UPS Preload Supervisor Interview Questions | Glassdoor

UPS Preload Supervisor Interview Questions

2.3

Anonymous Employee in Nampa, ID

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at UPS (Nampa, ID) in November 2014.

Interview

Rather informal and impromptu. I had originally applied for a seasonal driver position, but HR mentioned that they were looking for a preload supervisor as well. I said I was interested so she told me to come back to speak with the center manager. I did so a couple days later and they briefly questioned me about my experience and explained what to expect.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for UPS

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at UPS (Dallas, TX) in October 2014.

Interview

WAS RECOMMENDED FOR IT,TOOK MAPP ASSESSMENT TEST. Was asked to be prepared for challenges that lied ahead by full timer that recommended me for the position.The rest of the questions were based off the computer generated questions. Note most part time supervisors are hired from a pool of hourly workers. It's virtually impossible to put in for a PT supervisor position and get it off the street(like most UPS openings).

Anonymous Employee in Lexington-Fayette, KY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at UPS (Lexington-Fayette, KY) in April 2013.

Interview

You have to work initial in the building as a package handler. Upon being hired you are to go to the human resources department and inform them of the decision to persue management opportunities. If you are selected you will begin the MAPP process. First is entering in your information. Then you will be reviewed by your full time operations supervisor who will then select you to take the aptitude test. This test focuses on see the consistency of your answers/decisions. There are no right answers, just a right way to take the test to be favorable to what UPS is looking for in a supervisor. After passing the aptitude test you are then just waiting for a position to free up. The first position that frees up, you will then be promoted to supervisor. UPS looks for very loud assertive management employees. There have been quiet supervisors become promoted but they are usually looked down upon as lesser or weak and unfit for management. If you are quiet you will have to be manipulative, and effective in the communication you do conduct.

Interview Questions

• None of the questions are difficult or unexpected. Just go with the right choice and be consistent. Do not be undecided or favoring different answers in different situations.   Answer Question

Negotiation

They told me there was no negotiating the salary.

Anonymous Employee in Memphis, TN

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at UPS (Memphis, TN) in April 2013.

Interview

The interview process was not difficult. It was 1 on 1 with the HR director. They asked very basic questions, and explained the job to me. They left time for me to ask questions and answered them thoroughly.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Medford, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at UPS (Medford, OR) in February 2013.

Interview

First I received a phone call and was asked if I could do an interview over the phone. After the phone interview an appointment was made for an in person interview. The questions were pretty typical, in fact many of them are mentioned on this website. I do not know if I got the job yet.

Interview Questions

• A time when you were asked to do something unreasonable at your last job...   1 Answer

Preload Supervisor Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at UPS in November 2012.

Interview

Not really an interview, instead you have to take some assessment tests that gauge your ability and psychological fit for the position.You apply online where they capture your information and then if you meet the basic requirements, they call to schedule a time for the tests.

Interview Questions

• There really were no questions asked of me, just assessment tests.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiating.

Anonymous Employee in Columbia, MO

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at UPS (Columbia, MO) in August 2007.

Interview

Fairly simple interview process. 1 on 1 interview with potential manager and human resource manager. required to take a drug test and background check. I worked at UPS on the sort line at the time of my interview, so the process was probably less formal than hiring from outsid ethe company.