US Airways Interview Questions in Charlotte, NC | Glassdoor

US Airways Interview Questions in Charlotte, NC

62 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Customer Service Agent Interview

Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at US Airways (Charlotte, NC) in May 2015.

Interview

Only behavioral interview questions asked during the interview such as: "Describe a situation when you had to deal with difficult customer, difficult or dangerous situation." Describe a situation when you demonstrate that you are a team player, or did something special for a customer."

Interview Questions

• What your former employer would say about you?   1 Answer

Negotiation

no negotiations

Ramp Agent Interview

Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at US Airways (Charlotte, NC) in March 2015.

Interview

Around first week of march :phone interview and after a week i recieved an email for a face to face interview.
    Around march 15:Around 50 people waiting for a face to face interview.
    An information session was conducted before the interview, and then each was called to a back room for a face to face interview.//make sure you pay attention to the information session or lecture.
    Around March 18 :Called to do a finger printing and sent to do a drug screening.
    Called around March 26, i passed background and waiting to be called by a trianing lead for next class,
    may be april or may!

Interview Questions

• What did you learn from the information session?
      Why do you want to work for US Airways?
      2-3 senerio questions   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at US Airways (Charlotte, NC).

Interview

You'll go through a presentation and then you will have to introduce yourself yourself, follow the instructions that they give you. Don't go over the time. They want to see that you're comfortable standing up and talking in front of a group. Make sure on your downtime you talk to everybody and talk to all of the recruiters. Do not take your cell phone. Following the presentation you will do a group activity. I think they're looking to see how you work in a group setting. Don't be too bossy don't be too pushy but don't be too quiet either. Lunch will come out and then you'll have more time to socialize with everybody make sure your seen being social. Following lunch in HR person will come this is when they're making the cut. If your name is called most likely they're bringing you to the curb. If you want of the lucky people to stay after then you will go into a face-to-face interview and your offer will be given to you on the spot. Good luck! Remember smile smile smile smile be social talk to everybody.

Interview Questions

• Nothing is really difficult just relax think about it and you'll be fine. If you're what they looking for then they will select you, remember a lot of really good people get turned down.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at US Airways (Charlotte, NC) in September 2014.

Interview

I just wanted to share my experience with interviewing for US Airways. Went to the interview in Charlotte NC 9/26/2014. Some things i have read on here are correct, but some were a little off. Arrived at 820am..was about 80-90 people there. Everyone extremely nice and polite. The recruiters gave the entire group a very detailed description of the job, salary and training and interview process. We were then given the opportunity to ask questions about the job. Next, they partnered everyone with another candidate and gave us15 minutes to find out about the person and what would make them a good flight attendant. We then introduced our partner in front of the group. The recruiters sat in the back. I think they were looking at the way we spoke to the crowd, our appearance and dress. We then took a break for about 15-20 minutes max while the recruiters discussed who they would like to stay for the remainder of the interview. Came back together as a group and they read names of about 20-25 people they invited to stay to complete a face to face interview. Myself included (YAYYY). We completed a questionaire and a mock customer complaint to see how we would answer. Then called back in one by one to complete the f2f interview. We did not interview with all the recruiters, just one...one on one. After the f2f interview the recruiter advised we should receive an email within the next couple of weeks advising whether or not we will be offered a position and invited to training. When exiting we had to show ID, SSCard and Passport.

I am waiting now for an email. Great experience!!

Interview Questions

• Why makes me flexible enough to handle a flight attendant position?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at US Airways (Charlotte, NC) in September 2014.

Interview

The process went rather quickly. I applied online as soon as the window opened, received a invitation to complete a video interview, completed the video interview checked my status over and over for a couple of weeks. Then I recieved a call for my face to face. They flew me down to charlottle and there ended up being two groups of candidites. My group was the second group. No one was selected to stay back from my group. This suprised all of us and really upset a lot of the applicants. We had very very strong candidites in our group. We had a group of flight attendants who kind of put themselves off to the side witch I thought was a bad thing for them to do. But that's but my opinion. Then we had maybe five women who very real and very personable. I really loved meeting everyone it was a good way for me to get my feet wet in the flight attendant interview process. However I feel I did a great job during my intro and like I said, so did about five other applicants. Yet no one was pulled back. They lie to you and tell you that you will know of your status 24-48 hours from the day you have your f2f but let's face it everyone knew that day that we were not selected and I agree with everyone else. It's so unprofessional and in settling the way us air does the selection. You can't really base someone off 60 seconds. However it was a lovely group of people!

UPDATE: A week after my F2F as we already knew NONE of our group got selected. Its is so disappointing and really unprofessional that they lie to your face however, I'm the type of person that believes that everything happiness for a reason and I will apply again in 6 months if I feel at that time that US Air/AA is the place for me! Good luck to everyone

Recruitment/Interview: Flight Attendant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at US Airways (Charlotte, NC) in September 2014.

Interview

I just left the Recruitment/Interview Day for US Airways and felt I now, too, can add my experience. Before today, I've read every single persons input and applied it to my expectations....well if you have read others you'll see that there some order: introduction in front of large group of people, do seated/over reach, Survival activitiy....
    I guess the recruiters switched up the whole scheme of things for what ever reason.
    First off, every single recruiter was very nice and welcoming, not intimidating at all. Friendly and humble...
    So we went in, were sat in Cafeteria...and naturally we All started just being social towards eachother "where are yooou from? :) all the while the recruiters watched but as if they were just chillin' waiting for 'something'. SO we never did intros bc of THAT. They got to see if you were naturally friendly and engaging.
    Then we went into a conference room. Coffee/water refreshments. Asked to leave our things as they take us to do an exercise: sit and put on belt & then the over reach . Then back in room they THEY introduce themselves and show company video blah blah blah. Then heres what shocked me: one of the instructors tell you everything you need to know about what base they have: Philly, Pheonix, DC and NC- thats it! She tells you about Compensation and breaks it down, in conclusion she told us all the honest truth about being an FA, especially not in your hometown base, you have to commit to moving there if your not an hour away. And THE RECRUITERS GIVE YOU THE OPTION to leave if you feel you cant commit to the lifestyle change or stay...I left. Im from NYC and would prefer to be based by home. So please do not freak out about the process. Its fun. Everyone is cool---and dress code is not that strict. Just dress BUSINESS CASUAL look presentable and be friendly, its so easy with everyone, you wont have to force it and you dont get a fake vibe from anyone---im usually very hard and judgemental about things, but this experience wasn't a waste. Hope this eases some people's anxieties. Good luck.

Interview Questions

• How is everyone this mornin'? (Seriously) lol   1 Answer

There was no base close to home and I refuse to relocate.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at US Airways (Charlotte, NC) in August 2014.

Interview

I applied and was asked to give a video interview two days later. The video interview wasn't bad at all in my opinion it was pretty easy. They asked questions such as how do you handle a difficult co-worker? A couple of months later I was asked to attend a recruitment session in Charlotte,NC. I was prepared to give my 1 minute speech, wore my high heels for the reach test, they also wanted you to work in group for a simulated crash. The thing that surprised me most was they ask all the women to take off their shoes for the reach test. When I didn't pass the reach test I asked how far was the emergency equipment in the cabin? Both flight attendants pretty much ignored me. One FA said she's not sure how far back the equipment was. This response surprised me because in an emergency situation why would the equipment be so far back in the luggage cabin?? And in the year 2014 what is the need to ask women to take their shoes off?? Especially when they can wear high heels. I'm 4'11 and a 100 pounds, so I didn't think height would be an issue. I highly doubt in an emergency situation an FA will have their shoes off!!!. If height was a requirement then they should state that in the requirements. The reach test was what really upset me because I didn't even get a chance to go through the full interview process. I guess my word to the ladies is be prepared to take your shoes off.

Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at US Airways (Charlotte, NC).

Interview

I submitted my online application at the end of January and then completed the video interview about 2 weeks later. About a month later (Mid-March), I received an invitation to the recruitment event or in-person interview. I attended the March 21st interview, and here are the details:

1. I arrived to the Charlotte training center a little before 9:00am, was given a name tag and led to the dining hall where all the candidates were waiting. During that time, the recruiters went around and checked us all in. By the time all the candidates arrived, we were about 70 in total.
    2. They split us into 2 groups, had us drop off our stuff at our respective classroom and then led us to the airplane simulation room for the jumpseat and overhead bin tests.
    3. When we returned to the classrooms, the recruiters introduced themselves and gave a brief presentation on US Airways, the FA position and a video about the US Airways-American merger.
    4. Then, they had us make timed 1-minute introductions giving our name, where we were coming from and an response to the following question,"What 3 qualities should an exceptional flight attendant have?" They were pretty strict about timing (raising their hand or stopping people when the time was up), so it is important to rehearse your elevator speech ahead of time. It seems they preferred complete, thorough answers so as to assess how well we follow directions and express ourselves. I also recommend thanking US Airways for the opportunity and shouting out to fellow candidates, "Good Luck" or "Thanks for sharing in this crazy experience with me" just creates for a more supportive, fun environment.
    5. After introductions, we were divided into groups of 4-5 persons and given a plane crash scenario where we had to rank 12 items in terms of their use and aid for our survival. People tend to get nervous here and try to outshadow, talk over or direct the group; however, I recommend playing a more supportive or organizational role: emphasize priorities, keep the group on task, encourage input from everyone. I was by far not "leading" the group, so I just took the opportunities to show my engagement-second/compliment others' contributions, nod, actively engage during the follow-up explanation. I think ultimately that mattered more, how positively we engage with the other candidates and recruiters.
    6. After that activity, lunch was served and the recruiters all left, I suppose to deliberate! Lunch was really good-a few different salads to choose from. That was the first time actually that an airline (I have interviewed with 3 other airlines) ever served me lunch at an interview, which I thought was very nice and considerate.
    7. After lunch, the recruiters returned to the classrooms and announced that the interview had concluded, that everyone would have to leave now and that they'd get back to us within a week. Then, at the very end just as we began to pick up our things and head out, they said they needed a few individuals to stay for a bit longer to review paperwork. There were maybe 8-10 of us left in our classroom and I suspect another 8-10 left in the other classroom.
    8. After everyone left, they took us to other rooms to conduct the 1-on-1 interviews. The 1-on-1 interview was fairly intense and very much on par with the STAR method. They really want you to provide concrete and specific examples that touch on each of the STAR criteria (describing the situation, task, action and result). I highly recommend searching for sample FA interview questions and practicing answers using STAR to them. Have a good 3-4 work experiences/projects to reference in your answers. Here are some of the questions asked that I can remember...
    -Name a time you got into a conflict with a coworker. How did you resolve it?
    -Describe a time you learned a new process? How did you go about it?
    -Describe a time when you provided excellent customer service? Or describe excellent customer service.
    -Tell me about a time when you had to overcome a challenge.
    -What is most and least appealing about the FA position?
    9. They then led us to another room to wait and told us that there would be another exercise. Slowly other candidates and all the recruiters trickled in. Once we were all there (there were about 12-15 of us maybe), they gave us the tentative offer letters and had us fill out paperwork, get finger-printed, etc.

Overall, it was a very enjoyable experience and the recruiters made it very exciting and fun. They get you really pumped about the job and company. My biggest piece of advice is to just stay turned on the whole time and have fun! No matter what the result, make the most of it, learn from it and tweak wherever you (I certainly have after 3 interviews), and make new friends!

Interview Questions

• Really practice and rehearse your introduction and interview questions. Dress the part also! Since you will be held to a strict uniform policy as a FA, you should demonstrate that you are already capable of that.   4 Answers

Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at US Airways (Charlotte, NC).

Interview

Applied then received a phone call for a brief phone interview. From there I was flown to Charlotte for an in-person group interview. They did group activities and observed our interactions with each other. There are several rounds, and after each round they pull people out and send them home. At the end there is a one-on-one interview. Dress professionally, speak professionally. Men - wear a suit. Women- wear a nice knee-length skirt, heels, and a dressy blouse. Focus on safety first, customer service second, and you "love of travel" last or not at all.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

There are no negotiations. They offer the job and tell you the salary. Every aspect of compensation is negotiated by a union.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at US Airways (Charlotte, NC) in April 2014.

Interview

Applied online. Recieved an email for a preliminary video interview. Submitted video interview and 5 weeks later was invited to Charlotte, NC for a recruiting session. Flew to Charlotte courtsey of USAIR. Recruters are current Flight Attendants and all were very nice and personable. All attendees were asked to take a seat in the cafeteria, Recruiters walked throught out the room greeting us and asking if we had any questions, I took advantage of the Q&A. The recruiter I was speaking to was extremely nice and made me feel very at ease. After several minutes she introduced me to 2 other recruiters. The four of us conversed for several minutes before I was placed in my group.
    The first thing they have you do is the "reach" and "jumpseat" test. I am 6'2' so the reach test was a breeze, the jumpseat test was a different story. I have to be honest I allowed my waistline to go hay wire over the last 10 years, that being said, I failed the jumpseat test. The recruiter who adminsitered the test clearly saw that I was upset and escorted me back to gather my belongings. As we walked to the office to arrange for a flight home one of the recruiters I had meet early stoped and asked how it was going. I explained the situation and she was very sympathetic. Both recruiters told me to go home "work on it" and reapply in 6 months. I got the sense from their concern for me that if I would have succesfully passed the jumpseat test I would have been invited to train as a Flight Attendant. So now I am back at home working on losing weight. I will lose the weight, reapply, and succeed in becoming a Flight Attendant.
    My advice to those going to Charlotte is be engaging without being phony. The recruiters are sharp and can figure out who is genuine and not. Smile, ask questions, and DO your homework about the company and the position.

Interview Questions

• What qualities do you possess that would make you a exceptional Flight Attendant?   Answer Question