US Air Force Interview Questions | Glassdoor

US Air Force Interview Questions

Updated Dec 9, 2017

2.2

Combat Controller Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at US Air Force.

Interview

Physical And Stamina Test (PAST) Minimum and recommended.
    Pullups - 8/20

1 mile swim: 32 minute with fins
    Run 3 miles- Sub 24min

Secret and Top Secret Questionnaire and interview - Drug and Criminal history

ASVAB minimum score 56, entry into the Air Force

Interview Questions

• 2 hour pscyh/character screening assessment
      2 day (8 hours) IQ test   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at US Air Force.

Interview

Walked in, said hello how are you? I would like to join the Air Force, and travel to see the world. 30 words are to much to describe the interview process.

Interview Questions

Interview

Recruiter was excited to sign me up. Training was no joke though. Not as demanding as CCT or PJ. However you will need to find some willpower to graduate. Willpower and a desire to succeed a must.

Chemical Production Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at US Air Force (San Jose, CA) in August 2017.

Interview

It was very inviting and it helped me relax. I thought about the interview as a conversation between peers. It was followed by a tour of the facility where I was able to see what does on behind closed doors. Major eye opener

Interview Questions

• Do you believe there is a such thing as a zero mishap work area   1 Answer

Client Systems Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Troy, OH

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at US Air Force (Troy, OH).

Interview

For the Air Force, the interview process is different from the normal interview of a company. They will ask personal questions to verify your eligibility for enlistment. The most personal questions will be through MEPS, after the initial interview. You will also have to complete the ASVAB to figure out what jobs you qualify for. Your recruiter will help you with this. They are here for you, and if they can find a way to enlist you, they will.

Interview Questions

• What kind of positions are you interested in? Is there a particular job you are interested in? How old are you? What is your GPA? Have you graduated high school (if so, from where)? Are you married? Kids? What are your future goals? Are you currently working? Who is your employer? Do you have any college degrees or certs? Have you ever been arrested for a felony or for substance abuse? Have you ever taken drugs, if so, what? Do you have tattoos? Those are the top questions I remember.

If you have not graduated high school, they do have programs for you.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Fairfield, CA

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at US Air Force (Fairfield, CA).

Interview

Basic entry qualification will be provided by an Air Force Recruiter. Depending on one's education and training background, the type of career path will be mutually agreed upon. Testing will be required to assure proper and accurate match to career choices. Physical test results are also needed to complete the career matching process.

Interview Questions

• Clean back ground: no drugs, no dependents (if not married), age, credit history, education, physical & mental health and open to the needs of the Air Force.   1 Answer

Cyber Security Interview

Anonymous Employee in Nashville, TN

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at US Air Force (Nashville, TN).

Interview

Met with recruiter and discussed minimum requirements, which I met. Met regularly to fill out entrance exams and paperwork. Conducted physical examinations, as well as the ASVAB. I met all of the above.

Interview Questions

• Do you have a high school diploma?   3 Answers

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at US Air Force (Los Angeles, CA) in July 2017.

Interview

I applied for the position through USAJOBS a while back. I got a call last week to come for an interview. I was interviewed by two people, and then spoke to their current palace acquire. The interview itself took about an hour.

Interview Questions

• It was very informal. I'd say I asked most of the questions.   Answer Question

Aircraft Mechanic Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Antonio, TX

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at US Air Force (San Antonio, TX).

Interview

My interview process was talking with a recruiter and taking a physical. When you are at MEPS doing your physical ensure to pick your job that you would like.

Acquisition Program Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New Bedford, MA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at US Air Force (New Bedford, MA) in June 2017.

Interview

Telephone interview with 3-person panel. No feedback from panel. Received 5 questions via email 30 mins. prior to interview. Standard conflict resolution, communications skills, prior experience, planning and evaluation, interpersonal skills questions.

Interview Questions

• Please describe your work experience and demonstrated expertise in defense systems acquisition management across the lifecycle. Relate your actual program experience in supporting the cost, schedule, and performance management of programs - describe your roles, your responsibilities, and the tasks you accomplished.   Answer Question
    • Please give examples of your communication skills, both written and verbal. Identify the documents you have written or co-written, the purpose of these documents, and any challenges you may have faced in writing and coordinating them. Also, please describe your experience and role in preparing briefings and presenting briefings - include the level/rank of audience members, and the purpose of the briefings.   Answer Question
    • Describe a situation in which you had to modify plans to accommodate unexpected assignments or to respond to changing workloads, priorities, or deadlines. What actions did you take? Who was involved? What was the timeframe? And what was the outcome?   Answer Question