UPS UPS Package Handler Interview Questions | Glassdoor

UPS UPS Package Handler Interview Questions

Interviews at UPS

1.5

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at UPS (Los Angeles, CA).

Interview

In the beginning you apply this form before you get interview when you complete the paper work you get interview one on one they just ask you simple questions they were friendly nice to me..

Interview Questions

• If i can lift a 70 pound box?   1 Answer
  • If i would get intimidated working with guys?   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for UPS

Anonymous Employee in Laurel, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at UPS (Laurel, MD) in November 2017.

Interview

The hiring manager was amicable. The interview didn't take very long. It was only about 5 - 10 minutes. You will be in a group, and the interviewer will call you one by one. By the way, the interviewer will call you up by who arrived first so try your best to come before anyone else, so you can be the first one to do the interview. For the appointment was a group information session where the hiring manager tell you how it's like to work as a package handler, what you have to do, the benefits of the job, and the salary. Additionally, during the tour, the hiring manager will go into great detail about what jobs there are.

Anonymous Employee in Fort Lauderdale, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at UPS (Fort Lauderdale, FL) in October 2017.

Interview

interview was easy , they try to thin the herd from the beginning by asking questions to allow you to leave as if it will be cool . note that as every one says you will hear "fresh meat" as your interview group enters the building.

Anonymous Employee in Round Rock, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at UPS (Round Rock, TX) in October 2017.

Interview

The entire process was easy and pretty quick. No questions were asked about qualificasyions they just walked us around tonsee how fast paced and physical the job was and thensat us down individually to go over our resumes

Interview Questions

• Which shift are you interested in?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Tempe, AZ

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at UPS (Tempe, AZ) in March 2017.

Interview

Has a group and asked us basic questions about why we should be hired for this. also required us to bring 2 forms of identification. Asked for SSN and other information also

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oklahoma City, OK

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at UPS (Oklahoma City, OK) in August 2016.

Interview

They will show you around the warehouse, ensure that fit for you. The tour or guide will tell you all about the boxes and where the unload goes to the load. They will explain if you are comfortable with temperate, dirty and hard worker.

Interview Questions

• What do you see in yourself for next 6 months ...   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Indianapolis, IN

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at UPS (Indianapolis, IN) in June 2016.

Interview

Easy . Apparently all they are worried about is how many hours you can work.
    Asked me what shift and what location
    went over pay and benefits
    went over safety
    and everything else was just setting me up for my first day.
     no drug test

Anonymous Employee in Baltimore, MD

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at UPS (Baltimore, MD) in March 2017.

Interview

It was easy and straight forward. I was able to have the opportunity to see how the whole operation, and how the work environment goes. It also details great information on why you need to atleast be able to life 75 pounds, because you will have to lift.

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at UPS (Houston, TX) in December 2011.

Interview

Received al call telling me to be at the interview location the next day in "business casual" dress. I wore trousers and a blazer. They asked a few questions to assure I would show up-- they have a high attrition rate because of the physical labour involved. I was asked to show up at 0800 on Friday for orientation. It was a 4-hour process, primarily of safety training and how to do the job. We were done at 12noon and were issued uniforms. By 1400 I was on a truck delivering packages.

There are a lot of people who show up for the interview and are in no physical condition to do the job-- it does take stamina, and it helps to be physically fit. It s a VERY fast-paced environment. They allow anyone who wants to try the job to do so, but close to 50% wash out the first week.

At Christmas, UPS is hemorrhaging packages and its all hands on deck. Decent pay, but it's lots of work.

Interview Questions

• Can you show up on time?   3 Answers
    • Can you pick up packages up to 70 pounds?   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiations, just yes or no. They have so many applicants.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at UPS (Salt Lake City, UT) in March 2010.

Interview

Interview process started with a group orientation and tour. They showed what would be expected and those who did not feel up to it were free to leave at any time. After the tour, there was a sign up sheet for your 1:1 Interview at a later date.

Interview Questions

• Why should we hire you if you have a college degree and will likely move on once you find a "carrer job"   3 Answers