US Air Force Airman Interview Questions | Glassdoor

US Air Force Airman Interview Questions

Updated Apr 28, 2017

1.9

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at US Air Force (Houston, TX).

Interview

Meet with a recruiter. Take the ASVAB and a physical and pick a job you qualify for. Then swear into the delayed enlistment program and wait to leave for basic military training in San Antonio

Interview Questions

• Do you have any law violations   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for US Air Force

Anonymous Employee in Oklahoma City, OK

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at US Air Force (Oklahoma City, OK).

Interview

They ask about drug use and medical history. Try and sell you on the mission and get you all amped. Talk about the benefits and how often you'll travel. Make all sorts of promises they cannot keep.

Anonymous Employee in Oklahoma City, OK

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at US Air Force (Oklahoma City, OK).

Interview

Extensive review of medical history, medical examination, check of grades and background check for legal infractions. You must take the ASVAB and score high enough to get the better jobs.

Interview Questions

• Questions regarding medical history, legal infractions, ability to adapt to military life.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 7+ months. I interviewed at US Air Force (Denver, CO).

Interview

The Air Force recruiter helped me to first identify my aptitudes and then helped fit me to a position currently being sought by the Air Force. The recruiter also informed me about incentive and retention programs, alerted me to certain features of the initial training process and helped me to enhance my skills and qualifications to make me more successful in my early career.

Interview Questions

• Are you a high school graduate.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Grand Island, NE

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at US Air Force (Grand Island, NE).

Interview

The interview process...is more of a "let's sign you up" without promising you anything. When I enlisted over 20 years ago...there weren't many promises...but I did get to pick my job based upon my ASVAB scores. There's not so much an interview as there is a bunch of questions asking about who you are, etc.

Airman Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at US Air Force.

Interview

there is not an interview, or there wasn't one 22 years ago when I joined. During the time frame that I joined the military it was very easy. From what I understand it is much more difficult now, mostly due to the fact that the economy is so bad.

Airman Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at US Air Force.

Interview

Contact a recruiter and convey your interest in joining. Undergo brief interview process to determine eligibility. You'll then take a practice ASVAB prior to the real one. This will determine your potential job preferences. Decide on a job, wait for a confirmed class date and then process MEPS and swear in as a defender of this great nation.

Interview Questions

• None that come to mind. Note that prior drug use and any criminal act will be taken into consideration and may become a disqualifying factor.   Answer Question

Application

Interview

Go to local recruiter and talk about interests, take ASVAB and evaluate scores to potential jobs you would be interested in. Go to MEPS and get cleared for Basic Training.

Negotiation

N/A

Anonymous Employee in Tallahassee, FL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at US Air Force (Tallahassee, FL).

Interview

The recruiter will ask a lot of questions to determine the suitability of military service. They will ask about drug use, medical history, and financial history. They will also have you take the ASVAB test to see which jobs you can qualify for. Depending on the job you may have an extended wait to leave for basic military training. Alternatively, once you pass through the meps examination you may get to leave right away if you pick a general job or if someone drops out of the program before leaving.

Interview Questions

• There was not any unexpected questions that they asked.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I was able to get college loan repayment and start out at E-3 paygrade because of college courses.

Airman Interview

Interview

Straight forward. Recruiter, testing and physical exam, take the oath

Negotiation

None