US Air Force Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Oct 16, 2017

2.7

103 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

NH-4 Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at US Air Force.

Interview

Three-part hiring process. Employment questionnaire and supporting documents are submitted and qualified by computer/screener. Resume and supporting documents are reviewed for relevancy to position. Top candidates are selected for interviews and all answer the same questions. Each step in the process is independent of the others, so don't assume the interviewer is familiar with the contents of your resume, for example.

Interview Questions

• One of the application questions is a multiple choice for level of qualifying engineering experience, ranging from education (engineering degree) to many years of experience combined with a Professional Engineeering license.   1 Answer

Acquisition Program Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New Bedford, MA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at US Air Force (New Bedford, MA) in June 2017.

Interview

Telephone interview with 3-person panel. No feedback from panel. Received 5 questions via email 30 mins. prior to interview. Standard conflict resolution, communications skills, prior experience, planning and evaluation, interpersonal skills questions.

Interview Questions

• Please describe your work experience and demonstrated expertise in defense systems acquisition management across the lifecycle. Relate your actual program experience in supporting the cost, schedule, and performance management of programs - describe your roles, your responsibilities, and the tasks you accomplished.   Answer Question
    • Please give examples of your communication skills, both written and verbal. Identify the documents you have written or co-written, the purpose of these documents, and any challenges you may have faced in writing and coordinating them. Also, please describe your experience and role in preparing briefings and presenting briefings - include the level/rank of audience members, and the purpose of the briefings.   Answer Question
    • Describe a situation in which you had to modify plans to accommodate unexpected assignments or to respond to changing workloads, priorities, or deadlines. What actions did you take? Who was involved? What was the timeframe? And what was the outcome?   Answer Question

Comm Officer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Colorado Springs, CO

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at US Air Force (Colorado Springs, CO).

Interview

There is no interview, you simply go with the needs of the U.S. Air Force. I went to a school where I commissioned through an Academy, so there is no interview process involved at all. We submitted our ideal jobs in the U.S. Air Force, and were provided with an Air Force Specialty Code a few months later.

Electronic Warfare Division Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at US Air Force.

Interview

Submitted resume to career fair representative after they had given speech on what it is they do in this specific department generally and what they offer employment-wise. Was informative and I got a call later that week for a phone interview.

Interview Questions

• What are your five most important qualities and why?   1 Answer

Director Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at US Air Force.

Interview

Online form, awaiting call back, uploaded resume, listed experience and accomplishments, answered multiple choice questions, job description was explicit and well-written, it was a good first filter of candidates interested in the job

Interview Questions

• Do you have experience within the requisite categories?   1 Answer

PPBE Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fairfax, VA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at US Air Force (Fairfax, VA) in February 2017.

Interview

I don't know if it was an official interview. I went to a recruiting event in the Springfield where recruiters got a feel for me and I got a feel of the company.

Interview Questions

• What was my work experience?   1 Answer

Biomedical Laboratory Officer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at US Air Force (New York, NY) in February 2017.

Interview

Interview went well and was asked basic interview questions and got a chance to ask any addition questions I had. The representative went through the qualifications summary found on the US Airforce website to make sure I fulfilled every qualification needed to qualify for the position. I asked if I could get my certification from ASCP through the US Airforce but I need to get the certification on my own before applying for the position.

Interview Questions

• Do you have a certification from the American Society for Clinical Pathology (ASCP)?   Answer Question

Technical Data Design Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oklahoma City, OK

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at US Air Force (Oklahoma City, OK) in August 2016.

Interview

This was an over the phone interview. The process took approximately 20 minutes. I was contacted by a recruiter for the company after he reviewed my resume. The recruiter asked how much experience that I had using technical data and asked how soon I could start. I responded to him that I currently have 19.5 years of experience using, updating, changing and correcting technical data. I also told him that I would not be able to start until 1 March 2017 due to my military commitment.

Interview Questions

• When is the earliest you could start.   1 Answer

Boom Operator for the KC-135 Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in March Air Reserve Base, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at US Air Force (March Air Reserve Base, CA) in April 2016.

Interview

I sat in a board room which consisted of the panel, they asked me my experiences with my current job, what types of responsibilities I am looking for, what responsibilities I have now, my current rank, how much education I have under my belt.

Interview Questions

• The most important question they asked me at the very end was why I wanted to become a boom.   1 Answer

Government Civilian IT Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Scott AFB, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at US Air Force (Scott AFB, IL) in March 2016.

Interview

Searched and applied for position via USA Jobs website. Contacted two weeks after closeout date for an interview the following day. Interviewed by panel of three - one military (lieutenant colonel) and two civilians for about 40 minutes. Some technical questions and some managemjent-focused. Professional and courteous throughout; told I did well afterwards. Notified of non-selection four weeks later.

Interview Questions

• What's the difference between a vulnerability and a threat?   1 Answer
    • How would you defend against an attack on a SQL database?   Answer Question
    • Describe how you would help a subordinate develop as a leader.   Answer Question