URS Corporation GIS Specialist Interview Questions | Glassdoor

URS Corporation GIS Specialist Interview Questions

2 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

GIS Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Santa Maria, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at URS Corporation (Santa Maria, CA) in August 2013.

Interview

I submitted application online in August and was called by a hiring manager 3 weeks later. We scheduled a phone interview. I was interviewed via phone because I was applying for a relocation position so they accommodated the distance. Phone interview was with two senior team members. I was asked to come into the office a few days later and I came for an in person interview. I was asked to submit work examples. In person interview discussed short and long term goals but most questions were all covered in first interview. Interview process in total took 3 months in total and was considered "accelerated".

Interview Questions

• What are your short and long term goals with URS?   Answer Question
  • What experience have you had which will directly improve your work here?   Answer Question
  • Have you worked in consulting before? Do you know about billability?   Answer Question

Negotiation

I asked for higher salary and was granted. Negotiations took one week.

Other Interview Reviews for URS Corporation

GIS Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at URS Corporation.

Interview

Applied online, contacted via phone about 2 weeks after, 2 on-site interviews - about a 3 month process overall.

The on-site interviews involved both technical and behavioral questions.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a time where you missed a deadline and how you dealt with it.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Was asked for a range during 1st interview, then after 2nd interview manager made a verbal offer before sending offer letter. Offer was above requested range, so I was satisfied and didn't negotiate.