UPS Interview Questions in Wichita, KS | Glassdoor

UPS Interview Questions in Wichita, KS

1.0

Part Time Package Handler Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wichita, KS

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at UPS (Wichita, KS) in April 2016.

Interview

The HR representative was understanding and open in the interview. He/she did not press in any way and it seemed to me there was a genuine effort to get to know me as a person and read my intentions. The interviewer really seemed to want what was best for me.

Interview Questions

• What made you interested in this job? Another Employee, friend, etc.?   Answer Question

Pre-loader Interview

Anonymous Employee in Wichita, KS

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at UPS (Wichita, KS) in September 2015.

Interview

Come in for a tour of the building, talk to a few people from management, then afterwards contact HR if you are interested in the position. It was really simple and to the point.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

There is no negotiation, they pay well enough you don't need to. I have typed about 17 words so far only need about seven more words. "JUST DO IT!" -Shia

Part Time Package Handler Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wichita, KS

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at UPS (Wichita, KS) in October 2014.

Interview

I applied online and it instantly gave me date and time for a tour. I went to the tour, which was being overseen by someone other than the usual person, who was on vacation. During the tour 11 of us watched the people work for a few minutes, then we were told about how important punctuality is and how great working for UPS would be (benefits, great pay, promotion opportunities). Since HR person was on vacation, we were all told to come back the next week.

The next week I came back, and 9 of us showed up for the interview. I came about 10 minutes early but was still the last person there -- I waited in line for an hour and a half, and by the time I got in to do my interview, it was obvious she was bored. While the first interviews took about 20 minutes each, the last five or so took less than half that. I was in there for about seven minutes. Questions were typical -- Why do I want to work at UPS, questions about my school/schedule, if I'm willing to get proper boots (they said boots were required -- but I didn't see anyone wearing boots working), description of what I'll be doing on the job and asking if I can do these things.

I was told I'll be getting a call in about a week after she interviews that week's applicants. At the writing of this review, it has been one week and they interviewed the applicants today. I have yet to receive a call, although I may get a call tomorrow or the day after.

On the positive side, before the interviews the interviewer was a pleasant lady, and all of the other employees seemed to have bright personalities. While waiting for the interview, I had a nice chat with a driver, and then a more nicely dressed man who I assume works in a higher up position in the facility.

On the negative side, this experience has left me feeling that UPS does not respect my time and exploits the fact that people need jobs. Scheduled interviews like those held in most other jobs would've been much preferred.

Interview Questions

• No difficult questions. Unexpected: I was drilled concerning my workout routines, and she drilled in on every little detail (down to my pace starting a run and ending a run, how many sets I do in my workouts, type of workouts, weights used, if I alternate days, etc, and she wrote it all down).   Answer Question