US Air Force Pilot Interview Questions | Glassdoor

US Air Force Pilot Interview Questions

3.4

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at US Air Force (Dallas, TX) in January 2015.

Interview

Friendly the demeanor of the interviewer was very calm and reassuring. They basically talked about the benefits for f the company and the hat the training is like. The next step was the lightest and this was a iOS to a landing. Pretty basic and easy stuff.

Air Force Pilot Interview

Interview

must be medically qualified and based on a merit system through you school/rotc program you will have a limited number of slots to be filled. their are also avenues through Guard/Reserve Units that will bring you in, employ you, and if you are qualified and they have a position, will send you to pilot training. Pilot training itself is a year long process that will undoubtedly be the most stressful year of your life but the outcome is worth it!

Negotiation

n/a

Anonymous Employee in Jacksonville, FL

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at US Air Force (Jacksonville, FL) in February 2014.

Interview

You join rotc, ots, or the academy and your personlity and test score determine if you get a pilot slot.You must take the afoqt and tbas. The better you do on the tests, the higher chance you'll have of getting selected. Go get at least 5 hours to determine if you like flying. Although, air force pilot training is designed to have no flight time.

C-17 Pilot Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at US Air Force.

Interview

The interview process was associated with attaining a congressional appointment to the US Air Force Academy. My selection as a C-17 pilot came as a result of my experience and performance as a pilot in the Air Force.

Interview Questions

• When interviewed by a panel of congressional staffers, the most difficult question was why they should offer me an appointment over others that were also attempting to gain this congressional nomination.   Answer Question

Negotiation

There was no negotiation.

Pilot Interview

Interview

Very lenthy process with the hardest part as getting accepted into pilot training. Many aspects are taken into consideration but the first step is getting accepted into a commissioning source like the USAF Academy, ROTC, or Officer Training School. While attending the commissioning source, you must be in the top of your class to get selected.

Interview Questions

• The medical exam is very lengthy and detailed. Most of it is out of your control.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Sign a form.

Air Force Pilot Interview

Interview

I enrolled in a Reserve Officers’ Training Corps program at a civilian college or university.

Interview Questions

• Will I fly more or do more office work as a pilot?... The answer will shock you.   Answer Question

Negotiation

There was none

Fighter Pilot Interview

Interview

4 years of college, Bachelor of Science in Management, Competitive pilot candidate selection process, 1 year of pilot training, competitive aircraft selection process, fighter fundamentals "weed out" course, formal fighter training (jet specific), mission qualification in jet

Interview Questions

• Every day there is someone asking you a new question you may or may not know the answer to.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Not applicable.

USAF/MQ-9 Pilot Interview

Anonymous Employee in Montgomery, AL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at US Air Force (Montgomery, AL).

Interview

Standard Military selection, ASFAB and AFOQT

Interview Questions

• I had to sit for a selection board 20 years ago but some of the questions are still being asked today. Why should we select you? Why do you want to be a pilot? If we select you for training would you stay beyond your commitment?   1 Answer

Negotiation

no negotiation

Test Pilot Interview

Interview

Had to get into the Air Force as an officer - I used the US Air Force Academy. From there, get into pilot training and do well enough to get a fighter. After a tour as a fighter pilot, apply to and get accepted by USAF Test Pilot School.

Interview Questions

• No interview questions required - interview was a 5-flight series in the T-38 to ensure that we could quickly learn a new aircraft.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Sacramento, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 12+ months. I interviewed at US Air Force (Sacramento, CA) in September 2012.

Interview

Aptitude test, physicals and 6 weeks of bootcamp to observe your leadership skills/traits. Once you've been selected as a candidate, sitting down in front of a board of officers who then ask you various questions on Air Force History, Leadership, current events, and then adding scenarios for you to work through to determine decision making.

Interview Questions

• Why should you be an AF Pilot?   1 Answer