US Air Force Software Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

US Air Force Software Engineer Interview Questions

2.0

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hill AFB, UT

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at US Air Force (Hill AFB, UT).

Interview

In my own case, there was a job fair but it was not broadly or advertized. The interviews that took place during the job fair were preliminary, but I was asked in for a follow-up interview and then offered a job. There are online tools for any applicant to apply for a government job.

Interview Questions

• Why has it taken you so long to get hired?   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for US Air Force

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hill AFB, UT

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at US Air Force (Hill AFB, UT) in May 2009.

Interview

Hiring process takes a very long time in the government. Best resource is USAJobs website. Youtube videos are available to help with the convuluted process. If you can figure out the application system and make it onto the eligability list there may be a number of managers that can hire you. It's best to know someone on the inside that can provide feedback and interpret the whole process.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

your pay must match the GS pay scale determined by Government HR based on years of experience. The only negotiation possible is to ensure your experience has been coded correctly or possibly a salary match if the difference is minimal.