UPS Part Time Package Handler Interview Questions | Glassdoor

UPS Part Time Package Handler Interview Questions

Interviews at UPS

1.6

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Harvey, LA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at UPS (Harvey, LA) in December 2017.

Interview

The interview was brief but to the point. All candidates were taken on a tour of the warehouse and duties seemed to be clear. The interviewer was held in a open group forum and all applicants were allowed to ask questions throughout this phase of the interview process.

Interview Questions

• The interviewer stressed rather or not we (the applicants) were sure that we wanted to accept the job. This was important because if you chose to quit (at any time) you cannot be re-hired ever again with the company.   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for UPS

Anonymous Employee in Columbus, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at UPS (Columbus, OH) in November 2017.

Interview

FaceTime interview, where he just asked me a few questions about what I thought about safety work process. And then he told me about the job and the requirement for clothing and boots. And then asked if it was OK to run a background check while I was on FaceTime. At the very end he gave me a day for orientation.

Interview Questions

• What is an acceptable reason for a no call no show   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Oklahoma City, OK

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at UPS (Oklahoma City, OK) in November 2017.

Interview

It is a two step process during Peak season they bring you and 50 other people in to give you the 411 on UPS and what to expect working there as a seasonal employee. You listen to someone speak for an hour and half then tour the warehouse(HUB), then they bring you back for your actual ïnterview"

Anonymous Employee in Maumee, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at UPS (Maumee, OH) in October 2017.

Interview

It was a simple process. You go in for a tour then get interviewed. If you show interest and ambition you will get hired. It was the easiest interview process.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work at UPS?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at UPS (Dallas, TX) in March 2017.

Interview

No interview, they hire anyone who shows up. Of course, they have to call you in to show up first, which I am assuming they just do on an as-needed basis.

Anonymous Employee in Port Allen, LA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at UPS (Port Allen, LA) in November 2017.

Interview

It was very quick there were no questions like why do i want to work for ups there were questions like can you start today for me please i had to basically ask majority questions because there was no info given she asked can i lift a certain amount of pounds and do i have warehouse experience

Interview Questions

• Do i have warehouse experience   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at UPS (New York, NY).

Interview

Got the date and time by phone call, walked in and waited about 2 hours with 8 others. Got called into a separate room and was hired on the spot. Was asked about drug screening,(never took a test, even 3 years later.) authorization to work in the U.S....blah blah blah. Told me to come in Monday for training, and that was it.

Interview Questions

• Will you be able to handle the work load?   2 Answers

Anonymous Employee in Latham, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at UPS (Latham, NY) in March 2018.

Interview

Easy & straight forward and went quick.

Literally from day I put in application
    To Going on the tour at facitility
    Followed by an interview directly after with HR
    Was 24 hours from start to finish.
    Im speechless how quick process was. Considering out of a different location (about 13 years back) my spouse applied for this job (in a different location in NY and did not get a call back till 1 year later).

Part Time Package Handler Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at UPS in September 2017.

Interview

Personal interaction with the HR manager / front office was fine. The administrative system compliance part of the process was a bit time-consuming. It was more waiting for the time opening with the HR contact person and satisfying all the requirements for what is an union job.

Interview Questions

• Standard for this general laborer type of role, so comfortability in lifting packages, schedule availability, commute distance, long / shorter term travel plans, etc. It may be that they would tailor certain questions to the overall profile of the candidate, age, performances, expectations of the work.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Raleigh, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at UPS (Raleigh, NC) in June 2017.

Interview

It went well. You go on a tour of the facility while shift is working so you can experience what it is like to work there. Then they give you a quick interview to see what kind of person you are and what is expected of you nd what you are expecting.

Interview Questions

• What are your long term goals.   1 Answer

See What UPS Employees Are Saying

StarStarStarStarStar   Current Package Handler in Huntington Park, Los Angeles, CA

Pros: “The hours are there if you want to put in the work to get them, plus the opportunities are actually awesome. You could move up to management, or you could stay with the union and become a...”“The hours are there if you want to put in the work to get them, plus the opportunities are actually awesome. You could move up to management, or you could stay with the union and become a driver or something along those lines. Also great coworkers cause I actually have fun at work. Union will fight very hard for you as well. And the benefits are great if you’re not on someone else’s insurance. Very uncommon for such good benefits at a part time job.” – Full Review