UPS Part Time Package Handler Interview Questions | Glassdoor

UPS Part Time Package Handler Interview Questions

Interviews at UPS

1.6

Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at UPS (Philadelphia, PA) in September 2017.

Interview

I applied online and selected what day I could come in for an interview and tour the facility. If you are unable to attend the days or time listed you can check if they have interviews at a late date.

Interview Questions

• Are you able to lift at least 70lbs with or without reasonable accomiadation?   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for UPS

Anonymous Employee in Franklin Park, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at UPS (Franklin Park, IL) in February 2014.

Interview

Applied and scheduled appointment online. Met someone for an interview and she asked a few questions. She basically hired me in a few minutes as they needed the help. Met for a week for training on how to do the job and safety tips.

Anonymous Employee in Cleveland, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at UPS (Cleveland, OH) in January 2017.

Interview

quick easy. came in at 6 in the morning, took tour of the terminal. Asked normal simple questions. was hired on the spot. did a personality test. sat in and watched a brief video of what the job was like.

Interview Questions

• have you worked in a factory before   2 Answers

Anonymous Employee in Chelmsford, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at UPS (Chelmsford, MA) in June 2014.

Interview

Took 2 hours with a work and benefits review and a quick interview/ offer process. They offer this job to all applicants with a possibility to move into management. The HR people were very pleasant and walk you through basic duties in the operation.

Interview Questions

• Can i handle dusty environments   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Louisville, KY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at UPS (Louisville, KY) in December 2017.

Interview

They held an open interview process in an open room that held roughly fifty people at a time. The actual interviewing took place in three stages in a one on one basis. Drug screening and job offers were made at the end of the process.

Interview Questions

• Do you have an limitations on lifting packages up to 70lbs?   1 Answer

Part Time Package Handler Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at UPS.

Interview

for this position I applied online directly from the website. After a few days I received a call and was asked to come in for orientation and paperwork. After an orientation I reported to work which was training the first week. After that we were assigned positions and reported to work.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gardena, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at UPS (Gardena, CA) in December 2017.

Interview

Applied to the Gardena, CA facility online for Part Time package handler in early November. I got a text end of November claiming they had lots of jobs to give away and I should get down there asap. So I heads down there that Saturday on December 2nd. When I get down the facility, there's a whole host of people there waiting for their tour and interview with HR.

They start the tour, lead past the guard point and into some sort of hangar, where they give us fliers describing the company, it's pay, ect. They have us make a circle and one of the guys that works there stands in the middle and explains to us that they're very short staffed because people have been walking off the job en masse and if we have the drive, want the hours, the work is there for us but we just have to want it. I'm thinking to myself "Hey, if they don't want the work, I'll take it no problem." After that, this very short woman who was the HR person told us to line up in single file in front of her office.

Now here I am near the front of the line with the ability, drive and dedication, pleasantly waiting my turn. She comes back out the office after the third person, and hands us these sheets where we had to fill out our name, number, ect and what shifts we were interested in taking. So I'm finally called in to this little office and she ask me if I've ever been in trouble with the law , do I have any health problems, what hours am I available to work ect. I'm good on all that. So I answer, letting her know my complete availability and she tells me the sunrise shift is full and someone will call with confirmation on the twilight when a space is available. So I'm sitting there thinking "Didn't your guy back there just say you were severely understaffed and people were walking off the job? How did you go from understaffed to brimming in the quarter hour or so, I've been standing here?"

Nevertheless I thanked her for her time and went home to await my phone call. Over one month later, I've been waiting and calling down there only to be told no positions available, when they've advertised a need for help with the very job I applied for at the very facility I applied at 6 times since then. Heck, they're advertising for that position on Glassdoor right at this moment, but still no call to the qualified guy supposedly on their waiting list and probably many more. I'm so done.

My advice to interviewees is don't put your hopes on a call from here and my advice to UPS is to get a new competent HR down there because the one you got doesn't know how to run your business.

Anonymous Employee in San Bernardino, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at UPS (San Bernardino, CA) in November 2017.

Interview

The interview was done with one big group hearing about the position and being informed of the duties, location, and hours and after that we were interviewed individually by one of 3 HR reps

Interview Questions

• Do you have experience with package handling?
      Why did you leave your last job?   1 Answer

Part Time Package Handler Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at UPS.

Interview

Very easy interview. They only asked for an I.D and about my previous work experience. There was a group of about 15 of us and we toured the facility and explained to us what it takes to be successful at this company.

Anonymous Employee in Cincinnati, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at UPS (Cincinnati, OH) in August 2016.

Interview

Very basic. They'll hire almost anyone, no drug testing. Always hiring, no matter what time of year. First, you take a tour of the facility with a group. Then you schedule at date and time for the interview. During it, one person directly interviewed me while another employee sat in the room and observed/made notes. Got a call a few days later offering me the position

Interview Questions

• Did you play football in high school?   1 Answer