UPS Part Time Package Handler Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Aug 20, 2017

1.6

434 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in Ontario, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at UPS (Ontario, CA) in October 2016.

Interview

Short, basic questions like "why do you want to work here." "what makes a great employee." People where very courteous, and interviewed many people including myself in a shorter time frame than what was mentioned in the email i received asking for an interview.

Interview Questions

• "What makes a good employee?"   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for UPS

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at UPS (Minneapolis, MN) in October 2016.

Interview

After finishing the online application, I met with someone from HR and took a tour around "The Hub" which is the facility. We went over the pay, benefits and shifts. There is absolutely no pressure and if you want to leave will in the tour this is okay.

Part Time Package Handler Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at UPS.

Interview

Interview was pretty simple. I sat in a room with the HR representative and answered a few questions. Most of the questions were concerning physical ability and health. It didn't take very long and the person was very nice.

Interview Questions

• Are able to lift 20 to 30 lbs. with out any issues?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Fort Myers, FL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at UPS (Fort Myers, FL) in September 2016.

Interview

Immediately after completing the application, the website had me set up a day with an HR rep to do a walk through. Not knowing what to expect i wore decent clothes. Long sleeve button-up shirt, black slacks, black dress shoes, no tie, top button un-buttoned. Definitely get there early, they make note of who shows up early. Initially we sat down in the conference room and went over, pay, benefits, expectations, and what nots. During the walk through the HR rep shows you the warehouse and the different positions and you watch the people work so you understand what you are getting yourself into. Told us that the morning shift was brutal compared to the night shift and told us the unloaders can sometimes throw up and fall out from working too hard.

After all that she asks who can stay to fill out more paper work (DO THIS!). Told me that after they send out my info for a background check then they would move foreword. Later that day i checked my application online and there was a second portion to fill out. This included I-9, W4, and direct deposit form. Well I got a call from her the next day and asked me to come in the following day for the interview and make sure i fill out everything including my direct deposit form.

Went on the interview and the manager told me that if we get hired after October 13th, then we are seasonal but if we get hired before this then we are a permanent position. Well after the interview he told me to go and talk to the HR rep again. She said, "Eric sent you in here? Alright you start on Tuesday." (in 4 days, September 27th) Permanent! The manager like my mechanical background and construction background. He wants people who can lift easily (boxes are heavy) and people who can work hard too (construction). No idiots either, gotta be able to think and just show that in your interview and you will get the job!

Interview Questions

• What separates you from the other candidates out there? (Brought us in for the interview 2 at a time, 2 at 10:30, 10:45, 11:00.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in East Chicago, IN

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at UPS (East Chicago, IN) in September 2016.

Interview

Applied on website. They immediately scheduled me for an interview. It was about an hour long process. They explain the pay and benefits and let you choose your work shift. Then you fill out paperwork and they tell you it will be about a week before you here anything but the next interview would be a tour of the facility

Interview Questions

• Am I sure I can physically handle the job considering I am a female   1 Answer

Part-time Package Handler Interview

Anonymous Employee in Horsham, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at UPS (Horsham, PA) in September 2016.

Interview

Filled out my profile online and applied for a part time package handler position. After clicking the submit button I was automatically prompted to select a time to tour the facility.
    Met with HR, a few managers and the toured the hub.
    I received a call later in the evening from HR that my background check was good and asked me to come in for training the next day.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for UPS?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cerritos, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at UPS (Cerritos, CA) in September 2016.

Interview

Completed online application. Afterwards about a week or two later received an automated e-mail from HR thanking me for my interest. The e-mail provided additional description about the job and if I was still interested to schedule an appointment online to attend an information session.

At the information session there was about 20-25 people there. HR went into details about the job, shifts available, average hours worked per week (17.5 - 20), benefits which would not begin until one year of service and a starting wage of $10.15/hr. Minimum wage in CA is currently at $10/hr.

They mentioned this was a union position and that we were REQUIRED to join. The initiation fee was $200. Rather than collect it all at once, $25 would be deducted from your first 8 checks and then a monthly dues would be collected to the equivalent of 2 times your hourly rate. Oh, and they also mentioned that if you were interested in becoming a driver that the typical wait was 7-10 years at that location.

After the orientation they had everyone line up for individual interviews that lasted about 5 min each. They asked very basic questions. Afterwards they said they would call back if they were interested.

I did not receive a call back which did not bother me. I thought the starting wage was ridiculously low considering this was a union position. Similar warehouse/distribution type jobs in the surrounding area start at around $12-13/hr.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for UPS?
      Why did you quit your last job?
      Do you feel that you can perform the physical requirements needed such as standing, lifting, bending, twisting, ect?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Groveport, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at UPS (Groveport, OH) in September 2016.

Interview

Interview process included a tour and visual of workers loading trucks. Emphasis was placed on safe lifting techniques, description of work environment, critical success factors and performance expectations, hourly rate based on shift and attendance bonus. The HR Recruiter communicated enthusiastically and shared his UPS journey (which stared as a Part-Time Package Handler).

Interview Questions

• Why do you wan to work at UPS?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Processed outsourced to a staffing agency.

Anonymous Employee in Edison, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at UPS (Edison, NJ) in September 2016.

Interview

You apply through the UPS website and they give you a time to show up for an "interview." Hopefully they give you proper directions to where you need to enter or you will be late trying to find where to go. After you get to the HR area you will see about 10-15 other people sitting and waiting, you all get to watch a video together about how great it is to work for UPS (they made it so its going to be GREAT).

Then one at a time the HR person will bring you in and sit you down, ask you if you want to work for them and have you enter info to start your background. After this they will tell you to come back the following Friday, if your background clears you will do a few pieces of paper on that Friday and they will start you on Monday....

Thats the entire process....

Interview Questions

• Do you want to work for UPS?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Honolulu, HI

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at UPS (Honolulu, HI) in September 2016.

Interview

Interview Process is straight forward. The choice at the time is between package handler or ramp. once chosen it is either AM or PM shift. Once that is done then finish the following documents and clearance to be able to work