US Air Force Interview Questions in Washington, DC | Glassdoor

2.6

15 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

PPBE Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fairfax, VA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at US Air Force (Fairfax, VA) in February 2017.

Interview

I don't know if it was an official interview. I went to a recruiting event in the Springfield where recruiters got a feel for me and I got a feel of the company.

Interview Questions

• What was my work experience?   1 Answer

Avionics Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bowie, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at US Air Force (Bowie, MD) in December 2016.

Interview

I had spoken with a recruiter in order to become an aircraft mechanics engineer and where could it take me later in life when I transfer back over to the civilian side of things

Enlisted Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at US Air Force (Washington, DC).

Interview

You can work something out with your recruiter (don’t forget about ROTC!), or you could go to the MEPs and see what is available and when you could enter. You could ask for something general, like “maintenance”, and let the Air Force pick for you. Of course your ASVAB scores could limit your options. I recommend doing your research. Use the internet and networking to find what interests you the most. What will put you in certain geographical locations? What will have you deploy the most? What will give you civilian transitioning skills???

Interview Questions

• The recruiter will ask you questions pertaining to social life, medical, law…(I think. It’s been 20 years).   1 Answer

Music Librarian Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at US Air Force (Washington, DC) in August 2015.

Interview

Truly disgusting. To begin, the communications process was a disaster - It was stated that the interviews would occur on the 20th and 21st of the month. Ten days after I had booked my travel, I received further messages stating the "auditions" would occur on the 22nd. An apology later followed stating that the "audition" would occur on the 21st; so I had to pay out of pocket for an extra day of lodging. None of my expenses were reimbursed. My inquiry about reimbursement was overlooked or ignored.

All of the correspondence was created from templates used for the band. This was obvious because the interview was referred to over and over in correspondence as an "audition". I did not perform any music, thus it was not an audition, however it was not an interview either.

The letters made it clear that showing up by 8AM for registration was required. I showed up 15 minutes before registration time, then sat in a "holding room" (sounds like prison, right?) for an hour and fifteen minutes before the process began. 3 of the 4.5 hours I spent at the band building were in the holding room with 3-7 other candidates. There must have been a total of 16 candidates - 15 of which, in my opinion, were not given due respect. I should not have been invited to this; clearly they needed someone with extensive knowledge of band/orchestra/opera repertoire. I had to take the written test, full of broad questions covering LIS topics, copyright law issues, orchestration, transposition, band repertoire in detail and length I could not have imagined. I have a M.M. and an MLIS, and my opinion is that the questions were overwhelming, to say the least.

This disastrous experience cost me over $800. This job will be extremely stressful for the poor soul who gets it - and he/she will be underpaid for the amount of burden it will impose. Ask what you can do for your country.

Interview Questions

• Name five marches by five different composers - not Sousa.   1 Answer

Branch Chief Interview

Anonymous Employee in Andrews AFB, MD

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at US Air Force (Andrews AFB, MD) in April 2015.

Interview

Minimal number of questions, as much of the information was derived from my resume and work experience. However, there were a number of questions asked about my familiarity with specific education and training programs offered by the Air Force.

Interview Questions

• How familiar are you with the Post 9/11 GI Bill Program in terms of the eligibility requirements?   Answer Question

Computer Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Falls Church, VA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at US Air Force (Falls Church, VA) in February 2015.

Interview

Conducting the interview process with the U S Air Force was easy and pretty much a straightforward background process I mostly had to give a background information and schooling information to answering a few question about skills to working in a fast busy environment. The overall experience was that the process took about 4 months because of funding issues.

IT Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Andrews AFB, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at US Air Force (Andrews AFB, MD) in April 2014.

Interview

The interview is held as a board, where 3 to 4 people ask you questions about your experience, previous mistakes, AF values, and what you'll do for the organization if hired. Usually these three consist of all higher ranking than you. They will come from within the organization, outside the organization, and from HR or management.

Interview Questions

• What was your must important success in your previous position?   Answer Question

Superintendent Interview

Anonymous Employee in Woodbridge, VA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at US Air Force (Woodbridge, VA) in January 2013.

Interview

Visit your local Air Force recruiter's office for information regarding enlistment in the United States Air Force, Marine Corp, Army, Navy, Coast Guard, or the Guard/Reserves. The recruiter will discuss processing the MEPS, weekly tasks during basic training, and how the Air Force can help you reach your goals

Interview Questions

• Did you graduate high school?   1 Answer

Infrastructure Management Interview

Anonymous Employee in Andrews AFB, MD

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at US Air Force (Andrews AFB, MD) in September 2012.

Interview

They talked and reviewed my job application package, prior work experience in this field and what other experiences I had related to other areas of this unit. I also had questions which the commanders and supervisors answered to their ability.

Interview Questions

• Where I saw myself in ten years   1 Answer

Negotiation

This job was not negotiable and was based on military rank

Security Forces Interview

Anonymous Employee in Largo, MD

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at US Air Force (Largo, MD) in January 2012.

Interview

Go talk to a recruiter they'll ask what are your interest did you graduate high school are you married do you have kids if you have kids you gotta get married or sign parental rights over or you can not join