US Air Force Program Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor

US Air Force Program Manager Interview Questions

2.4

15 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Honolulu, HI

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at US Air Force (Honolulu, HI) in May 2015.

Interview

The interview was informal. We discussed my work experience as it pertains to the company business. Their different projects and divisions were described and I explained what I had done that could contribute.

Interview Questions

• What salary are you looking for?   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for US Air Force

Anonymous Employee in Albuquerque, NM

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at US Air Force (Albuquerque, NM) in April 2014.

Interview

Quite straightforward - they expect that you're not an expert and are really measuring your ability to integrate quickly into the team and have the aptitude to learn quickly. After a one-on-one, there was a panel meeting with multiple senior members of the team to gauge my ability to communicate effectively and get a feel for cultural fit.

Interview Questions

• How would you resolve an issue amongst two disagreeing team members?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Dayton, OH

Application

I interviewed at US Air Force (Dayton, OH) in January 2014.

Interview

The interview process is easier than its civilian counterparts. Often positions are screened for potential candidates at the senior leadership level and what is best for the overall organization.

Program Manager Interview

Interview

This is a difficult job as an enlisted person

Interview Questions

• lack of resources and management engagement proved problematic   Answer Question

Program Manager Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at US Air Force.

Interview

Officer candidate selection

Interview Questions

Negotiation

There is no negotiation. You will get paid based on yeas in and what rank you are.

Program Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at US Air Force.

Interview

MEPS through the recruiter

Anonymous Employee in San Antonio, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at US Air Force (San Antonio, TX) in January 2013.

Interview

online application required but mostly a word a mouth type selection. Networking certainly helps get your name in front of the right folks. Once there they have to screen all eligible candidates weather they already know who they will pick or not. Typically this is done first by phone. If you make that cut then further interviews may take place. Very long and tedious process mostly due to government bureaucracy. Expect months to finish from cradle to grave.

Interview Questions

• Why do you feel you are the most qualified candidate for this position and what attributes will you bring to the organization.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at US Air Force (Los Angeles, CA) in February 2012.

Interview

Military here, so no formal interview processes. I networked within the organization to see who was the most undermanned department doing something tolerable. After that I repeatedly met with higher ranking personnel until I found one with the authority to authorize a move. The decision makers at LA AFB are spineless bureaucrats more interested in playing CYA and personal advancement games. Figure out how to stroke their ego and you can make them do anything.

Negotiation

Negotiations were getting the job, as military everything else is already determined

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Trenton, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at US Air Force (Trenton, NJ) in July 2011.

Interview

First I had to submit a special duty application package with medical evaluation, performance reports, and a letter of recommendation from my commander. After my record was reviewed, the hiring manager called me to ask questions related to my package. Not much of an interview was conducted, because they had already selected another candidate. They just wanted let me know that I was not selected and why.

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at US Air Force (Houston, TX) in January 2010.

Interview

Be honest and open with the recruiter. Do not take any drugs. Do not have tattoos. Follow the instructions during the application process so the recruiter’s time is not wasted.