UPS Interview Questions in Seattle, WA | Glassdoor

Updated May 2, 2017

1.5

12 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at UPS (Seattle, WA) in May 2017.

Interview

Started with a group interview, and tour of the facilities. HR manager was very honest about the low pay. And did share the benefits package. Asked if there was anyone that wasn't interested after learning about the company.

Interview Questions

• Where would you like to go in the company?   1 Answer

Peak Season Driver's Helper Interview

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at UPS (Seattle, WA) in November 2016.

Interview

Group interview explaining the job. It will be hard work exposed to the weather. Then 5-10 minute individual interview to confirm we understand it will be hard work and they need dependable people.

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at UPS (Seattle, WA) in July 2016.

Interview

The interview was a brief tour and a few 1 on 1 questions. The Interview was incredibly easy. In fact I was asked if I was even sure I wanted the position.

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at UPS (Seattle, WA) in November 2015.

Interview

After getting a call from HR and setting up the date for the interview, it didn't take long to get a confirmation from the HR in that branch. It took two weeks before HR called to give me an offer.

Interview Questions

• One instance that you didn't agree with the employer and what did you do about it.   1 Answer

Seasonal Driver Helper Interview

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at UPS (Seattle, WA) in November 2015.

Interview

the interview process cost 1 day,very fast ,USPer are very nice,and they will offer u snakes and drinks ,very decent.....a lots people go to interview in 1 day ,and they finish it very fast....

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at UPS (Seattle, WA).

Interview

This is for the Air Ramp position, working outdoors:

I started an application online. I did not finish it, but received an email reminding me that they had positions available and inviting me to finish my app. Once I did so, I was able to schedule an interview for the very next day. I parked at the facility and signed in with a group of other people waiting to interview.

We all entered a room with a big table. The HR person went over what she called "the good, the bad and the ugly", starting with "the ugly". She was very straightforward about how challenging this position is. She explained we would be working outside in all types of weather. She said we could often be on our knees in the belly of a plane loading and unloading packages. The shifts would start at either 4a or 10p (we could choose which we preferred). She was sure to emphasize the physical demands of the job. She also pointed out that the starting pay is $10/hour. It is a union position, so the union would be deducting $25 from your pay for the first 10 weeks for the initiation fee, then $25 monthly thereafter.

Once she was done with that, she asked if there was anyone who felt they were no longer interested in the position. One person expressed having arthritis in his hands and left. She thanked them for being honest. There was no shaming. She then went on with "the good": full benefits after one year, $5500 per year tuition reimbursement after 90 days, discounts with various merchants and upward mobility. UPS has a culture of hiring/promoting from within the company. I got the impression that this was a very real possibility and that one could do so relatively quickly.

She then conducted brief, individual interviews with each of us. She asked when was the last time I did work outside? How long would I plan on staying on with them? Am I physically able to complete my duties? She then offered me a job contingent on the results of my background check. Also, on my rehire code from previously working for the company. I asked for a couple of days to get back to her. I got fingerprinted in the interim, just to move the process along in case I came back with a yes.

Interview Questions

• Unexpected-how would I do working on a very tight schedule? (The planes have to leave at a precise time daily).   Answer Question

Looking for a higher rate of pay.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at UPS (Seattle, WA) in September 2014.

Interview

The HR woman was pretty cool. She was very fun to listen to and it felt like I had already been hired. We sat as a group around a conference table for about an hour talking about the good and bad parts of the job, and the high turnover due to tardiness for the sunrise shift (3AM-8:30AM). At the end she revealed the wage to be expected which was surprisingly only 11hr which is breadcrumbs in Seattle, WA. I would be willing to do it for 15-17hr at those hours and with the difficulty of the job. I'm totally bummed because I can't afford to work there. It would be worth the sacrifice if i was looking to eventually apply for a driver position, but I was most interested in part time work during college.

Human Resource Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at UPS (Seattle, WA) in May 2014.

Interview

They contact you by phone, sometimes to ask a few questions and to describe the job. If you are qualified (doesn't take much) they will bring you in for an in person interview. If they like you, they will bring you in for a second interview. From there, it is a very quick process to get hired (just depends on when the background check comes back). UPS does not hire until it is a necessity, so the process is very quick because they need you!

Ramp Agent Interview

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at UPS (Seattle, WA).

Interview

Initial communication took place in my local community college. Afterward, I was instructed to sit up an appointment at their main hub in Seattle. After signing numerous paperwork and going through background check, I went though an orientation which lasted 3 hours for two day. Upon completing the orientation, you are assigned under a supervisor.

Driver Helper Interview

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at UPS (Seattle, WA) in November 2011.

Interview

It was easy and brief. There was no doubt that any of us would get the job, as long as it worked with our schedules. This is the bottom of the UPS food chain.

Interview Questions

• Can you lift up to 70 pounds?   1 Answer

Negotiation

None.