UPS UPS Loader Interview Questions | Glassdoor

UPS UPS Loader Interview Questions

Interviews at UPS

2.0

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at UPS (Atlanta, GA) in October 2012.

Interview

Filled out a online app and got the call a week later.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

there were none

Other Interview Reviews for UPS

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chelmsford, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at UPS (Chelmsford, MA) in September 2012.

Interview

1. Apply Online (make sure you keep up calling and confirming your application)
    2. they have you take a tour and explain everything from wat to wear and scheduled to union dues and when they get takin out and what your start out pay is to when you start

Interview Questions

• How long till you receive benefits?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Grand Rapids, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at UPS (Grand Rapids, MI) in March 2012.

Interview

first they tour you of the facility, then afterwards they schedule a 1 one 1 interview with HR, then they schedule you a meeting with the department that they plan on having you work for.

Interview Questions

• can you handle physical labor of lifting and lowering packages at a fast paced rate, and what did you do before to prepare you to do do this?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Addison, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at UPS (Addison, IL) in May 2013.

Interview

Application, Phone Call, Computer Interview, Phone Call, Training, Start Working. It was a very easy process and didn't take more than fifteen minutes. The phone call was just to give an interview time. The second interview was just to tell you that you received the job and when the training was to begin. The training took about a week and you get paid like four dollars an hour during the training.

Interview Questions

• Can you lift over 50 pound boxes throughout the 4 hour work shift?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Memphis, TN

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at UPS (Memphis, TN) in May 2011.

Interview

The first step was a group interview to tour the build. Then they interviewed each individual to see what experience we have. At the end of the interview they told us how much we would get paid and told us they would call us if we was hired.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work at UPS?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Negotiation wasn't really an offer but I did ask if they could help me get some administrator experience if I worked extremely hard and didn't miss any days during the position offered.

UPS Loader Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at UPS in December 2014.

Interview

I am not sure if my process was so short because we are a few weeks to Christmas and they are desperate now or if my previous experience helped me. I applied online Thursday, went in for an walk-through/interview that night at the start of the shift I had applied for 11p-4a. About 9 of us showed up we did the walk-through, were told there would be no benefits due to it being temporary, that pay would be $10 an hour and we wold get paid every Friday, we were given the basic run through of our duties and if we wanted to stay and interview now or comeback. Only a few chose to stay, I was only asked why did I want to work for UPS? At least two of us got hired that night pending a passing background check. We filled out all of the employment paperwork online that night so if you do not know your info to log in online make sure you write it down also take your social security card and a photo ID just in case you do get a job offer.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation.

Anonymous Employee in Indianapolis, IN

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at UPS (Indianapolis, IN) in January 2015.

Interview

They show you how hard the loaders work so you can make a decision if you want to try or not. They will hire you if you show up. Easy 10 dollars an hour.

Anonymous Employee in Honolulu, HI

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at UPS (Honolulu, HI) in July 2011.

Interview

Called in to an interview. Interviewer was up front and concise. All of the questions I had were answered. The main focus of the interview was to make sure that I understood what was expected of me should I choose to take the job. I had questions about potential raises (union negotiated) and benefits (no match on 401k for hourly part-timers, but free family medical).

Interview Questions

• Do you understand the physically demanding nature of this job?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in East Syracuse, NY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at UPS (East Syracuse, NY) in February 2014.

Interview

The staff kept things brief and straight forward, They were very professional as well as accommodating. The hiring manager gave the impression he wanted to hire me from the get go.

Anonymous Employee in East Petaluma, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at UPS (East Petaluma, CA) in January 2012.

Interview

It was a group interview early in the morning. It began at the same time that we would have to show up for work, and anyone that showed up late was not allowed to continue with the interview. The idea was that if you showed up late for the interview, than you probably weren't reliable enough to show up for work on time.

Interview Questions

• They asked me what I would do in various employee conflict type situations. Such as, what would I do if I saw someone opening a package?   Answer Question