UPS Part Time Package Handler Interview Questions | Glassdoor

UPS Part Time Package Handler Interview Questions

Interviews at UPS

1.6

Part Time Package Handler Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at UPS.

Interview

Selected an interview date online. Waited for about an hour at the facility before they called in people one-by-one for interviews. Interview was casual and interviewer was friendly, but I didn't get the position.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for UPS

Part Time Package Handler Interview

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at UPS.

Interview

Standard interview with complete overview/tour of facility, only seemed interested in early morning shift people but said they were hiring for both (morning and night shift). Also said they would get back but never did - and provided no contact information for follow up.

Anonymous Employee in Chantilly, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at UPS (Chantilly, VA) in May 2016.

Interview

You pick a time ,you come in and they give you a tour of the building to show you different jobs and how hard people are working with no people standing around.

Interview Questions

• Can you left 50 to 75pounds or more with no assistance.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at UPS (New York, NY).

Interview

Got the date and time by phone call, walked in and waited about 2 hours with 8 others. Got called into a separate room and was hired on the spot. Was asked about drug screening,(never took a test, even 3 years later.) authorization to work in the U.S....blah blah blah. Told me to come in Monday for training, and that was it.

Interview Questions

• Will you be able to handle the work load?   2 Answers

Anonymous Employee in Latham, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at UPS (Latham, NY) in March 2018.

Interview

Easy & straight forward and went quick.

Literally from day I put in application
    To Going on the tour at facitility
    Followed by an interview directly after with HR
    Was 24 hours from start to finish.
    Im speechless how quick process was. Considering out of a different location (about 13 years back) my spouse applied for this job (in a different location in NY and did not get a call back till 1 year later).

Part Time Package Handler Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at UPS in September 2017.

Interview

Personal interaction with the HR manager / front office was fine. The administrative system compliance part of the process was a bit time-consuming. It was more waiting for the time opening with the HR contact person and satisfying all the requirements for what is an union job.

Interview Questions

• Standard for this general laborer type of role, so comfortability in lifting packages, schedule availability, commute distance, long / shorter term travel plans, etc. It may be that they would tailor certain questions to the overall profile of the candidate, age, performances, expectations of the work.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Raleigh, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at UPS (Raleigh, NC) in June 2017.

Interview

It went well. You go on a tour of the facility while shift is working so you can experience what it is like to work there. Then they give you a quick interview to see what kind of person you are and what is expected of you nd what you are expecting.

Interview Questions

• What are your long term goals.   1 Answer

Part Time Package Handler Interview

Interview

Basically told you how hard the job was and tried to scare you out of it if you were not interested so they can reduce turnover. It was a tour of the facility and was unpaid.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Addison, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at UPS (Addison, IL) in April 2018.

Interview

It was mainly her (the interviewer) telling me what to expect from this job; her talking. Not the kind of "interview" I had expected or prepared for. But I just went along with it agreeably. Every once in a while, she asked me if I had any questions. She didn't ask me many (if any) questions, though. It wasn't a memorable experience.

Interview Questions

• I wasn't asked any difficult or unexpected questions in this interview.   Answer Question

Part Time Package Handler Interview

Interview

I applied online for a tour of the facility and an interview. The interview was short and the questions asked were very basic. A couple of days later I was called in for an orientation. The orientation was just sitting watching these old safety videos about hazmats and securing the belt. After, I was told to finish my online application. I started working 2 days after that. The whole hiring process took 4-5 days.