US Air Force Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Mar 23, 2017

2.2

Electronics Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dayton, OH

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at US Air Force (Dayton, OH).

Interview

I had approximately five interviews for my current position. Two phone interviews. In person interview with the supervisor, then a interview with the team leads, the finally was asked to do a presentation on my research. The interview consisted of many technical, personality and personal questions. They are assuring that you have the technical understanding and that you will be a good fit for the position.

Interview Questions

• Are you okay with supporting research that may result in destroying targets, blowing things up... Including humans?   1 Answer

Avionics Technician Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at US Air Force.

Interview

Go to USAF Recruiting Office. Mention this career path. Wait for an availability, then leave to training. Upon selection you will be moved to Lackland AFB where you will receive basic training requirements. After successful graduation you will transfer to a much more relaxed training environment to learn your trade.

Negotiation

The negotiation phase was non-existent as this is a job that requires filled.

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at US Air Force.

Interview

More of a test and physical. Their really is not an interview to join the US Air Force. It is more of a background check and then they decide if you are physically able to be in the military. I am sure some covert interview steps are taken to insure that you are capable of serving, but it is not made clear to the interviewee.

Mechanical Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at US Air Force in June 2016.

Interview

Telephone interview was very short and relaxed. I spoke one on one with the hiring manager, who would have become my direct supervisor. No tough questions. Some personal questions, and basic questions about experience.

Interview Questions

• What about your experience will make you stand out against other candidates?   Answer Question

NCO Interview

Anonymous Employee in Virginia Beach, VA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at US Air Force (Virginia Beach, VA).

Interview

Straight forward, as medical and health questions. Follow by any experience and educational background to secure the best job for me at the time. I met all requirements based on my test score and I was able to pick any job I wanted to secure an outstanding career.

Interview Questions

• are you ready for a change in your life?   1 Answer

Superintendent Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at US Air Force.

Interview

The recruiter did his job and convinced me that the Air Force could get me an education and 20 years later I am still in. I have had a great time and filled many rewarding positions.

Negotiation

n/a

Airman Interview

Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 7+ months. I interviewed at US Air Force (Denver, CO).

Interview

The Air Force recruiter helped me to first identify my aptitudes and then helped fit me to a position currently being sought by the Air Force. The recruiter also informed me about incentive and retention programs, alerted me to certain features of the initial training process and helped me to enhance my skills and qualifications to make me more successful in my early career.

Interview Questions

• Are you a high school graduate.   1 Answer

Crew Chief Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at US Air Force.

Interview

quite easy, asking questions like do you have kids, do you have a criminal record, did you graduate high school. Just don't incriminate yourself. The recruiter will be happy to talk to you.

Interview Questions

• They just picked the job for me, I took the ASVAB and passed it. I had too wait months to get a job offer. The recruiter will exaggerate your job and make it seem really cool when it isn't. The military is about getting bodies to fill the position not what fits you best.   1 Answer

Cyber Security Interview

Anonymous Employee in Biloxi, MS

Application

The process took 4 days. I interviewed at US Air Force (Biloxi, MS) in May 2016.

Interview

I was interviewed on a panel. I was asked job question as well as personal questions. They put me in a scenario and asked how would I handle the situation as well as what order.

Interview Questions

• How much did I know about cyber security?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Asked me what kind of hours would I be willing to work?

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at US Air Force.

Interview

The Supervisor was pleasant and didn't rush me through the interview. She introduced me to the staff and other management team members. I was given a full tour throughout the building and had a chance to meet the Front Desk Customer Service Staff.

Interview Questions

• Do you have any hotel/lodging experience? If not, we will train you.   1 Answer