URS Corporation Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Mar 27, 2017

2.5

Senior Environmental Scientist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at URS Corporation (Chicago, IL).

Interview

Two interviews. Possible the best interviews I have ever been on.

Human Resources Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Carlsbad, NM

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at URS Corporation (Carlsbad, NM).

Interview

Clumsy not very professional.

Civil Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Baton Rouge, LA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at URS Corporation (Baton Rouge, LA).

Interview

I loved the work culture and the interviews themselves. I was interviewed by two different groups - Geotech and Infrastructure. I decided to go with Infrastructure because the managers were so nice and the work seemed to be what I wanted to do.

Mechanical Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Norfolk, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at URS Corporation (Norfolk, VA) in April 2014.

Interview

Why did you choose to be a Mechanical Engineer?

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at URS Corporation (San Francisco, CA).

Interview

My interview was simple because they need a person with my skills. The VP is a stand up person and just expects you to do your job. Very easy to work with.

Graduate Water/Wastewater Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 8 weeks. I interviewed at URS Corporation (Washington, DC) in March 2014.

Interview

2 month process - applied online and then had a follow up in an email after which I got an interview. The interviewer asked me several technical questions and they were a little unexpected.

Interview Questions

• Did the amount of work you put in reflect on your GPA?   Answer Question

Entry Level Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at URS Corporation (Philadelphia, PA) in March 2014.

Interview

Good questions, not too technical. Phone interview and then went into the office for an in-person interview. The manager who interviewed me was very nice and genuinely seemed to care about what my skills and experience were.

Interview Questions

• If you were in a bad situation with a group, how did you resolve the issue with your group mates if they were not on the same page as you?   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at URS Corporation.

Interview

I was turned down by the computer genereated reviewer. But then a week later I was contacted by a recruiter. I had a phone interview with the recruiter the following monday and by thursday of that same week I had and in-person interview. By friday (the next day) they were starting the background check. And they actually called all 3 of my references. In-person interview should have lasted an hour but I had many questions and last much longer. I thought this interview process went very quickly, not sure if this is standard for the company.

Negotiation

They offered to pay for relocation but if you are unsure about the job, do not take the relocation money. You will have to pay back if you do not stay at the company for longer than a year!

Engineering Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Ijamsville, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at URS Corporation (Ijamsville, MD) in February 2014.

Interview

Was very casual, interviewer made me feel comfortable and open. Great experience. Started with a one on one interview and then was interviewed by the head engineer followed by the shop boss. All were respectful and pleasant. Of all the job interviews I have had, this one was one of the best.

Scheduler-Planner Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at URS Corporation.

Interview

As with most companies, the initial application process is online so need to include key words in resume. Then a phone interview with some brief interest questions. Lastly a face-to-face. Expect safety related questions along with relevant experience.

Interview Questions

• HR does the hiring so they will probably ask more difficult level questions than the job actually requires because the rep doesn't know exactly what you will be doing. Be prepared to have to know more than the job will require.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Not much room for negotiating due to their strict pay structure. They bill the client for a limited range of salary. Try to get a little more, but know they may be bringing you in close to the most they will be able to pay.