US Air Force Program Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor

US Air Force Program Manager Interview Questions

Updated Jan 2, 2017

2.4

Program Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at US Air Force.

Interview

MEPS through the recruiter

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for US Air Force

Program Manager Interview

Interview

This is a difficult job as an enlisted person

Interview Questions

• lack of resources and management engagement proved problematic   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at US Air Force (Los Angeles, CA) in February 2012.

Interview

Military here, so no formal interview processes. I networked within the organization to see who was the most undermanned department doing something tolerable. After that I repeatedly met with higher ranking personnel until I found one with the authority to authorize a move. The decision makers at LA AFB are spineless bureaucrats more interested in playing CYA and personal advancement games. Figure out how to stroke their ego and you can make them do anything.

Negotiation

Negotiations were getting the job, as military everything else is already determined

Anonymous Employee in Colorado Springs, CO

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at US Air Force (Colorado Springs, CO) in February 2009.

Interview

No interview process per say. See Air Force recruiter

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation possible. Salaries are congressionally mandated.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Honolulu, HI

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at US Air Force (Honolulu, HI) in May 2015.

Interview

The interview was informal. We discussed my work experience as it pertains to the company business. Their different projects and divisions were described and I explained what I had done that could contribute.

Interview Questions

• What salary are you looking for?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Trenton, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at US Air Force (Trenton, NJ) in July 2011.

Interview

First I had to submit a special duty application package with medical evaluation, performance reports, and a letter of recommendation from my commander. After my record was reviewed, the hiring manager called me to ask questions related to my package. Not much of an interview was conducted, because they had already selected another candidate. They just wanted let me know that I was not selected and why.

Program Manager Interview

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at US Air Force in September 2009.

Interview

The Air Force typically posts its job openings on an electronic bulletin board available only to those who are already in the Air Force. One can apply for positions via this electronic bulletin board; only some of the positions require a face-to-face interview. One can initiate an interview be calling the senior executive of the office to which the desired position belongs; one can also call a neutral career manager to mitigate the process.

Anonymous Employee in Albuquerque, NM

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at US Air Force (Albuquerque, NM) in April 2014.

Interview

Quite straightforward - they expect that you're not an expert and are really measuring your ability to integrate quickly into the team and have the aptitude to learn quickly. After a one-on-one, there was a panel meeting with multiple senior members of the team to gauge my ability to communicate effectively and get a feel for cultural fit.

Interview Questions

• How would you resolve an issue amongst two disagreeing team members?   Answer Question

Program Manager Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at US Air Force in August 2009.

Interview

since i am active duty. it's easier for me to get the job i want. but there are times when the job actually wants your experience for the job and asks for your training. it's worth to get the experience in the interview so you get the most out of it.

Program Manager Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at US Air Force in October 2010.

Interview

I only had one interview, submitted application and resume on-line.

Interview Questions

• Where do I see myself 5 years from now?   1 Answer
    • How will you help us achieve our goals?   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiation phase.