URS Corporation Project Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

URS Corporation Project Engineer Interview Questions

2.8

Project Engineer Interview

Interview

Applied on-line, received a call a few days later, asking about my qualifications. Not sure if my resume submitted was actually read. A month later I receive another phone call to schedule a phone interview. Had a phone interview two days later. The recruiter knew nothing about the position I applied for. I was asked if I had plans to get an advanced degree. My response was is it required for the position? No it's not required was the reply, not sure why that would be a question during an initial phone screen. Received notice a few days later the position was cancelled. Pretty unprofessional experience, not impressed with this company.

Other Interview Reviews for URS Corporation

Project Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at URS Corporation.

Interview

Got a call from HR to come to interview with project manager. Another day interview with vice president.

Interview Questions

• What was the most challenging political situation that has happened to you in your career?   Answer Question
    • What did your previous boss best and worst?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Sacramento, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at URS Corporation (Sacramento, CA) in February 2013.

Interview

I was referred by a former employee. I presented a top tier resume package for the positions I was interested in, had productive screening conversations with HR and Sr. Management, had excellent interviews, and a couple weeks later received a job offer. I compared the total package with the other offers I had received, and chose to go with URS based on diversity of market, future growth potential, stability and reputation.

Interview Questions

• What would you do to help us maintain the schedule of this project given x,y,z occurs?   Answer Question

Negotiation

Simple. I knew my market value, and I knew what the company's perks were. I had great interviews, so I basically named my salary.

Anonymous Employee in Santa Ana, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at URS Corporation (Santa Ana, CA) in August 2012.

Interview

Basic in-person interview with junior member of the team.
    got call back for second interview with department head.

everyone was very friendly and most questions are behavioral based.
    not too much technical questions

Interview Questions

Negotiation

tried to negotiate for higher salary, was not successful. accept as it is

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oakland, CA

Application

The process took 2 days. I interviewed at URS Corporation (Oakland, CA) in November 2011.

Interview

Very laid back, more personality than technical.

Project Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at URS Corporation in January 2011.

Interview

Vague. Company advertised job. Interviewed and hiring manager did not have courtesy to return messages left to follow up on outcome.

Interview Questions

• How would you fit into the group? (Only met with senior manager.)   Answer Question