URS Corporation Interview Questions | Glassdoor

URS Corporation Interview Questions

2.5

Aircraft Mechanic Interview

Anonymous Employee in Norfolk, VA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at URS Corporation (Norfolk, VA) in May 2014.

Interview

The interview was tailored towards basic troubleshooting and safety knowledge. Very open about what was expected from a worker, and the consequences for failing to following the 4790 maintenance manual.

Interview Questions

• How would a supervisor handle a conflict between workers?   1 Answer

Negotiation

there was no negotiating, but the good thing is that the company hires within, so getting qualified in an important aspect in ensuring that you have the right qualifications when a position does become available.

Contract Administrative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Detroit, MI

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at URS Corporation (Detroit, MI) in October 2011.

Interview

challenging to schedule an interview with extremely busy managers and staff.
    hiring process was longer than I expected.
    the terms of the project were understated which means the job lasted much longer.
    the face to face interview was finally arranged well after business hours at the managers kitchen table at their house.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

ok and fairly standard

Planner Interview

Anonymous Employee in Oakland, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at URS Corporation (Oakland, CA) in February 2011.

Interview

One of the easiest interview processes I've had, but I think it really depends on who you are interviewing with. A friend of mine interviewed and was given a pop quiz.

I had a casual, relaxed conversation, and I didn't have to deal with multiple rounds of interviews which was nice. I was done in under an hour, and I received an offer a week later.

Planning Interview

Anonymous Employee in Toledo, OH

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at URS Corporation (Toledo, OH) in February 2009.

Interview

Had worked with staff throughout the company in a previous capacity, earlier in my career. A project developed that my skills and talents were recognized to be of value. I assisted in developing the position description, it was advertised publicly, and I was put through a comprehensive interview and background check process. Internal approvals and procedural requirements between local management and corporate HR took time to be patient about as internal requirements were satisfied and worked through.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Very limited negotiation, on the one hand. On the other, as the position was developed pretty specifically, crafting the development of the role was a form of negotiation.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at URS Corporation.

Interview

First phone call with some basic question

Interview Questions

Negotiation

they offer very low salary

Staff Accountant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at URS Corporation (Austin, TX) in December 2011.

Interview

Received a call from HR for an interview. I was interviewed by the Accounting Supervisor. Interviewed lasted for 25 minutes. She asked me about my work experience and that's pretty much it. Employees look very nice and friendly. Would love to work at URS but they never called me back after the interview. I contacted HR twice to follow up, but no reply from them.

Staff Accountant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at URS Corporation.

Interview

Position was offered to me at a low end and negotiation were not optional. It took a total of 4 months from the first interview to the final interview.

Negotiation

none

Multiple Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at URS Corporation (Denver, CO) in May 2012.

Interview

I have now interviewed 3 times with this company for 2 positions in 2 offices in my area. For the first, I was contacted by a recruiter for a phone interview, then contacted for an in person interview. Had to fill out their form with all of my resume information a couple days ahead of time, then had the interview. Interviewer said that the HR person would contact me in the next week to get an overview of the benefits. HR did not call, so I contacted person with whom I interviewed. I received an apology and was told that they wanted me to interview with 2 project managers about a particular position on a project. That interview happened approximately 2 weeks later. At that time, I also met with the HR person regarding benefits. After 2 weeks of hearing nothing, I called the HR person with whom I met (who did not call me back), and emailed the HR person who originally contacted me 6-8 weeks previous. After a couple days, I was informed that the positions for which I was being considered were on hold as the projects were pushed to Q1, Q2 2013.

However, the positions are still showing up as advertised.

Collections Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at URS Corporation (Phoenix, AZ) in March 2014.

Interview

Signed in with security, then had to fill out a job application, do an aptitude test which took about 45 minutes. Then talked with the General Manager about my qualifications and experience.

Operations Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at URS Corporation (Salt Lake City, UT) in May 2010.

Interview

The recruiter called to do a pre-screen they then asked me to come in for an interview a few days later I interviewed with the manager and an HR rep.