URS Corporation Systems Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

URS Corporation Systems Engineer Interview Questions

2.3

3 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at URS Corporation (Denver, CO).

Interview

HR communication was terrible. Took forever to get an offer. I found out that many people were leaving. Revolving door of employees. Not a good explanation of the position vs. what it was when I worked there. The group was dysfunctional and needed lots of work. Management was not too interested in that.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Ask for money up front because raises are not good. Raises did not meet cost of living. Benefits were very expensive. Seems like the burden is shifted to the employee to minimize cost to the company. Noticed the morale was very low after I started working there as employees were unhappy about raises after the division did well the previous year.

Other Interview Reviews for URS Corporation

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

The process took 3 days. I interviewed at URS Corporation (Washington, DC) in January 2012.

Interview

The interview process began with me responding to the company's website posting for a systems engineer. I think that it may have taken 3 weeks before I received a call from one of URS (Apptis') recruiters. As far as recruiters go, she was fairly helpful. Even going as far as suggesting that my time spent obtaining my Masters degree, could count as "years of experience". Which is a practice some companies use, whereas other's won't.
    The recruiter forwarded my resume to the program manager that posted the position. I'd say it took about 2-3 weeks before I heard back that they wanted to bring me in for a face to face meeting, with the program manager. The position was in D.C., near the customer's site, but at the URS-Apptis building.
    The interview process was straightforward from there. One meeting, with the program manager from URS.

First, he described the position. He asked about my resume basically, as relevant to the position. Since the position was a senior position that involved being on the customer site the bulk of the time, I was questioned regarding my comfort level with being at the customer site, and my previous levels of customer interaction, etc., Finally I was asked to take a "test case" type exam. It involved reading over a fictional business case and answering accordingly.

Everyone I met or spoke with, all 2 people, seemed like good people. I was told that I interviewed well, and that the next step would be to pass my resume along to the customer whom URS was filling the req. for. However, I did not hear back after several weeks.

Interview Questions

• No technical questions were asked, but I was asked to fill out a business case type exam   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Anniston, AL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at URS Corporation (Anniston, AL) in May 2010.

Interview

Was a two step process. HR initial phone screen. Nothing complicated there. On site with hiring manager and a almost silent co-worker. Basic resume run down. A few situation question. Very basic

Negotiation

What are your salary requirement? Is this enough? Wow!