UPS Seasonal Driver Helper Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Dec 3, 2017

1.3

193 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mesquite, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at UPS (Mesquite, TX) in November 2017.

Interview

Applied through the company website then scheduled for an on-site appointment/interview. Unfortunately, the only location available was 45mins away they did not allow places close to your home. Went to the appointment about 2 days later, casual dress and brought ID. You sit in a room with every one else who had applied and a manager will give a brief overview about the position & what to expect. Upfront the hourly rate was disclosed, $10.20/hr ! Can you believe that? Anyhow then each individual had the choice to leave, come back at a later time for another position or wait to interview with someone in HR. Once your name was called you went back to a room for maybe 5 minutes top asked very basic questions & again they wanted to know if you were okay with everything. I want to add it was stated if you started working then got another job, say a better paying FT job & had to quit. They put a negative mark by your name & you cannot ever be rehired by UPS. Then then scan your ID, give you a piece of paper to go back online fill out tax papers then wait for a call with an offer & wait to come in for orientation. Very quick & simple.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for UPS

Anonymous Employee in Palatine, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at UPS (Palatine, IL) in December 2017.

Interview

Got to the facility for the interview. Was asked what job I was there for and then sent to a waiting room. Waited maybe ten minutes an then I was taken into a private office for the interviewer.

Interview Questions

• Are you available to be on call 5 days a week for this job?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Eugene, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at UPS (Eugene, OR) in November 2017.

Interview

Phone interview was very short and easy. I think they were just checking my availability and physical ability. At the end of the interview I was offered the position and to attend a paid orientation.

Seasonal Driver Helper Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at UPS in November 2017.

Interview

Basically hire anybody and ask if you have vehicle and whatnot. There is a group of people and they take you to this room, ask everybody their zip code so they known where they would be, then you meet with an hr person to fill out the second part of you application. They then call you the usually the next day for orientation.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at UPS (Chicago, IL) in November 2017.

Interview

The interview process was quick and simple they told a group of about 15 of us about what we will be doing and if we could handle the tasks of the position.

Interview Questions

• They asked if i could deal with working in all types of weather   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Forest Park, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at UPS (Forest Park, GA) in November 2017.

Interview

The process was short, it consisted of a group of candidates and HR personnel. Orientation was done on the same day and the company paid for the orientation process. Both HR and orientation personnel were very nice.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pensacola, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at UPS (Pensacola, FL) in November 2017.

Interview

I applied online after seeing a post on Indeed. I filled out my application and at the very end, it had me set an appointment time for an interview. I set my appointment, which happened to be 2 days after I applied, at 11:30. I showed up early and the HR rep was still having to conduct interviews from the previous appointment group. Once the HR rep was finished with the previous group she told us about the position, what to expect, and gave a quick tour of the truck you'd most likely be working on.

Then the HR started giving one on one interviews. The wait was terrible, I don't know why anyone would schedule that many people at a time and then give 10-15 minute individual interviews. There were probably 15-20 of us in all in that particular group. I finally got my interview around 2 and there were still 4 or so others to be interviewed.

Despite having prior driver helper experience with another company and what I feel to be more professional than other applicants that arrived I was turned down because I couldn't work Fridays due to having a Fri-Sun job.

They don't want you for this particular time of year unless you have complete availability Monday-Friday.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at UPS (New York, NY) in November 2017.

Interview

The interview process was long due to their being such a large group. I didn't understand at the time why some people walked out after hearing the pay but after having my time wasted I should've walked right along with them.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bronx, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at UPS (Bronx, NY) in November 2017.

Interview

15 people waiting to be interviewed waited for almost an hour, after I was called in to speak to the lady from HR I was told I couldn't work a seasonal job due to me being a student , if I'm not mistaking that is discrimination ! Still thinking about reporting them to 311. Employers don't understand how hard it is to be a student and still have time to look for a job let alone work

Interview Questions

• tell me your past experience?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Las Vegas, NV

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at UPS (Las Vegas, NV) in November 2017.

Interview

I applied online and within a few days, I received an interview. Directions were not specific to any location other than an address that led to the customer service area. There were around 10 applicants and me who waited in the customer service area instead of going to the security entrance. (who knew). We were almost sent away when the security guard said it was okay. The interview waiting room was held in the staff lunch lounge and the actual process was outside on the Bench with two lovely HR representatives who conducted the interview.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for UPS? What makes you a valuable employee if offered the position? Do you work well in teams? What is your availability? When can you work? Where Do you live? Do you have reliable transportation?   1 Answer