URS Corporation Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Apr 16, 2017

2.5

Heavy Equipment Mechanic Interview

Anonymous Employee in Barstow, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at URS Corporation (Barstow, CA) in August 2014.

Interview

Very punctual direct and theral 1 on 1 interview for about 30 to 45 minutes questions ask where how long I have been a mechanic , how do I get along with others and are you ready to work!

IT Support Interview

Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

Interview

Haring was a lengthy process. There were two sets of interviews and the decision took several weeks. The interviews were conducted by several members of the team and were fairly routine.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiations

Graduate Planner Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at URS Corporation in July 2014.

Interview

Very straight-forward interview with the people I would have been working with. Don't over-prepare for trick questions like I did. Be measured and comprehensive. Chances are they are trying to gauge your communication skills and professional manner, not your specific knowledge. Be prepared to discuss accomplishments on your resume in a way that does them justice. I regret using the term "y'all."

Air Quality Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at URS Corporation.

Interview

They asked me basic interview question and say i'm quiet fit in this position, but they cant offer me H1B visa, so they cannot hire me. But they do gave me good advices about how to apply to job in the future.

Project Engineer Interview

Interview

Applied on-line, received a call a few days later, asking about my qualifications. Not sure if my resume submitted was actually read. A month later I receive another phone call to schedule a phone interview. Had a phone interview two days later. The recruiter knew nothing about the position I applied for. I was asked if I had plans to get an advanced degree. My response was is it required for the position? No it's not required was the reply, not sure why that would be a question during an initial phone screen. Received notice a few days later the position was cancelled. Pretty unprofessional experience, not impressed with this company.

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at URS Corporation.

Interview

I applied online and hiring manager called me after several months.
    the process took 1 week / Interviewed on the phone and took less than 30 minutes / Walk me through my resume.

Transportation Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at URS Corporation (Chicago, IL) in June 2014.

Interview

Great interview with highly talented group. Had a positive interview that made me want to join team. Unfortunately relocation and merger with AECOM complicated the process. Once the merger is complete I expect this to create a superstar in Transportation Engineering.

Interview Questions

• Asked how I deal with conflict management. Great question!   Answer Question

Aircraft Mechanic Interview

Anonymous Employee in Norfolk, VA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at URS Corporation (Norfolk, VA) in May 2014.

Interview

The interview was tailored towards basic troubleshooting and safety knowledge. Very open about what was expected from a worker, and the consequences for failing to following the 4790 maintenance manual.

Interview Questions

• How would a supervisor handle a conflict between workers?   1 Answer

Negotiation

there was no negotiating, but the good thing is that the company hires within, so getting qualified in an important aspect in ensuring that you have the right qualifications when a position does become available.

Geologist Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at URS Corporation in May 2014.

Interview

Applied online, in person interview. spoke with four different project managers and was taken to lunch. informal interviews. was able to ask a lot of questions too.

Project Manager Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at URS Corporation.

Interview

Very forward and clear about the job position and salary.