UPS Seasonal Driver Helper Interview Questions | Glassdoor

UPS Seasonal Driver Helper Interview Questions

Interviews at UPS

1.3

Seasonal Driver Helper Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at UPS in November 2011.

Interview

Easy going, informative, and meaningful. They asked many questions relative to safety precautions. Really concerned to safety of other just as much as yourself. Watch a 30 min training video. Taught employees proper safety precautions in addition to providing excellence customer service.

Interview Questions

• Can you life +50lbs on a day to day basis?   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for UPS

Anonymous Employee in Anderson, IN

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at UPS (Anderson, IN) in November 2014.

Interview

The group was given a description of the job and salary, then each person was called into a room for a private interview. They asked about the hours you are available, if you have reliable transportation to get to work, and about your previous work. After the interview they did a background check which took a few hours. After you were hired you were sent an email to attend a training session and get a uniform. The training session was minimal help, but if you have a good driver they will teach you a lot.

Interview Questions

• They asked me to talk about the hardest job I ever had.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at UPS (New York, NY) in November 2014.

Interview

Group of about 30 in one room. Call you one by one ask your past experience and availabilty. Thats pretty much it. 1 hour later i was called and told i got the job and to come in for orientation

Interview Questions

• What did my last job entail   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Longwood, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at UPS (Longwood, FL) in December 2013.

Interview

Everything was straight to the point, the no nonsense type of interview, for this facility was very diligent when it came to work, and the hiring process. They made it very clear that you must be on time.

Interview Questions

• The important questions they asked me, is if I had my own means of transportation. Also, if I was able to be on time always.   2 Answers

Anonymous Employee in Memphis, TN

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at UPS (Memphis, TN) in December 2013.

Interview

Very basic. They showed us what we were going to be doing, and asked some simple questions about our applications. This is a group interview by the way. Once they bring you in, the job is basically yours if you want it.

Anonymous Employee in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at UPS (Minneapolis, MN) in September 2015.

Interview

Very short one to one interview (~ 5 min.) with an HR rep. who asked only a few general questions. Received an immediate willingness to hire pending background check and drug screening with no mention of hourly wage (though I didn't ask pending a formal job offer). Orientation is the next step with work starting sometime after that.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about your understanding of the Seasonal Driver Helper position.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Athens, OH

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at UPS (Athens, OH).

Interview

I was interviewed while I attended Ohio University. I was asked basic interview questions that were job specific relating to punctuality and customer service experience. The interview was fairly brief and lasted only 20 minutes roughly. After the interview I was asked to take a personality test and fill out some other background information. I was asked to attend a mass orientation and did so.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time you were faced with a difficult customer and how you reacted.   1 Answer

Seasonal Driver Helper Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at UPS.

Interview

Applied on online
    Within 10 minutes you are done with the application , schedule a appointment for a group meeting with 10-15 other candidates going for the same position and a hr manager , you are seated with other candidate to watch a short film about the position, the hr manager does a presentation to explain the position and askes if you are no longer interested walk out, the hr manager then start taking people for 1 on 1 interviews, once you are done with the 5 min interview he then tells you instructions to check your online application and fill out some more questions , they will then review your W4 and I-9 , tax related question you answered , and if you qualify you will be scheduled to come in for paid training within a week , once training is done you will be assigned to a driver ,very easy process

Interview Questions

• Do you understand the position?
      Why ups ?
      Why should we pick you?   1 Answer

Seasonal Driver Helper Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at UPS.

Interview

Very easy and quick. I was hired on the spot. A lot of people hired at the same time. It was very easy and comfortable. I didn't have any problems and they were very helpful in getting me started with their company.

Interview Questions

• Are you available to work the whole season.
      Do you have any physical problems performing the job   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Warren, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at UPS (Warren, MI) in October 2015.

Interview

I went online and filled out the application and was immediately given an interview date. The interview itself was, by far, the most relaxed and pleasant one I have ever had.
     The day of the interview I was told to be at the guard shack ten minutes early. I arrived to find a group of applicants waiting. At the top of the hour, we were then walked over to a medium sized conference room. We filled out a form and listened to a person tell us about the job and she gave us valuable tips about the job and how to excel in the company. After a half hour we were taken, one by one, into a separate office room for one on one interviews. The one on one interview lasted about seven to ten minutes long. It consisted of verification of the application information and a few questions. That is it. The interviewer was warm and friendly, as all the UPS employees were. I think the most important take away here is follow instructions and BE ON TIME!!! Think about it, if you cannot show up for your interview on time, you really should not be interviewing with UPS.

Interview Questions

• Do you think you are in good enough physical shape to do the job?   Answer Question