URS Corporation Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Apr 16, 2017

2.5

Billing Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at URS Corporation (Tampa, FL).

Interview

Interview process was very thorough and informative. They asked about my employment history, why I left each position, what my skills were. Told me about the benefits and the process of when they were going to hire someone.

Interview Questions

• What was one of my strengths   1 Answer

Technical Writer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Stockton, UT

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at URS Corporation (Stockton, UT).

Interview

Initially there was a phone interview to screen for compatibility and availability. Then I was required to take several skills exams at the location. The next step was several in person panel interviews at the location. Each interview lasted approximately an hour and had between two and three interviewers. The next step was an extensive health screening & drug test. The last step was a comprehensive background check.

Interview Questions

• What make me the best candidate for the position.   1 Answer

Sheet Metal Mechanic Interview

Anonymous Employee in Warner Robins, GA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at URS Corporation (Warner Robins, GA).

Interview

Most of it was conducted through their online website by me submitting my resume and having someone contact me by phone and e-mail to let me know I had been accepted for the position.

Interview Questions

• Mainly concentrated on national security questions for the position.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at URS Corporation (New York, NY) in December 2015.

Interview

Spoke on the phone with the CEO of Bainbridge. The job was listed as a research intern position which I would expect would be for pay. The job was no pay but there would be opportunity to start one's own business. I was not impressed by the interview with the company overall and would not recommend interning here.

Pricing Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Norfolk, VA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at URS Corporation (Norfolk, VA) in October 2015.

Interview

Multi step process. Had three phone interviews that spanned two weeks. Then was invited to come to the work site and interview in person with the same three people. Once in person, I was also able to meet my potential staff and ask questions which was helpful. Later I met with the Sr VP who asked me what my expectations were and I laid out things that I would want in order to come to the company. After that I met with all three people again and was told that I would be hearing from HR and that they wanted to hire me.

Interview Questions

• Mostly about my profess and what kinds of experience I have.   1 Answer
    • What is your philosophy on life?   1 Answer

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at URS Corporation.

Interview

I was called on the phone and asked about my strengths in classes, my professional interests, and I was given a run-down of the kinds of projects the division I would be interning in would be tackling. I was also given a run-down of the kind of work done at a sister office in the same metro area.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at URS Corporation.

Interview

Panel with multiple managers, HR and Security. Very friendly and as relaxed as possible. I was nervous at the Panel idea but much easier than 1:1. I was pleasantly surprised at how nice everyone was. Would recommend a panel interview.

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Louis, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at URS Corporation (Saint Louis, MO) in May 2015.

Interview

Email reply from company they were interested in interviewing me. Set up time with HR representative and was told it would be a behaviour assessment interview. Time was over a period of two weeks, so very easy to fit into schedule.

Interview Questions

• What is a project you initiated and implemented? Was it well received and what process did you go through to get it approved.   1 Answer

Salary limits: with traveling to/from location, wasn't worth the trip if the salary wasn't up to expectations.

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at URS Corporation.

Interview

Met with 5 staff members including several project managers and the department head. I was asked general questions about my resume, my experience and student projects while in college. It lasted several hours and was followed up by a phone call from the department head.

Interview Questions

• Details about an engineering project during my jr and sr years of college.   1 Answer

Civil/Geotechnical Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at URS Corporation.

Interview

Interviewed with a panel. Hiring manager I could tell immediately I wouldn't want to work for him and that I would not be a good fit. He seemed pretty childish and ill prepared. The other guy was very professional and prepared. If he were the manger I would have felt different about the job. I had a phone screening and a interview. Screening went well, but I lost interest in the follow-up interview especially when they wouldn't tell why employees had left the position. Seemed like there was a problem. I am not disheartened at all about not getting an offer. Lastly, manger lied in call. These types are the worst to work for... Serious red flag for me. I didn't ask when I should expect to hear from them or anything. I am sure my disinterest was displayed.

Interview Questions

• Interviewer wasn't prepared. I asked most of the questions. Any questions pertained to my experience.   Answer Question