US Air Force Interview Questions in Dayton, OH | Glassdoor

Updated Nov 15, 2016

2.3

Buyer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dayton, OH

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at US Air Force (Dayton, OH).

Interview

The interview process was very straight forward. I arrived 15 minutes early and checked in. The interview was scheduled to be 30 minutes, as they had multiple scheduled back to back. A panel of three interviewers asked standard interview questions - what's your experience, etc.

Interview Questions

• Name three uses for a pencil other than a writing utensil.
      Give us examples of a time when you negotiated a deal.
      Tell us a little bit about yourself.
      Answer Question

Electronics Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dayton, OH

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at US Air Force (Dayton, OH).

Interview

I had approximately five interviews for my current position. Two phone interviews. In person interview with the supervisor, then a interview with the team leads, the finally was asked to do a presentation on my research. The interview consisted of many technical, personality and personal questions. They are assuring that you have the technical understanding and that you will be a good fit for the position.

Interview Questions

• Are you okay with supporting research that may result in destroying targets, blowing things up... Including humans?   1 Answer

Contract Specialist (Copper Cap) Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dayton, OH

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at US Air Force (Dayton, OH) in June 2015.

Interview

As far as I know, there is usually only one interview administered for this position. Mine was a panel interview with four people, who were given scripted questions to ask. No one deviated from the questions as they were written, and very little response is given to answers. I walked out of this interview thinking I had bombed it because the interviewers were so stoic the whole time. They told me I would find out within two weeks whether I had been placed on the "to be hired when we have allocations" list, and a week later I was called an offered a job.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you had to negotiate.   Answer Question
    • Scenario Question: You have several tasks to complete by the end of the day, and not enough time to complete all of them. How do you handle this situation?   1 Answer

Negotiation

There is no salary negotiation for this job, it's a GS-9 Target 12 internship.

Program Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dayton, OH

Application

I interviewed at US Air Force (Dayton, OH) in January 2014.

Interview

The interview process is easier than its civilian counterparts. Often positions are screened for potential candidates at the senior leadership level and what is best for the overall organization.

Clerk Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dayton, OH

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at US Air Force (Dayton, OH) in June 2011.

Interview

In this case, I did not go through the interview process. Instead, I received a phone call saying I was selected for a position I had applied for a few months before.

Malware Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Wright Patterson AFB, OH

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at US Air Force (Wright Patterson AFB, OH) in January 2011.

Interview

Since the position was a Direct Hire, I did not have to go through the normal process of applying through USAJobs which can sometimes be confusing and takes forever. With a Direct Hire position all I had to do was submit a hard-copy resume to the actual hiring manager and within a week I was called in for an interview.

Interview Questions

• The interview process was pretty painless and did not cover any real technical questions. The interviewer looked over my degree and related experience, told me about the position and asked if I felt I had anything to offer the team.   1 Answer

Negotiation

There are 3 tiers of starting pay a person can start at based on the level of degree. I had a Masters degree but was able to use prior experience to negoatiate a starting pay at the highest tier (PhD level).

Operations Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dayton, OH

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at US Air Force (Dayton, OH) in January 2011.

Interview

When interviewed for management position, I was asked what are my career goals, qualifications, experience, leadership development...nothing out of the ordinary. Mostly have to interview for specific positions and they are few and far between nowadays. Just be yourself, answer honestly, and you will probably be good.

Military Officer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dayton, OH

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at US Air Force (Dayton, OH) in December 2010.

Interview

The process to become an officer in the US Military is long and requires a lot of patience. There is an in person interview, background check, multiple IQ / Competency tests, there is also a personality test. If you are accepted you spend either 4 years in ROTC through college or 3 months in intense "Boot Camp" Style officer training school. It's not easy but it is definitely worth it.

Negotiation

You don't really negotiate. You either want it and get it or you don't.

Procurement Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dayton, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at US Air Force (Dayton, OH) in February 2010.

Interview

Takes a long time!

Interview Questions

• Why are you interested in this job.   1 Answer

Negotiation

One way

NONE Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dayton, OH

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at US Air Force (Dayton, OH) in January 2010.

Interview

They assigned me here. No interview in the military.