UPS UPS Package Handler Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Nov 2, 2017

1.5

60 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in Laurel, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at UPS (Laurel, MD) in November 2017.

Interview

The hiring manager was amicable. The interview didn't take very long. It was only about 5 - 10 minutes. You will be in a group, and the interviewer will call you one by one. By the way, the interviewer will call you up by who arrived first so try your best to come before anyone else, so you can be the first one to do the interview. For the appointment was a group information session where the hiring manager tell you how it's like to work as a package handler, what you have to do, the benefits of the job, and the salary. Additionally, during the tour, the hiring manager will go into great detail about what jobs there are.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for UPS

Anonymous Employee in Round Rock, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at UPS (Round Rock, TX) in October 2017.

Interview

The entire process was easy and pretty quick. No questions were asked about qualificasyions they just walked us around tonsee how fast paced and physical the job was and thensat us down individually to go over our resumes

Interview Questions

• Which shift are you interested in?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Fort Lauderdale, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at UPS (Fort Lauderdale, FL) in October 2017.

Interview

interview was easy , they try to thin the herd from the beginning by asking questions to allow you to leave as if it will be cool . note that as every one says you will hear "fresh meat" as your interview group enters the building.

Anonymous Employee in Tempe, AZ

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at UPS (Tempe, AZ) in March 2017.

Interview

Has a group and asked us basic questions about why we should be hired for this. also required us to bring 2 forms of identification. Asked for SSN and other information also

Anonymous Employee in Baltimore, MD

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at UPS (Baltimore, MD) in March 2017.

Interview

It was easy and straight forward. I was able to have the opportunity to see how the whole operation, and how the work environment goes. It also details great information on why you need to atleast be able to life 75 pounds, because you will have to lift.

Anonymous Employee in Detroit, MI

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at UPS (Detroit, MI).

Interview

Very structured and organized they were the most detailed interview process that I have ever been through. It's a tribute to their success as an organization. I went through three separate interviews and safety training before I was ever allowed to be inside the facility.

Interview Questions

• Have you had any accidents in the past 12 months   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at UPS (Phoenix, AZ).

Interview

After applying on UPS's website I was directed to schedule an "interview" (a tour of the facility). I guess the goal of this tour is to scare people away who don't quite know what they are getting into with the working conditions, hours, and pay. They let us know up front we only get paid $10 per hour, we will get at least 3 hours a day and as many as 5. We were told that part-time workers are required to work at least a year or they would be considered a negative re-hire and never be able to work there again. We were also told that we could apply for other positions in the building after a year, but that once we do so it may be a 5-7 year wait because of union seniority.

After the tour they take questions and schedule one-on-one interviews. At this interview is where you learn how staunch the hours are and how if your "available" hours don't match their fixed shift hours, to include their flex hours, than you may need find another job. I did my research ahead of time and knew all about the union fees that would be taken out every check, but when I asked the interviewer he dodged the question.

So, $10 and hour, minus union fees = $9 an hour for a minimum of a year where I can put my name on list where I have to wait 5-7 years to move up? Thanks, but no thanks. I can easily find a job making $12 an hour w/o the union fees. If your financially desperate enough or need quick cash (fast hiring process) go for it, otherwise wouldn't recommended this job.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oklahoma City, OK

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at UPS (Oklahoma City, OK) in August 2016.

Interview

They will show you around the warehouse, ensure that fit for you. The tour or guide will tell you all about the boxes and where the unload goes to the load. They will explain if you are comfortable with temperate, dirty and hard worker.

Interview Questions

• What do you see in yourself for next 6 months ...   1 Answer

UPS Package Handler Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at UPS.

Interview

Was sent an email wih confirmation of date and time for job interview and reported at time to find out the email did it on its own wha i was told by Human Resources Agent at facility

Anonymous Employee in Indianapolis, IN

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at UPS (Indianapolis, IN) in June 2016.

Interview

Easy . Apparently all they are worried about is how many hours you can work.
    Asked me what shift and what location
    went over pay and benefits
    went over safety
    and everything else was just setting me up for my first day.
     no drug test