:30 supervisor to tell him that I couldn't work that one day, or would have to do another shift, either midnight to 4 AM or 4-9 AM. He started yelling,"NO. NO" and some other mumbo jumbo that I couldn't hear, as we were all sitting at the other end of the table, practically across the room. She said they don't really even need a 6-10, so why the application was available in the first place boggled me even more. So she told me I could leave or consider working one of the other two shifts, as long as my schedule as a student didn't interfere with them. So at that point, I decided to leave the interview. How a company that is supposedly student friendly could have "higher-ups" so rude and not flexible leaves me in awe. I have never had an interview experience like that.

Anonymous Employee in Sarasota, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at UPS (Sarasota, FL) in October 2017.

Interview

I applied online and the next day a HR representative called me to set up a online Interview. I was offered the job right after the interview and I accepted. They were very nice and I begin orientation in a few days. Hopefully, that will go well. Overall I am very pleased with my experience.

Interview Questions

• Can you comply with the companies safety regulations?

Are you capable of lifting 70 pounds?

How well do you work with a team?

Sometimes the warehouse can be a stressful environment and the drivers may become agitated if they are behind schedule. How do you respond to stress?

What interest you about UPS.   2 Answers

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bryan, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at UPS (Bryan, TX) in October 2017.

Interview

There were two parts, a group part where they talk to all the potentials together and hand out a form to fill out, and the second part where they speak to you individually.

Two hours past my appointment time, the interviewer came out and addressed us as a group first, describing the jobs we were applying for, the pay, how the shifts work, etc. It took maybe ten minutes.

Then we were individually called in for the interview. I was called in last, which took an extra 30-45 minutes. The actual interview was about five minutes.

Even though the UPS website said to expect a tour, and for it to take up to 90 minutes, there was none.

Interview Questions

• Is all of your contact information (phone number, email, address, etc.) correct?   Answer Question
    • Which position are you applying for?   Answer Question
    • How did you hear about us?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about your work history?   Answer Question
    • Are you currently in school?   Answer Question
    • Do you have reliable transportation?   Answer Question
    • Which shift are you applying for? (I'm going to note that online I had applied for a 4am-9am shift, but the interviewer called it a 3am-9am shift. She explained that the shifts weren't set in stone and that it would be moved around to whatever they needed, and no one left until all the trucks were loaded. Closer to the holidays I could expect to be called in as early as 1am).   Answer Question
    • Can you regularly lift 30-45 lbs and up to 100 if necessary?   Answer Question
    • Do you have any questions?   Answer Question
    • We do a background check on all potential employees. Do you have anything you think we should know before doing so?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at UPS (Phoenix, AZ) in October 2017.

Interview

Work hours were verified along with any possible obligation conflicts.The ability to be positive and physically capable were discussed.My history of sales and sales manager displayed the ability to maintain a positive attitude.

Interview Questions

• Is their another job that may conflict with this position?   1 Answer

Part Time Package Handler Interview

Interview

Basically, a large group interview that involved an HR representative explaining the details of the job that concluded with a brief questionnaire and an even briefer one on one interview.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at UPS (New York, NY) in September 2017.

Interview

The HR person asked some questions about my previous job experience and went over the position I was applying for and made sure I was prepared for it. Was about 10 minutes very nice interviewer

Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at UPS (Phoenix, AZ) in September 2017.

Interview

Super quick and easy. Did a tour of the facility and afterwards you go meet with someone in hr and they offer you a job. I think they will hire just about anyone as a package handler as long as you can clean yourself up for a day.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Forest Park, GA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at UPS (Forest Park, GA) in August 2017.

Interview

For starters, the person that gave me the tour seemed very rude and to honest upfront, if you didn't feel comfortable working hard then this wasn't the job for you which is fine. But she in fact mentioned it several times throughout the tour process in which I thought was a little over abrasive. I think most of everyone that applied for the job knew the challenges they would face when it came to the work ethic. But what really had me on edge is as we were getting the tour an employee shouted out "FRESH MEAT" keep in mind it was different races, ages, and genders in attendance. I felt very awkward at that point because I started to question myself is this really the type of company I want to start at the bottom with that tolerates this type of behavior? Especially, if I was obligated to work a full year part time and be evaluated by the same employees in order to get raises. I don't care if it was in a joking manner, I for one take those types of slurs very seriously as a form of harassment, or even hazing, and not to mention the women standing across from me that applied looked very uncomfortable as well telling from her body language. Needless to say I continued with the interview and as I'm walking through the warehouse the employees were taking their breaks. I even felt uncomfortable then when the employees would form groups and as we were walking by talking about each one of us. It was a very disappointing experience for me so I ended up leaving along with two or three others. I don't know if it was just that day but this day for me was horrible.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at UPS (Chicago, IL) in August 2017.

Interview

First we went on a tour of the package facility which was alright. Then there was a short 10 minute, individual interview with someone who works at UPS. They were very honest that during the holiday season, you have to work extra long hours.