URS Corporation Interview Questions | Glassdoor

URS Corporation Interview Questions

Updated Apr 16, 2017

2.5

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at URS Corporation.

Interview

First phone call with some basic question

Interview Questions

Negotiation

they offer very low salary

Process Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in College Station, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at URS Corporation (College Station, TX) in October 2013.

Interview

Emailed to set up an interview time. Worked well to accommodate a time interview lasted about 30 minutes. It was a normal interview process. Let me know in 2-3 weeks that they did not have a place for me.

Interview Questions

• Tell us what sets you apart from the other applicants. How should we remember you?   Answer Question

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at URS Corporation (Denver, CO) in October 2013.

Interview

I was rehired using a telephone and web-based application process. I had been laid off the previous year and a client requested that I be rehired to work on a project. So the local office cooperated and expedited the hiring process because I was needed immediately on the project.

Interview Questions

• None - they had already decided to hire me. There really was not an interview. I just filled out the web application and attached my resume.   1 Answer

Negotiation

There was no negotiation. I was hired back as a temporary at my old salary w/o benefits .

Graduate Traffic Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at URS Corporation (San Jose, CA) in October 2013.

Interview

I had an interview in october 2013. They had very straight forward question regarding my experience with softwares required for the position

Civil Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at URS Corporation in September 2013.

Interview

Applied online. Next day received an email saying 'thanks for applying, but we are no longer considering you for this position'. Several weeks later received an email asking to call them if I was still interested. I called and the first impression was positive. A phone interview followed. Later a job offer came (without any additional interviews or ever meeting anyone in person). Hiring process seemed extremely atypical.

Interview Questions

• No hard or tricky questions. Asked me to explain past professional experience, and why I became an engineer.   Answer Question

Negotiation

They asked my desired salary range. They came back with a lower offer. Tried to negotiate for more.

Senior Inspector Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at URS Corporation.

Interview

Usually first you get interviewed by the client. If the client likes you then URS HIRES

CAD TECH ( Junior ) Interview

Interview

Was initially turned down in ONLY interview.

Telecommunications Analyst Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at URS Corporation.

Interview

Interview Questions

• Came over from Apptis, so no interview. Did a lot of hiring for Apptis, so the question most asked was, "with your experiences, what can you bring to the table in filling this position"?   Answer Question

Marketing Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at URS Corporation (Boston, MA).

Interview

HR phone screen, then group interview, then one on one interview, then drug screen.
    Yes, for a marketing position.

Negotiation

Too many people involved in the negotiation phase. I felt pressured to say yes.

Senior Planner Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at URS Corporation.

Interview

Was a temp, submitted my resume, was hired within a week. No reference checks.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I came from out of state in 2005 for another job that didn't last. I was unemployed for a year, idle and broke. They offered me fair market value for my experience with no questions. I was stupid because I could have bargained for more but times and circumstances being what they were, I made a good deal.