US Air Force Program Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor

US Air Force Program Manager Interview Questions

Updated Jan 2, 2017

2.4

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at US Air Force (Houston, TX) in January 2010.

Interview

Be honest and open with the recruiter. Do not take any drugs. Do not have tattoos. Follow the instructions during the application process so the recruiter’s time is not wasted.

Other Interview Reviews for US Air Force

Program Manager Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at US Air Force.

Interview

Officer candidate selection

Interview Questions

Negotiation

There is no negotiation. You will get paid based on yeas in and what rank you are.

Program Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Aviano (Italy)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at US Air Force (Aviano (Italy)) in September 2014.

Interview

Applied online. Received a phone call from a cell phone very late in the evening to schedule an interview. The process took a long time. But the interview was a typical "get to know you" and your resume and asked a few provider/employee relations questions related to management.

Interview Questions

• Explain your experience for this position in detail.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in San Antonio, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at US Air Force (San Antonio, TX) in January 2013.

Interview

online application required but mostly a word a mouth type selection. Networking certainly helps get your name in front of the right folks. Once there they have to screen all eligible candidates weather they already know who they will pick or not. Typically this is done first by phone. If you make that cut then further interviews may take place. Very long and tedious process mostly due to government bureaucracy. Expect months to finish from cradle to grave.

Interview Questions

• Why do you feel you are the most qualified candidate for this position and what attributes will you bring to the organization.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Dayton, OH

Application

I interviewed at US Air Force (Dayton, OH) in January 2014.

Interview

The interview process is easier than its civilian counterparts. Often positions are screened for potential candidates at the senior leadership level and what is best for the overall organization.

Program Manager Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at US Air Force in October 2010.

Interview

I only had one interview, submitted application and resume on-line.

Interview Questions

• Where do I see myself 5 years from now?   1 Answer
    • How will you help us achieve our goals?   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiation phase.

Program Manager Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at US Air Force in August 2009.

Interview

since i am active duty. it's easier for me to get the job i want. but there are times when the job actually wants your experience for the job and asks for your training. it's worth to get the experience in the interview so you get the most out of it.

Anonymous Employee in Albuquerque, NM

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at US Air Force (Albuquerque, NM) in April 2014.

Interview

Quite straightforward - they expect that you're not an expert and are really measuring your ability to integrate quickly into the team and have the aptitude to learn quickly. After a one-on-one, there was a panel meeting with multiple senior members of the team to gauge my ability to communicate effectively and get a feel for cultural fit.

Interview Questions

• How would you resolve an issue amongst two disagreeing team members?   Answer Question

Program Manager Interview

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at US Air Force in September 2009.

Interview

The Air Force typically posts its job openings on an electronic bulletin board available only to those who are already in the Air Force. One can apply for positions via this electronic bulletin board; only some of the positions require a face-to-face interview. One can initiate an interview be calling the senior executive of the office to which the desired position belongs; one can also call a neutral career manager to mitigate the process.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Trenton, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at US Air Force (Trenton, NJ) in July 2011.

Interview

First I had to submit a special duty application package with medical evaluation, performance reports, and a letter of recommendation from my commander. After my record was reviewed, the hiring manager called me to ask questions related to my package. Not much of an interview was conducted, because they had already selected another candidate. They just wanted let me know that I was not selected and why.