UPS Part Time Package Handler Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Aug 24, 2017

1.6

434 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at UPS (Seattle, WA) in May 2017.

Interview

Started with a group interview, and tour of the facilities. HR manager was very honest about the low pay. And did share the benefits package. Asked if there was anyone that wasn't interested after learning about the company.

Interview Questions

• Where would you like to go in the company?   3 Answers

Other Interview Reviews for UPS

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at UPS (Chicago, IL) in August 2017.

Interview

First we went on a tour of the package facility which was alright. Then there was a short 10 minute, individual interview with someone who works at UPS. They were very honest that during the holiday season, you have to work extra long hours.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Forest Park, GA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at UPS (Forest Park, GA) in August 2017.

Interview

For starters, the person that gave me the tour seemed very rude and to honest upfront, if you didn't feel comfortable working hard then this wasn't the job for you which is fine. But she in fact mentioned it several times throughout the tour process in which I thought was a little over abrasive. I think most of everyone that applied for the job knew the challenges they would face when it came to the work ethic. But what really had me on edge is as we were getting the tour an employee shouted out "FRESH MEAT" keep in mind it was different races, ages, and genders in attendance. I felt very awkward at that point because I started to question myself is this really the type of company I want to start at the bottom with that tolerates this type of behavior? Especially, if I was obligated to work a full year part time and be evaluated by the same employees in order to get raises. I don't care if it was in a joking manner, I for one take those types of slurs very seriously as a form of harassment, or even hazing, and not to mention the women standing across from me that applied looked very uncomfortable as well telling from her body language. Needless to say I continued with the interview and as I'm walking through the warehouse the employees were taking their breaks. I even felt uncomfortable then when the employees would form groups and as we were walking by talking about each one of us. It was a very disappointing experience for me so I ended up leaving along with two or three others. I don't know if it was just that day but this day for me was horrible.

Part Time Package Handler Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at UPS in August 2017.

Interview

They sit you in a room with other people looking for the same position. The hiring manager walks the group around the facility and shows what a typical day looks like. Then the hiring manager interviews people one-on-one, based on who arrived first. DO NOT waste you time applying if you cant work JUST morning (3:30 AM - 8:30 AM), JUST day (11:00 AM - 4:00 PM), or JUST night (5:00 PM - 10:00 PM) shifts as this job does not have much of a flexible schedule.

Interview Questions

• Are you able to handle the two weeks of intense training?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in South San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at UPS (South San Francisco, CA) in June 2017.

Interview

Received an email to come in for a tour and interview on June 5 for a part time permanent Package Handler position working the PRELOAD 3AM-9AM, TWILIGHT 5PM-11PM, OR NIGHT 11PM-4AM shift at the South San Francisco building. Monday -Friday.
    Interview was scheduled for Wednesday June 7 at 8PM.
    Start of with signing in at the guard house and then told to wait in a designated area. Greeted by the HR person and told about the ground safety rules followed by a long walk to a presentation room. Power point presentation showing the CONs and PROs of the job. Followed by a tour of the facility and showcasing what your daily tasks will consist of (Physically demanding work). Q&A at each stop along the way. The tour ends back in the presentation room where we are then called in one at a time to a closed room for a 1 on 1 interview. Questions were very simple.
    The 1 on 1 interview was about 5-10 minutes long with 9 applicants present. The whole process took about 1 hour and 30 mins.

Anonymous Employee in Secaucus, NJ

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at UPS (Secaucus, NJ) in June 2017.

Interview

Easy, was offered an interview directly after my application was sent in. She just asked me questions about my application. I wouldn't even call it an interview it was easy

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at UPS (New York, NY) in May 2017.

Interview

Applied online and was able to schedule an appointment for a tour/orientation based on the shift I preferred. I was able to get an interview that night and was told after the interview that I was hired. In the second tour we signed paperwork and were shown exactly what we'd be doing.

Anonymous Employee in Urbana, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at UPS (Urbana, IL).

Interview

i did not use this site to get my job i answered all questions honestly and truthfully and within days i got the response i was looking for great enviorment

Anonymous Employee in Las Vegas, NV

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at UPS (Las Vegas, NV) in April 2017.

Interview

Quick interview. They tell you it's a hard job and most people quit their first week. Toured the building with other people, it's like a high school environment people will yell at you during the tour telling you that you should quit

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work here   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Rockford, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at UPS (Rockford, IL).

Interview

I applied online during peak season and got a phone call to go in for a tour/interview the next following week. They took multiple applicants in at once to describe the requirements of the job and we each had our interview right after the presentation.

Interview Questions

• Do you have a reliable form of transportation?   1 Answer