US Air Force Air Force Pilot Interview Questions | Glassdoor

US Air Force Air Force Pilot Interview Questions

3.3

Air Force Pilot Interview

Interview

must be medically qualified and based on a merit system through you school/rotc program you will have a limited number of slots to be filled. their are also avenues through Guard/Reserve Units that will bring you in, employ you, and if you are qualified and they have a position, will send you to pilot training. Pilot training itself is a year long process that will undoubtedly be the most stressful year of your life but the outcome is worth it!

Negotiation

n/a

Air Force Pilot Interview

Interview

I enrolled in a Reserve Officers’ Training Corps program at a civilian college or university.

Interview Questions

• Will I fly more or do more office work as a pilot?... The answer will shock you.   Answer Question

Negotiation

There was none

Anonymous Employee in Sacramento, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 12+ months. I interviewed at US Air Force (Sacramento, CA) in September 2012.

Interview

Aptitude test, physicals and 6 weeks of bootcamp to observe your leadership skills/traits. Once you've been selected as a candidate, sitting down in front of a board of officers who then ask you various questions on Air Force History, Leadership, current events, and then adding scenarios for you to work through to determine decision making.

Interview Questions

• Why should you be an AF Pilot?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Portland, OR

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at US Air Force (Portland, OR) in September 2011.

Interview

Had to get accepted to ROTC, then get a pilot slot. Or you can get into OTS after college. Either way you have to get a 4-yr degree, complete officer training, and get a pilot slot.

Interview Questions

• Grades and extracurricular activities are very important.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Syracuse, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at US Air Force (Syracuse, NY) in March 2011.

Interview

Significant paperwork to apply. Testing, AFOQT and TBAS must be complete, 3-5 letter of recommendation and a successful physical before you receive an interview. Once complete you can expect to be interviewed by a Major or above at the recruiting station, expect it to be a 1:1 sit down discussion on your goals and desires.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to be an Air Force Officer?   1 Answer

Negotiation

None, set government benefits.

Anonymous Employee in Warner Robins, GA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at US Air Force (Warner Robins, GA) in March 2010.

Interview

Interview was done on via phone. Standard questions of "Tell me about a time..." or "How did you handle...." They called my references, but used their own networks to find out the "real" truth about me. It was very clear that they wanted to make sure I was someone they would like to work with on a daily basis.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

N/A

Air Force Pilot Interview

Application

The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at US Air Force in February 2010.

Interview

There are a series of qualifying test to compete for a pilot allocation in the Air Force. These test names are available using Google search for pilot application. There is a complete series of medical tests as well as skill tests. In addition, your boss will either support your request or deny it, and tell you why. Out of all the applicants every year from within the Air Force, not counting ROTC, approximately 20-30% are selected.

Interview Questions

• Why would the Air Force want to spend the time and money retraining you into a career field when you are already qualified in another?   Answer Question

Air Force Pilot Interview

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at US Air Force in January 2010.

Interview

Easy. If you have the qualifications you will make it

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Non existant