URS Corporation Interview Questions | Glassdoor

URS Corporation Interview Questions

2.6

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at URS Corporation (New York, NY) in December 2015.

Interview

Spoke on the phone with the CEO of Bainbridge. The job was listed as a research intern position which I would expect would be for pay. The job was no pay but there would be opportunity to start one's own business. I was not impressed by the interview with the company overall and would not recommend interning here.

Civil/Geotechnical Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at URS Corporation.

Interview

Interviewed with a panel. Hiring manager I could tell immediately I wouldn't want to work for him and that I would not be a good fit. He seemed pretty childish and ill prepared. The other guy was very professional and prepared. If he were the manger I would have felt different about the job. I had a phone screening and a interview. Screening went well, but I lost interest in the follow-up interview especially when they wouldn't tell why employees had left the position. Seemed like there was a problem. I am not disheartened at all about not getting an offer. Lastly, manger lied in call. These types are the worst to work for... Serious red flag for me. I didn't ask when I should expect to hear from them or anything. I am sure my disinterest was displayed.

Interview Questions

• Interviewer wasn't prepared. I asked most of the questions. Any questions pertained to my experience.   Answer Question

Graduate Water Resources Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at URS Corporation in February 2015.

Interview

I applied online through URS portal. After 1 month they contacted me for a telephone interview with the project manager.I did not have a HR interview. I had a 30 minutes phone call conversation where the questions were mostly technical and team related. I got a call from the HR within one week saying that I was selected for the next round which was a skype call interview with multiple project managers. As the job location was far from the place I lived, they wanted to complete the entire process on phone.They asked me questions for about an hour which were highly technical and a couple of them were related to my managerial skills.

Environmental Scientist/Geologist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at URS Corporation.

Interview

The interview process was quite long and exhaustive. I met five different people in the department for which the job opening was. They asked me many of the same questions and explained a lot of what they did, but didn't say much of what the position's duties would entail. I thought it could have been much more succinct and efficient.

Interview Questions

• What will you be able to contribute to this company short-term as well as long-term?   Answer Question

Environmental Scientist Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at URS Corporation in January 2015.

Interview

I talked to a recruiter at a university career fair - I was later e-mailed for an interview the next day. The first interview was to see if I was qualified to work in any of the departments of URS. The second interview was over the phone and lasted around 25-30 minutes. It went well and I was invited to a full day interview about a month later. My interview is coming up this week, so I haven't quite finished the interviewing process! However, I've been told that I will have to give a 20 minute presentation, as well as meet with about 5-6 people throughout the day.

Interview Questions

• The phone interview included basic behavioral questions - where do you see yourself in 5-10 years? What kind of experience do you have in (engineering, environmental science, geology, etc.).   Answer Question

Project Manager Interview

Interview

I expected considerably more professionalism and consideration of more than a decade of experience in lieu of a formal degree for what is essentially, a field position. The interview questions did not accurately represent the job at hand and the interviewer was not approachable to address anything other than what her script reflected. The epitome of a HR being disconnected from the realities of the actual work performed by the company.

Interview Questions

• Asking how to deal with sexual advances.   1 Answer

Sensor Operator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Las Vegas, NV

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at URS Corporation (Las Vegas, NV) in December 2014.

Interview

The interview was scheduled a week in advance but I was notified two days prior that it would be a phone interview, not face-to-face. Overall, the interview was basic with questions regarding my technical experience and providing information about the company and the benefits. At the conclusion of the interview, I was told that I'd know after the holiday if a decision was made. I did not hear back after and so I reached out to the Interviewer via email and was told that there was no decision made. I reached out again at the end of January and have not received a response so I assume that the position is still contingent or another candidate was selected.

Interview Questions

• Technical questions about experience and background and willingness to accept shift work.   Answer Question

Entry Level Chemist Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at URS Corporation in October 2014.

Interview

Standard interview questions. I handed them my resume at a University Career fair and they called me back for an interview regarding whether I qualified for any positions throughout the company. The recruiters hosted an info session the day before the interviews were held, where you could get 1:1 time with your interviewer before you interview.

Interview Questions

• None. They asked the most basic of questions: What drives you? What are your future plans? Why would you want to work with us? etc.   Answer Question

Billing Associate Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at URS Corporation.

Interview

Two step process with current employees. I felt as if they already knew who they wanted but were going through the steps to make it seem fair. The interview went well, I felt very positive, received both the one on one interview and the panel interview, yet did not receive the job. Asked later for pointers on how to improve interview next or for feedback that would help me to avoid any danger areas that I may have stumbled into, never received follow-up.

Graduate Planner Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at URS Corporation in July 2014.

Interview

Very straight-forward interview with the people I would have been working with. Don't over-prepare for trick questions like I did. Be measured and comprehensive. Chances are they are trying to gauge your communication skills and professional manner, not your specific knowledge. Be prepared to discuss accomplishments on your resume in a way that does them justice. I regret using the term "y'all."