UPS Specialist Interview Questions | Glassdoor

UPS Specialist Interview Questions

2.8

Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at UPS.

Interview

First a basic phone interview with general questions regarding my resume and compensation preferences. Later there was a more formal panel job interview, where they examined my experiences with data handling.

Interview Questions

• They asked how advanced I was with using Microsoft Excel/VBA, SQL/Microsoft Access. Interview encompassed my background with microsoft suite and other statistics knowledge.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for UPS

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at UPS (Atlanta, GA) in April 2015.

Interview

It was a skype interview since I was out of state. Two people were interviewing. One was a manager and one was my soon to be supervisor. Manager did most of the question asking and supervisor listened. Asked me a series of questions on why I would be best fit, and certain skills. Talked about the job and the on-boarding process.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I did not negotiate because it was a huge bump from what I was making previous.

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at UPS (Atlanta, GA) in January 2015.

Interview

The interview was fairly basic. UPS has a situation based interview to determine if your mentality and problem solving skills are up to their standard. It is also very important that you demonstrate an understanding nature as coming across as harsh towards employees is frowned upon. The interview rooms are small, but not cramped and bottled waters are in room if you need them. It is really a fairly comfortable setting.

Interview Questions

• Did you ever have to persuade a manager above you that your concept was better? Can you tell me how you did that?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at UPS (Atlanta, GA) in November 2013.

Interview

The interview process was fairly easy. I was approached by a recruiter so I did not have to wait a terribly long time to hear back about my application. The process was clearly communicated to me and I had a phone screening along with 2 in-person interviews. The human resources process was helpful and accommodating.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at UPS (Atlanta, GA) in January 2012.

Interview

Got a phone call to verify my eligibility and schedule an interview. Interviewed later that week with a small panel. Fairly easy interview, mostly talking about the position and how good of a fit I would be.

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at UPS (Atlanta, GA) in March 2009.

Interview

Average. Panel. STAR format

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No neg.

Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Singapore (Singapore)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at UPS (Singapore (Singapore)).

Interview

There were two rounds of interviews. One interview was with the hiring manager and another one was with the hiring supervisor and the HR officer. Generally the people here are very friendly and welcoming (including recep).

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself; why do you think you are suitable for this job   Answer Question

Specialist Interview

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at UPS in September 2008.

Interview

UPS is a great start-up company for any student. The thing is, if you work in one of their hubs while still in University they will pay for tuition. After you graduate you can apply via internal process. UPS does not hire from outside if it is able to find talent in the company (it usually does) "Promotion from within."-is a company policy.
    As a student I worked in operations for about 6 month, I then graduated and a month after applied to one of the positions at the office. The interview was simple. I was asked about my experience in the hub and about my education, I was asked a few situational judgment questions. Then given a short MS excel and MS access test. Its hard if you don't know the apps.
    There were 2 interviews, first with a department supervisor, then with the manager.
    The process is harder if you someone from outside the company...best is to get your foot in the door through the hub.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

none.