US Air Force Air Force Officer Interview Questions

Updated Dec 31, 2016

To filter interviews, or .

Interviews at US Air Force

2.8
HardAverageEasy
Found 9 candidate interviews
Anonymous Employee in Clinton Township, MI
Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 12 months. I interviewed at US Air Force (Clinton Township, MI) in Mar 2016

Interview

The interview was conducted by my local recruiting station's commanding officer which in my case was a Captain. First, we went over my application resume and he asked me about my previous leadership positions from both high school and college. Then, he asked me a few questions including why I wanted to become an officer in the United States Air Force and what personal characteristics I possessed that made me qualified to lead Airmen. He then asked me a couple situational questions where I had to answer how I would react and handle specific situations that I might encounter as an officer in the military. Finally, I was able to ask him questions about anything I wanted to know (which I highly recommend doing during any interview, not just with the military). Overall, the interview was semi-casual and felt like a normal conversation at times.

Interview Questions
  • As a relatively young candidate (age 23), if you were to enter the Air Force as an officer with no prior military experience, how would you go about doing your job effectively?
    Answer Question
Anonymous Employee in Milwaukee, WI
Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 months. I interviewed at US Air Force (Milwaukee, WI)

Interview

Spoke with a recruiter then met with an active duty officer. The recruiter of course was trying to get me to sign up, as his job is getting more people in. The officer however actually had some more interview type questions. He had to submit a final recommendation on my application package. I submitted the paperwork out of high school for a scholarship, and was awarded the opportunity. Otherwise there was no formal interview process for the position.

Interview Questions
  • What do you see yourself doing in the Air Force?
Anonymous Employee in Eglin AFB, FL
Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 12 months. I interviewed at US Air Force (Eglin AFB, FL)

Interview

This is based on 'Whole Person Concept' and attitude, it does not "do it justice" to explain here. To become an Officer, there are 3 typical ways: Graduate the U.S. Air Force Academy, attend Air Force R.O.T.C. and graduate College, or be selected and complete Officer Training School at Maxwell AFB, AL. Your career field selection is weighed with your performance in the lengthy application process.

Interview Questions
  • "Whole Person Concept" based, some of the (if not the) most scrutinized job selection aspects in the Country.
Anonymous Employee in United States
Application

I interviewed at US Air Force (United States)

Interview

BA required along with required training. Training and screening process is very intensive depending on the position that you are interviewing for. There are dozens of different positions ranging from military aviation to support.

Interview Questions
  • Why do you want to serve when there exist the potential to go to war/harm's way
Anonymous Employee in United States
Application

I interviewed at US Air Force (United States)

Interview

You need a four year college degree. Commissioning source either college ROTC, service academy, or OTS. Scholarships available, but flux every year on what they're looking for. There's never a safe career field. Once you're hired, you will have to compete to keep your job every year.

Interview Questions
US Air Force
Anonymous Employee in United States
Application

I interviewed at US Air Force (United States)

Interview

There was no formal interview process.

Interview Questions
US Air Force
Anonymous Employee in United States
Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 9 months. I interviewed at US Air Force (United States)

Interview

Varies between Air Force Academy, AFROTC and OTS.

Interview Questions
  • Are you willing to die for your country?
Anonymous Employee in Charlottesville, IN
Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at US Air Force (Charlottesville, IN) in Jun 2012

Interview

4 years of ROTC and successful completion of a summer camp between sophomore and junior years. Following successful completion of the college classes through 4 years of school, I received a commission and was appointed a second lieutenant in the United States Air Force. It was a great opportunity, following 4 years of hard work, and it has been the best job ever since.

Interview Questions
  • If we put you in charge of 15 Airmen, how would you lead them to get the mission done?
Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA
Application

I applied in-person. The process took 6 months. I interviewed at US Air Force (Los Angeles, CA) in Mar 2011

Interview

A short interview with a random captain. She didn't really know what was going on. More of a farcical formality than anything. She just talked to me really. No meaningful questions.